NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not manipulating facts, I'm simply interpreting them for myself and for the benefit of the group discussion. I'm also not upset that people don't agree - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

In my defense, I am not analyzing the "rehab call" in a vacuum based on Dormer's statement alone (which by the way - he couldn't have used a stronger word). I've made my analysis on the "rehab" call by carefully and exhaustively considering the totality of evidence, information and statements that are available to me.

In the end, I believe Mari was lying or conveniently misremembering the timing and nature of the call in order to further the investigation of the person SHE thought was responsible for her daughter's death. How she came to believe that CPH was the perp is anyone's guess, but knowing that she is friends with Flukeyou gives me some idea of where she may have picked up that idea after the media storm hit. She never reported that call to police prior to the media storm.

Regardless of how or when the police "debunked" this call, the entire scenario has been thoroughly "debunked" here on this board. It has been explained eloquently and succinctly by Seaslug in a way that is completely understandable by any (dispassionate) observer.

See here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #13

Nothing was debunked as a fact, so you should not post that as a fact. I do not believe she was lying so the above bolding would be another untruth about the very thing you were just questioned on.
The other thing yes she was a victim from the start of things at the party that night. When she called 911 for help stating ppl were going to kill her.

Alex Diaz didn't pass out cards. CPH gave Alex his card. She wasn't a victim at the time. She was missing. He was offering to be a resource. There is nothing fishy about it. And yes, police have seen the phone records. They've "debunked" Mari's version of events.

How do u
I'm not manipulating facts, I'm simply interpreting them for myself and for the benefit of the group discussion. I'm also not upset that people don't agree - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

In my defense, I am not analyzing the "rehab call" in a vacuum based on Dormer's statement alone (which by the way - he couldn't have used a stronger word). I've made my analysis on the "rehab" call by carefully and exhaustively considering the totality of evidence, information and statements that are available to me.

In the end, I believe Mari was lying or conveniently misremembering the timing and nature of the call in order to further the investigation of the person SHE thought was responsible for her daughter's death. How she came to believe that CPH was the perp is anyone's guess, but knowing that she is friends with Flukeyou gives me some idea of where she may have picked up that idea after the media storm hit. She never reported that call to police prior to the media storm.

Regardless of how or when the police "debunked" this call, the entire scenario has been thoroughly "debunked" here on this board. It has been explained eloquently and succinctly by Seaslug in a way that is completely understandable by any (dispassionate) observer.

See here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #13
I dont think fluke and mg are aquainted, let alone friends.
How do u know when she reported the call to police?

How do u

She came out to the media with the accusation on 4/12/2011.
On 4/14/2011, Dormer said: "Homicide detectives have spoken to Gilbert's family a number of times and the family has never conveyed to detectives that Peter Hackett called them regarding Shannan Gilbert being in his home the night that she disappeared," Suffolk police said in a statement."

My guess is that she "told" them about the call just prior to the announcement to the media (i.e., police weren't listening to her, so she used the MSM megaphone).

Now, I know you're going to tell me to take everything I read at LISK with a grain of salt, but the poster Mari Gilbert has repeatedly asked fellow posters to contact her via her FB page, so I'm assuming for the most part that this is actually her.

Here's some posts by Mari that lead me to believe that she communicates with Fluke.

http://longislandserialkiller.com/2011/10/bs-9/
Like I have said in other posts I believe Hackett tried to help Shannan but was either too late or was ‘threatened’.

Fluke:
Now you are one person I would like to read more writings from.

http://longislandserialkiller.com/2011/10/serendipity/
L.A. – Matt G. – Wanna Be PI – Fluke –
Thanks for your good/interesting posts.

Fluke/you -
Please Be Careful!!
Columbo -
I like to read your posts

“The Drifter” is a dead end…right Fluke?!!

http://longislandserialkiller.com/2...cle-about-the-long-island-serial-killer-case/
I am so Happy that FlukeYou has a Good mind, and talks so well because I am so sick of the lies, and two-face people.
Thank you Fluke!

Now, all that said, I'm done debating this call. It wastes my time and has been debunked to the point that any rational person can see what happened. See post#403.

Nothing was debunked as a fact, so you should not post that as a fact. I do not believe she was lying so the above bolding would be another untruth about the very thing you were just questioned on.
The other thing yes she was a victim from the start of things at the party that night. When she called 911 for help stating ppl were going to kill her.

I respectfully refer you to post#403.

We all need to determine for ourselves and in our own way who is lying about reporting/receiving the "rehab" call information in this article (Mari and Sherre or the detectives):
https://webcache.googleusercontent....jsp?regionId=1&articleId=279098&hl=en&strip=1

No one hates to bring up 48 Hours more than me as I have Huge issues with their reporting as it relates to this case but, Erin Moriarty did ask Commissioner Dormer if the doctor phoned Mari Gilbert. This is the exchange:

"Just days after Shannan went missing, her sister, Sherre, says their mother got a strange call from a man they had never heard of - Dr. Hackett - who, she says, claimed he found Shannan roaming around Oak Beach the night she disappeared and brought her into his home.

"So he called my mom and he said that he saw Shannan, he held her at his house and following morning, the driver came back to pick her up and that was it," said Sherre Gilbert.

But when the sisters made their trip to Oak Beach to find out more, Dr. Hackett denied that he ever met Shannan.

"And at that point, we were just really upset," Sherre said. "We didn't know what to believe."

In press reports, Hackett denied making any call.

"Do you believe that he called her mom? Moriarty asked Commissioner Dormer.

"Yeah. Our information is that he did," he replies."

*Quoted from: "Murder or accident: How did Shanna Gilbert die?" 48 Hours Mystery, December 17, 2011

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_1...cident-how-did-shannan-gilbert-die/?pageNum=4

We all need to determine for ourselves and in our own way who is lying about reporting/receiving the "rehab" call information in this article

That one is easy, CPH has a well documented history of lying that goes back to the mid 1990's. The quantity and quality of the lies from him are sufficient to convince the rest of us that his lying is pathological in nature.

I refer you to the Newsday expose from November 24th, 1997, shortly after CPH lost his job for the county.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7468047&postcount=25"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Last Happy Hour[/ame]

"Did you know that the word 'trauma' comes from the Greek for 'wound'? Hm? And what is the German word for 'dream'? Traum. Ein Traum. Wounds can create monsters, and you, you are wounded. And wouldn't you agree, when you see a monster, you... you must stop it? "
-Dr. Jeremiah Naehring

Attachments

• Trauma.jpg
    Trauma.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Suffolks Trauma Care Bruised.jpg
    Suffolks Trauma Care Bruised.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 24
That one is easy, CPH has a well documented history of lying that goes back to the mid 1990's. The quantity and quality of the lies from him are sufficient to convince the rest of us that his lying is pathological in nature.

I refer you to the Newsday expose from November 24th, 1997, shortly after CPH lost his job for the county.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Last Happy Hour

"Did you know that the word 'trauma' comes from the Greek for 'wound'? Hm? And what is the German word for 'dream'? Traum. Ein Traum. Wounds can create monsters, and you, you are wounded. And wouldn't you agree, when you see a monster, you... you must stop it? "
-Dr. Jeremiah Naehring

Wow, where did you find that old newspaper clipping? From the discoloration it looks real?

Wow, where did you find that old newspaper clipping? From the discoloration it looks real?

Yeah man, I take this LISK sleuthing way too seriously. I am building an SK like shrine of media clippings on CPH that rivals Ray Finkle's ode to Dan Marino. I'm just kidding, I got the articles off microfiche at the local library, the discoloration is because I took a picture of the print out with my cellphone. The Long Island Advance article on Jane Doe 9098 is the real deal though, my cousin had the article in a photo album because of something on the other side of the page.

(microfiche article attached)

Attachments

• image.pdf
    728.5 KB · Views: 25
Yes, we do but it still was not proven nor was it debunked and agreed upon by all of us. That was my point.
ITA! just because a couple or a few members feel wholly convinced of an argument, made "unofficially" by another member on this forum, does not mean that it has been proven as a fact to any of us. The police "supposedly" have MG's phone records and if the May 2, 2010 call from CPH to her is there they are not saying anything directly re: that call. If his home or cell number is not there then there may be an unknown number...even a burner number...for all any of us know.

For those members who believe that technology can cover up the origin of any transmission, be it telecom or computer-based, why is it so hard to believe that the phone call did occur and is just not showing up on her statement. For him, it may be that the call isn't showing up on any of his known accounts but that doesn't mean that he didn't call from any other phone or use a "spoofing" service. In 2010, one company offered, IIRC, three free sample spoof calls from any phone number. If a person has two or more phones that means he/she could make spoof calls 6 or more times depending on how many phones he/she had access to.

ITA! just because a couple or a few members feel wholly convinced of something does not mean that it has been proven as a fact to any of us. The police "supposedly" have MG's phone records and if the May 2, 2010 call from CPH to her is there they are not saying anything directly re: that call. If his home or cell number is not there then there may be an unknown number...even a burner number...for all any of us know.

For those members who believe that technology can cover up the origin of any transmission, be it telecom or computer-based, why is it so hard to believe that the phone call did occur and is just not showing up on her statement. For him, it may be that the call isn't showing up on any of his known accounts but that doesn't mean that he didn't call from any other phone or use a "spoofing" service. In 2010, one company offered, IIRC, three free sample spoof calls from any phone number. If a person has two or more phones that means he/she could make spoof calls 6 or more times depending on how many phones he/she had access to.

So if the doc can use a spoofing service, couldn't someone else use the same service to make it appear that a call was originating from the doc?

It's hard for me to believe that the doc would make a phone call, speak with a person, leave a seemingly verifiable trail about said phone call and then deny that the phone call took place to the person he supposedly spoke with previously on the phone. It doesn't make sense to me. IMHO.

ITA! just because a couple or a few members feel wholly convinced of something does not mean that it has been proven as a fact to any of us. The police "supposedly" have MG's phone records and if the May 2, 2010 call from CPH to her is there they are not saying anything directly re: that call. If his home or cell number is not there then there may be an unknown number...even a burner number...for all any of us know.

For what its worth, fluke has been saying since the beginning that the first call was from a burn phone, and the rest were from his home.

For those who dont know, regardless of who fluke is, since june he has been saying that le needs to search the canals behind the docs house. In december we learned that his advice was sound. Those statements of his are online and verifiable.

Just a little update...
MG posted on FB yesterday that she got a call from the ME who informed her (more or less) that she needs more time to examine the remains before she releases her findings. I'm not really going to speculate on what is taking so long since I don't know enough about how those things work, but I hope the family gets some answers soon.

So if the doc can use a spoofing service, couldn't someone else use the same service to make it appear that a call was originating from the doc?

It's hard for me to believe that the doc would make a phone call, speak with a person, leave a seemingly verifiable trail about said phone call and then deny that the phone call took place to the person he supposedly spoke with previously on the phone. It doesn't make sense to me. IMHO.

Really? Its hard for you to believe? Have you read about the man prior to this investigation? It sounds exactly like something he would do. Read the Newsday article from November 24, 1997 that details multiple examples of him exhibiting that exact type of behavior which you describe as unbelievable.

True but wouldn't MG notice that the May 2nd caller's voice was different from the other two or three calls that CPH has admitted to making?

I would totally agree with you, on this issue, if he hadn't admitted to making the other two or three calls to MG. But, dog gone it, he did and probably admitted he made those calls only because they came from a phone that was traceable (his home or personal cell phone.)

True but wouldn't MG notice that the May 2nd caller's voice was different from the other two or three calls that CPH has admitted to making?

I would totally agree with you, on this issue, if he hadn't admitted to making the other two or three calls to MG. But, dog gone it, he did and probably admitted he made those calls only because they came from a phone that was traceable (his home or personal cell phone.)

We may have to agree to disagree on this.

The information that the doc admitted to making the phone calls comes from the letter to 48 Hours. 48 Hours never offered any information as to how the letter was authenticated or that it was authenticated at all. That's a big sticking point for me.

You already know about how I think the phone calls can be faked and reflected on phone bills.

Please understand, I do appreciate where your coming from and your thinking behind it. IMHO, it would be helpful if LE could come forward and concretely verify that the letters and phone calls Did or Didn't come from the doc.

Would it make sense to you if the doc had a history of substance abuse?

Would it make sense to you if the doc had a history of substance abuse?

I completely missed the doc's history of substance abuse. I remember reading about him undergoing rehab but, I assumed the type of rehab referred to was for physical/occupational therapy due to his amputation and/or other injuries related to his accident. I think read this in thread 10?

Do you have any links to get me to what I missed?

We may have to agree to disagree on this.

The information that the doc admitted to making the phone calls comes from the letter to 48 Hours. 48 Hours never offered any information as to how the letter was authenticated or that it was authenticated at all. That's a big sticking point for me.

Slim, you should also know that besides the signature bearing letters, cough cough, Dormer himself confirmed for 48 hrs that CPH did make those calls. If that isn't authenticated then what is?

But wait! How do we know that man on camera really is Dormer????
(queue beethoven's 5th)

I completely missed the doc's history of substance abuse. I remember reading about him undergoing rehab but, I assumed the type of rehab referred to was for physical/occupational therapy due to his amputation and/or other injuries related to his accident. I think read this in thread 10?

Do you have any links to get me to what I missed?

It was "substance abuse". See page 6 of supreme court short order form.

Attachments

• 025904-97a rehab.pdf
    293.2 KB · Views: 18
  • substance abuse.jpg
    substance abuse.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online