GUILTY NY - Maddox Lawrence, 21 mos, Syracuse, 20 February 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:banghead: WTH is wrong with these people??? And what's with second degree murder?? I would think it would be first degree murder. Hopefully he'll get his in prison - prisoners don't think too kindly of child murderers.

:rose: RIP sweet angel :rose:

He was born in 1991.

Okay, so I was off by a year. :) It still stands that essentially his entire childhood included his mom's advocacy for victims following her brother's murder that happened a year before RL was born.

Baby Maddox Lawrence was killed in scenic area south of city, DA says

<snip> The DA revealed that the baby is believed to have been killed in Labrador Hollow, a Department of Environmental Conservation area in Cortland County, just south of the Onondaga County line. His comments came during an interview with Channel 5 (WTVH)

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index..._area_south_of_city.html#incart_story_package

DA says jealousy was possible motive, mother not involved

<snip> DA Fitzpatrick told CBS5's Michael Benny Lawrence alluded to jealousy over the attention his daughter was getting as a possible motive in the murder.

He then addressed accusations Morgan Lawrence played a role in her daughter's death, saying the mother had no knowledge of or involvement in the child's murder...

http://cnycentral.com/news/local/need-to-know-21-month-old-maddox-still-missing-60-hours-later

Okay, so I was off by a year. :) It still stands that essentially his entire childhood included his mom's advocacy for victims following her brother's murder that happened a year before RL was born.

LOL! Just trying to help out!
I know my fellow sleuths are sticklers with details. :blushing:

<snip> The DA revealed that the baby is believed to have been killed in Labrador Hollow, a Department of Environmental Conservation area in Cortland County, just south of the Onondaga County line. His comments came during an interview with Channel 5 (WTVH)

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index..._area_south_of_city.html#incart_story_package

<snip> DA Fitzpatrick told CBS5's Michael Benny Lawrence alluded to jealousy over the attention his daughter was getting as a possible motive in the murder.

He then addressed accusations Morgan Lawrence played a role in her daughter's death, saying the mother had no knowledge of or involvement in the child's murder...

http://cnycentral.com/news/local/need-to-know-21-month-old-maddox-still-missing-60-hours-later

OMG! He was JEALOUS of the attention his 21 month old daughter, who had beat cancer was getting??? Are you effin' kidding me?

I need to breathe.

Given what we now know about his life: his mother lost a brother to murder a year prior to RL's birth and spent her life as a victim advocate, she suffered and died from cancer when RL was a teenager, his own child suffered cancer as a baby (and survived it)...perhaps he broke. Maybe it was just too much for him to keep giving to others. IDK.

This is NOT an excuse, not at all! Just trying to figure out what happened.

Unbelievable! Un-freaking-believable! So you're jealous of your kid, but instead of marriage counseling or getting help for yourself, you kill your baby??

Unbelievable! Un-freaking-believable! So you're jealous of your kid, but instead of marriage counseling or getting help for yourself, you kill your baby??

He obviously had no NATURAL affection for his own child, and saw her as a rival for
attention. :(

Group hug :grouphug:

Signing off now

Thanks. Trying to catch up but it's slow because I can only bear to read a couple of posts at a time. Poor Maddox. Rest in peace, beautiful child.

I am so absolutely angry right now, after getting caught up on this thread!!

R.I.P. Maddox [emoji257]

Sarahbeth Ackerman (@SarahbethCNY) tweeted at 2:58pm - 23 Feb 16:

More balloons and candles were dropped off on Valley Drive for Baby Maddox pic.twitter.com/HOXFYfftm7

4b23f792143487c75c7aa553125f9ef2.jpg

87c0396f615e794b30f2567d3ae19c85.jpg

b039b888410f9cf69ac5df9d21a381e4.jpg

https://twitter.com/SarahbethCNY/status/702266385964134400?s=17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I've joined websleuths (which hasn't been all that long), I don't think I've seen a case that was a premeditated murder of a toddler. I've seen abuse, negligence, accidents. Not a planned murder.

I assume if they find it WAS planned, they will change the charge to 1st degree, right?

Ugh, stick around, you'll definitely see a few more toddler murders. I can think of a few. :( :(

In New York State, first degree murder is usually reserved for people who kill cops. And maybe those who torture as well: "special circumstances." Regular premeditated murder is second degree.

I'm so sorry dear sweet Maddox you deserved to live a beautiful life.

Be with the other Angels now....

:rose:

such a short life
little one, you deserved so much better than this
i am sorry

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

2nd degree murder statute in NY:

Pursuant to the statute, a person commits second-degree murder in one of five ways:

(1) with the intent to cause the death of another person, he or she causes the death of such person or a third person;
(2) under circumstances demonstrating a "depraved indifference to human life," the defendant "recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person, and thereby causes the death of another person";
(3) acting alone or in concert with others, the defendant commits or attempts to commit a specified felony (including robbery, burglary, kidnapping, arson, rape, and sexual abuse) and, in the course of and in furtherance of such crime or of immediate flight therefrom, he or she causes the death of a non-participant;
(4) under circumstances demonstrating a "depraved indifference to human life," a defendant 18 years old or more "recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of serious physical injury or death" to a person less than 11 years old and causes the death of such person; or
(5) while in the course of committing a specified crime such as rape, a criminal sexual act or sexual abuse, a defendant 18 years old or more intentionally causes the death of a person less than 14 years old. - See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/new-yo...-degree-murder-laws.html#sthash.1ErAimRi.dpuf

IMO, Cooper Harris' death was premeditated. His father left him in that hot car and roasted him to death while he sexted underaged girls. Of course this was after lots of interwebz research on "hot car death".

Thanks. Not sure if I'm familiar with that one. I'll have to google.

As far the the jealousy aspect....
Wasn't there a case where a woman killed a few of her babies..all of the boys or all of the girls (can't recall which) because of something to do with jealousy? I don't know why but that seems like something I remember reading.

I will never understand how someone can take the life of their own child :( A beautiful, not even 2-year-old girl who had fought and won her battle with cancer now gone because her "father" was jealous. I've been on websleuths long enough and have read hundreds of cases where a baby has lost their life at the hands of their "parent" yet I still can't understand it. Why not just leave? Why take the baby's life too? I will never, never understand :(

So many lives now destroyed for one stupid, selfish act.

The mum has been copping a lot of hate on social media. I hope she's been avoiding it and hasn't seen any of the things written. She's just lost her baby girl, her husband is going to jail for a very long time, the last thing she needs is to see all these horrible things people are saying about her. Noah Chamberlins family got a lot of the same hate too. Honestly it's disgusting. I'm so glad WebSleuths is victim friendly because once you say those horrible things about someone you can't take them back.

I'm so sorry Maddox. RIP beautiful girl, now an angel &#10084;

uploadfromtaptalk1456276357776.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Those eyes... *shudder* Cold, dead, dark eyes.
uploadfromtaptalk1456276511998.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Not sure if I'm familiar with that one. I'll have to google.

As far the the jealousy aspect....
Wasn't there a case where a woman killed a few of her babies..all of the boys or all of the girls (can't recall which) because of something to do with jealousy? I don't know why but that seems like something I remember reading.
Yes. She said she killed the (3?) boys because as they grew older she didn't want the young daughter to be neglected by dad. Imo, she was jealous of her daughter because dad seemed to give her the attention that mom wanted. If I have the story right, she wanted to punish dad. Can't remember any names or even dates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA
Back