GUILTY NY - Maddox Lawrence, 21 mos, Syracuse, 20 February 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did I understand the article correctly, that RL's mother worked with and had a falling out with the same DA that is now vowing to prosecute this case himself?

ETA: just to clarify what article I was referencing, thanks to @savmom for the link
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....ife_to_helping_victims_of_violent_crimes.html

That is exactly what I read too. The article also states at the bottom that "Mary Lawrence's work with the District Attorney's office ended in 2003 following a falling
out with District Attorney William Fitzpatrick."

So, that raises a BIG question for me! Should he be the attorney for the state being he had a falling out with Ryan's mother and she left her long time position? We don't know the reasons behind it, it just seemed awkward when I read it. It would seem a good reason for an appeal by Ryan that Fitzpatrick had a personal grudge against him.

On the other hand, Fitzpatrick will go onto this case with all guns drawn! Who better to represent Ryan than a person who knew his mother, knew her beliefs and hard work as an advocate for people of violent crimes! Fitzpatrick knows how devastated his Mother would be over her son's actions.

As you can see, it is conflicting to me. Does anyone have any answers?

I will never understand how someone can take the life of their own child :( A beautiful, not even 2-year-old girl who had fought and won her battle with cancer now gone because her "father" was jealous. I've been on websleuths long enough and have read hundreds of cases where a baby has lost their life at the hands of their "parent" yet I still can't understand it. Why not just leave? Why take the baby's life too? I will never, never understand :(

So many lives now destroyed for one stupid, selfish act.

The mum has been copping a lot of hate on social media. I hope she's been avoiding it and hasn't seen any of the things written. She's just lost her baby girl, her husband is going to jail for a very long time, the last thing she needs is to see all these horrible things people are saying about her. Noah Chamberlins family got a lot of the same hate too. Honestly it's disgusting. I'm so glad WebSleuths is victim friendly because once you say those horrible things about someone you can't take them back.

I'm so sorry Maddox. RIP beautiful girl, now an angel ❤

View attachment 89689

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

bbm

Ugh, let me guess. They're saying there's no way she didn't know? That one drives me crazy. It is most definitely possible to live under the same roof with someone like this and not know. Now that he did this, I'm sure the mom in the weeks and months to come will look back at certain behaviors of his and realize they were red flags. However, they were most likely not recognized as such, or if she did feel 'strange' about them, I'm willing to bet she underestimated them - because overall she had no idea he would be capable of something like this.

People need to lay off of her and support her. The police cleared her. End of story.

I will never understand how someone can take the life of their own child :( A beautiful, not even 2-year-old girl who had fought and won her battle with cancer now gone because her "father" was jealous. I've been on websleuths long enough and have read hundreds of cases where a baby has lost their life at the hands of their "parent" yet I still can't understand it. Why not just leave? Why take the baby's life too? I will never, never understand :(

So many lives now destroyed for one stupid, selfish act.

The mum has been copping a lot of hate on social media. I hope she's been avoiding it and hasn't seen any of the things written. She's just lost her baby girl, her husband is going to jail for a very long time, the last thing she needs is to see all these horrible things people are saying about her. Noah Chamberlins family got a lot of the same hate too. Honestly it's disgusting. I'm so glad WebSleuths is victim friendly because once you say those horrible things about someone you can't take them back.

I'm so sorry Maddox. RIP beautiful girl, now an angel ❤

View attachment 89689

Agreed. This poor mother just lost her baby. I can't imagine the heartbreak for her. I can't imagine heaping insults on her. (Kristin Bury/Walsh - that hag I'll dog all day long, and she deserves it.)

Ugh. I thought he may have burned her earlier when they mentioned he smelt like 'firewood'

How could you do that to your own flesh and blood :(

I am sooooo glad the witnesses mentioned what he smelled like. That can be used against him. Of course, LE will probably also note he smelled, but it's good to have those comments made and on record before anyone knew what happened to the baby.

Oh dear Lord.

I would like to give my opinion on Ryan Lawrence, but it's nothing the mods need to be dealing with right now.

:behindbar

I don't mean to speak for the mods, but seeing as how he has not only been named and charged, and has confessed to the unthinkable, I don't think there is much you could post (minus profanity) that would warrant snipping or a time out.

Can't he get the death penalty for especially heinous crime! I sure hope so. Beyound deprived!

bbm

Ugh, let me guess. They're saying there's no way she didn't know? That one drives me crazy. It is most definitely possible to live under the same roof with someone like this and not know. Now that he did this, I'm sure the mom in the weeks and months to come will look back at certain behaviors of his and realize they were red flags. However, they were most likely not recognized as such, or if she did feel 'strange' about them, I'm willing to bet she underestimated them - because overall she had no idea he would be capable of something like this.

People need to lay off of her and support her. The police cleared her. End of story.
Yep. They say she is guilty based on what they saw of her in the press conference. Now I do know you can tell a lot from someone's body language but the things people are/were saying based on seeing her speak for one minute are just ridiculous. He had left her an 8-minute video in which he said he was leaving and taking the baby too, I think she probably knew a lot more than we did at that point, she was also probably told what to say.. Not to mention she's probably never been in front of that many cameras before in her life.. Let alone in that sort of situation. My heart goes out to her. I remember a lot of people were suss in the beginning of the Becky Watts case of her dad because he seemed to be "overreacting" and crying too much, now they're saying ML didn't cry enough. You just can't win! I hope I never have to be in the situation where I've lost my child at the hands of another and have to deal with the mean comments from the public too. I'm sending lots of love and healing to her.

bbm

Police cleared her? I missed that, but am relieved. I did not think she knew of or was a party to Maddox's murder, but was kind of waiting to see her cleared in MSM.

I can only imagine her grief and it is horrific.

I am sooooo glad the witnesses mentioned what he smelled like. That can be used against him. Of course, LE will probably also note he smelled, but it's good to have those comments made and on record before anyone knew what happened to the baby.

Quoting myself.....

Though they have the video and note as well, not to mention his confession. The witnesses were essential in catching him, but he did himself in. He won't walk.

Yeah, but the profanity. Oh God, there's nothing bad enough to say about him.

Reading about how RL had camping gear and was taking steps to not get caught disgusts me. After what he did? That he thought he had any right to a free life? Sick.

Agreed. This poor mother just lost her baby. I can't imagine the heartbreak for her. I can't imagine heaping insults on her. (Kristin Bury/Walsh - that hag I'll dog all day long, and she deserves it.)
I have not one iota of sympathy for Kristin Bury. She never stood up for baby Chance and even after he was gone she still protected her babies killer and continued to put him on a pedestal. Nope, she can rot.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx