GUILTY NY - Maddox Lawrence, 21 mos, Syracuse, 20 February 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am reading backwards, so just learning the manner Maddox was killed! It seems these child killers are not just murderers lately, but monsters!

Did I miss it on how he killed her before he burned her and put her in the creek? Each thing is horrendous, but combined they are ... No words.

This monster does not deserve a plea deal. He has admitted he did it, so a trial is costly and dragging the poor mother thru he77! The judge will have the final word on how much time he spends in prison, Right?

If he lets it go to trial, he is the fool. There isn't a jury that can find one thing about
Maddox's death that points to anyone else but her father.

I don't think we've heard how she died. Just that he partially burned her body (likely after death, I would think.)

I think you're right and this is getting closer to whatever made him do this. I think he couldn't handle the load. This does NOT mean that he had any heavier load than many others (including WSers) handle, but instead of reacting to difficulties in life by becoming stronger, he became weaker and preyed on a child. I think whatever broke him was a long-standing problem, not sudden.

There are missing pieces that we don't know, imo.

I blame him 100% for his actions, but I would like to know what lead to them.

JMOpinion at the moment.

I would too. People are very quick to wish the villain of a crime dead/injured/eternal hell.. but that doesn't bring us any closer to stopping it happening in the future. Sometimes you have to swallow down the rising vomit in your throat and talk to the scum, for the greater good.

For what it's worth, my guess based on what I've picked up reading this thread would be he felt his mother cared more about strangers (whether it was a murdered brother he never met, or as a victim's advocate) than him, and Maddox' health triggered that childhood feeling of abandonment again. Wouldn't justify anything he's done, but it would provide a framework.

Let's get real here....whether he was a working parent or a stay-at-home parent...his 'job' did not make him a murderer.

There are plenty of great stay at home parents and plenty of great working parents in the world. This guy was neither.

Did someone imply staying at home made him a murderer? I missed some posts. There is a big difference in a family who makes the decision of who is best suited to work and who best to watch the kids and the many cases on WS with dead beat men who will not work and are home selling drugs while their gf or wife is working and are not actually ' caregivers' to the children but seem more burdened with the children and the kids end up abused and / or killed. Huge distinction. I wonder very much what Maddox's ' father's career was .

ETA The fact that THIS man is jealous of a baby gives me the impression that he gets whatever he wants including' You go to work, I'm not going to'. I am speculating but I feel that's the case. He bossed the mom around and did nothing except stomp his feet when things did not go away.

Did someone imply staying at home made him a murderer? I missed some posts. There is a big difference in a family who makes the decision of who is best suited to work and who best to watch the kids and the many cases on WS with dead beat men who will not work and are home selling drugs while their gf or wife is working and are not actually ' caregivers' to the children but seem more burdened with the children and the kids end up abused and / or killed. Huge distinction. I wonder very much what Maddox's ' father's career was .

ETA The fact that THIS man is jealous of a baby gives me the impression that he gets whatever he wants including' You go to work, I'm not going to'. I am speculating but I feel that's the case. He bossed the mom around and did nothing except stomp his feet when things did not go away.

You're correct, no one implied that. But your previous post seemed to make it sound like there was some correlation to what a parent does for a living and whether or not they are a "real man." And since this is a thread about a murderer, it seemed like you were making some connection between all of those things. Not working - not a "real" man - murderer. Could there be a connection in this case? Sure. But we don't know yet.

I think it's way too early to be making all kinds of assumptions on his motive based on a career or lack-thereof. We haven't heard any info on this aspect of his life at all. I would say we know pretty much nothing about his personality or anything. Except that he's a murderer.

Obviously we are all looking at this through different eyes and with different backgrounds so we aren't all going to see the same things.

Maddox's father, Ryan Lawrence, told police he'd killed the girl in Labrador Hollow, a remote area of Cortland County, on Saturday, the source said. Lawrence admitted he then partially burned her body, drove it to Syracuse and hid her remains in the creek, the source said.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...idden_before_father_went_into_hiding_sou.html

After the arraignment, Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick answered a lingering question: if Lawrence dumped his daughter's body in Onondaga Creek Saturday, how were her remains still there during the search Tuesday?

Lawrence weighed her body down with a cinder block, the DA said this morning.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...igned_for_murder_of_baby_maddox_lawrence.html

Thankfully, if he can be believed in his statements to LE, she was not alive when he partially burned her remains.

Oh FFS!!!
So he murdered her, burned her, weighed her down with block, threw her in water....is there anything he DIDN'T do to this baby? I can't stand it. I can't imagine the pain and suffering this beautiful girl endured while battling cancer, ONLY, to face her greatest threat, her "father".

Take away that title. A father is someone who loves, protects and nurtures. He's just a .

Why not just run away and start a new life somewhere, if he was sick of being a father? Why kill Maddox? It sounds like he wanted to punish the mother, for some reason.

Or I still think he may have had a mental breakdown... Either that or there was some infidelity or something going on behind the scenes. The reported motive doesn't make sense, imo.

I agree to punish the Mother he used the child!
Maybe SHE was leaving him?

It's possible that Maddox Mary Lawrence died on what would have been her grandmother's 59th*birthday.*

Good grief [emoji35]
If this is true, it sounds more like he killed Maddox to get back at the ghost of his mother, and any resentment he had for his wife was just a projection of that IMO

I agree to punish the Mother he used the child!
Maybe SHE was leaving him?

If he just wanted to be "childfree" again he could have faked an abduction or something... But he left a video for the mother, apparently threatening to hurt the baby. He wanted to hurt the mother. Jmo.

Sick, cold piece of work

Maddox's father, Ryan Lawrence, told police he'd killed the girl in Labrador Hollow, a remote area of Cortland County, on Saturday, the source said. Lawrence admitted he then partially burned her body, drove it to Syracuse and hid her remains in the creek, the source said.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...idden_before_father_went_into_hiding_sou.html

After the arraignment, Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick answered a lingering question: if Lawrence dumped his daughter's body in Onondaga Creek Saturday, how were her remains still there during the search Tuesday?

Lawrence weighed her body down with a cinder block, the DA said this morning.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...igned_for_murder_of_baby_maddox_lawrence.html

Thankfully, if he can be believed in his statements to LE, she was not alive when he partially burned her remains.

If he was jealous and wanted more attention from mom, then what good is running away after the fact doing him? He's essentially going to have no attention from mom ever again. There is a missing link here.
ETA Unless he killed the baby , thinking he could cover it up better than he did and did not realize until after the fact that there is no going back home now.

If this is true, it sounds more like he killed Maddox to get back at the ghost of his mother, and any resentment he had for his wife was just a projection of that IMO

I think we're getting closer to the truth. Still not there, but closer. I'm guessing the anniversary of his mom's death wasn't a coincidence to this event. Just a guess.

JMOpinion at the moment.

I think we're getting closer to the truth. Still not there, but closer. I'm guessing the anniversary of his mom's death wasn't a coincidence to this event. Just a guess.

JMOpinion at the moment.

His mother died in July 2008.

If he just wanted to be "childfree" again he could have faked an abduction or something... But he left a video for the mother, apparently threatening to hurt the baby. He wanted to hurt the mother. Jmo.

He left a video? I must have missed that.

He left a video? I must have missed that.

I thought I read that he left a video message, but I've just looked and I can't find a link to back that up so maybe I imagined it! Anybody else remember reading there was a video?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back