Deceased/Not Found NY - Mahfuza Rahman, 30, Manhattan, NYC, 9 Dec 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snip

Investigators have talked to the Rahman's parents in Bangladesh; her family's last contact with her was Dec. 8.

A neighbor told Eyewitness News that no one has been living there since December. "The lady disappear three months ago," neighbor Jose Garcia said. "And he told me, watch my house because I have to go to my country, Bangladesh. But I never see him after this."

Police have been in and out of the house over the past several days, with detectives carrying what appeared to be a bag filled with mail as they continue to sift for clues in Rahman's disappearnce.

Neighbors who didn't know Rahman and her husband well did say they had not seen them since December. "They've been out since December from what I know," neighbor Pedro Guzman said. "It's been closed for two or three months."

Others are hoping Rahman will be found safe.

"He seems to be a good guy, like a quiet person," neighbor Edwin Lugo said. "And her too."

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 718-378-8083.

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-searc...n-leaving-bellevue-hospital-on-dec-8/1234485/

Wanted-Poster.jpg

http://www.norwoodnews.org/id=20434...-missing-since-december-police-focus-on-home/

These countries currently have no extradition treaty with the United States:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and

Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central

African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial

Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan,

Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands,

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal,

Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,

Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu,

Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

http://www.wsfa.com/story/22665099/countries-with-no-extradition-treaty-with-us

So, either way (Dubai or Bangladesh)...he's not coming back.

I would think he is in Dubai. I would hope her parents in Bangladesh are helping NYC police.

So, either way (Dubai or Bangladesh)...he's not coming back.

Yep, he's gone. The NYPD are going to have to find her without being able to interview him and the daughter. I hope they can piece it together and find her.

Snip

But a NYPD detective spoke to the parents, who said they were not in an accident.

"His story to them was that he went to look for her [BECAUSE] she had gone missing," said Deputy Chief Jason Wilcox, head of Bronx detectives. "So that story runs counter to what he told the hospital police."

The husband, meanwhile, still hasn't spoken to police since arriving in Bangladesh after he and the couple's 9-year-old daughter left New York on Dec. 14 aboard an Arab Emirates flight and grabbed a connecting flight in Dubai.

"We haven't contacted him yet," Boyce said. "He's not picked up his phone."

Boyce also said Rahman gave her travel agent a return date of Feb. 2, then later changed that to May 2. The same agent, and immigration authorities, Boyce said, have no record of Rahman leaving the United States.

Snip

They found that a front patio had a fresh layer of concrete, upstairs bedrooms with a seemingly recent paint job and a basement flooded by a busted kitchen pipe, though it's not clear if that was done intentionally.

The patio was dug up Sunday, but a cadaver dog did not pick up any scent. Police are now working to obtain warrants and subpoenas to study the couple's phone, financial and computer records.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/missing-bronx-nurse-husband-ignores-nypd-calls-article-1.2557826

Snip

But a NYPD detective spoke to the parents, who said they were not in an accident.

"His story to them was that he went to look for her [BECAUSE] she had gone missing," said Deputy Chief Jason Wilcox, head of Bronx detectives. "So that story runs counter to what he told the hospital police."

The husband, meanwhile, still hasn't spoken to police since arriving in Bangladesh after he and the couple's 9-year-old daughter left New York on Dec. 14 aboard an Arab Emirates flight and grabbed a connecting flight in Dubai.

"We haven't contacted him yet," Boyce said. "He's not picked up his phone."

Boyce also said Rahman gave her travel agent a return date of Feb. 2, then later changed that to May 2. The same agent, and immigration authorities, Boyce said, have no record of Rahman leaving the United States.

Snip

They found that a front patio had a fresh layer of concrete, upstairs bedrooms with a seemingly recent paint job and a basement flooded by a busted kitchen pipe, though it's not clear if that was done intentionally.

The patio was dug up Sunday, but a cadaver dog did not pick up any scent. Police are now working to obtain warrants and subpoenas to study the couple's phone, financial and computer records.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/missing-bronx-nurse-husband-ignores-nypd-calls-article-1.2557826

And have they located the 9-year-old :(??

So he just left with his daughter and the clothes on his back? Did he own the home? Rent? I wonder if he is still making the payments on the residence. If not, then what?

So he just left with his daughter and the clothes on his back? Did he own the home? Rent? I wonder if he is still making the payments on the residence. If not, then what?

I doubt he's making any payments. I read in an earlier report that police where searching the house with flashlights because the power was shut off (assuming because of non-payment).

I doubt he's making any payments. I read in an earlier report that police where searching the house with flashlights because the power was shut off (assuming because of non-payment).

Hmm... that's interesting if the power was cut off. If he left in December, it's only been two billing cycles that he would've missed (January and February). I don't think power would be cut off that quickly for non-payment, would it? I think you have to miss several months of payments and ignore special notices and phone calls before the power is cut.

This leads me to wonder if they were having financial problems and weren't paying their bills before her December disappearance???

JMO, speculation.

Hmm... that's interesting if the power was cut off. If he left in December, it's only been two billing cycles that he would've missed (January and February). I don't think power would be cut off that quickly for non-payment, would it? I think you have to miss several months of payments and ignore special notices and phone calls before the power is cut.

This leads me to wonder if they were having financial problems and weren't paying their bills before her December disappearance???

JMO, speculation.

Could be, also, the officers did say they found stacks of mail left unattended for months.

Snip

The couple’s friend Mohammad N Majumder, a Bangladeshi lawyer living in Bronx, said they too were trying to track the couple.

“We are trying to establish contact with their relatives in Bangladesh as well,” he told the news agency, according to bdnews24.com./Jannatul

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2016/03/10/20490

Has anyone found any more updates on this missing mother? I personally use to work with her and she is a very sweet woman. I can't see why she would go missing and be without her daughter of whom she adored so much

I just find this to be so scary. I know her personally and it worries me to death! She just got hired to become a nurse at Bellevue in the child psych unit not even a year. This was and is her dream job. It pains me so much to know that she is missing. Any other updates?! I have been looking through platforms to see if any but none. I have also been in contact with our collegues at Bellevue and they are questioning everyone. Ugh!

I just find this to be so scary. I know her personally and it worries me to death! She just got hired to become a nurse at Bellevue in the child psych unit not even a year. This was and is her dream job. It pains me so much to know that she is missing. Any other updates?! I have been looking through platforms to see if any but none. I have also been in contact with our collegues at Bellevue and they are questioning everyone. Ugh!

Welcome to WS. We don't know where she is but we certainly share your concerns about her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back