GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They took the boyfriend/step-dad into custody real quick. I've never seen that in other cases where a child potentially just walked out of the house (remember the beginning of Shaniya Davis's case?). I'd say that is very telling. Seems like the are suspecting him -- just like the rest of us -- and wanted to scoop him up before he could run anywhere.
He was taken in for violation of parole. I believe the violation would be that he is not supposed to be living in a house with children - his crime was child abuse.

He was taken in for violation of parole. I believe the violation would be that he is not supposed to be living in a house with children - his crime was child abuse.

I saw he was taken in for that as well as the fact that he wasn't supervising the child well.

does anyone know what is going on in regard to searching for this child? i read that police are searching block by block house by house but i live two blocks from there and i have not even seen an officer walk up my street. i think they are truly feeling the mothers bf did something to him, i agree he was taken into custody awful quick. there is no way someone would not notice a child walking on the street there is always someone outside. we live so close to the hudson i am so afraid this man disposed of this child there. poor poor baby. i also agree that the mother seems to know that he did something. i also read that when marc was burned he was also in the care of the mothers boyfriend? did anyone else hear this? its amazing how truly naive women can be when it comes to a man, why would she ever let him back in and why would the father not fight to get him back? im sorry im rambling but it just amazed me.

How does a child get a fractured skull from choking on a Jolly Rancher?
Right

thank-you, thats what i was thinking when she got snippy with nancy about the reckless endangerment charge. how stupid does she think people are? so, the skull fracture and perforated liver were from the bf trying to do him a favor and save his life -- PUHLEEEEZE! these mothers need to be charged right along with these sperm donors. i really want to know the cause of the burns on this boys hands. how could he have been paroled out to this address where his kids live? that seems to be a logical place for him to try and go when he was released....wouldnt the parole officer have to make sure that he didnt move back in with them??? i thought that i read that the first kid has brain damage and is the older brother of this baby??? i dont have a link handy - i will look when i get a minute....

thank-you, thats what i was thinking when she got snippy with nancy about the reckless endangerment charge. how stupid does she think people are? so, the skull fracture and perforated liver were from the bf trying to do him a favor and save his life -- PUHLEEEEZE! these mothers need to be charged right along with these sperm donors. i really want to know the cause of the burns on this boys hands. how could he have been paroled out to this address where his kids live? that seems to be a logical place for him to try and go when he was released....wouldnt the parole officer have to make sure that he didnt move back in with them??? i thought that i read that the first kid has brain damage and is the older brother of this baby??? i dont have a link handy - i will look when i get a minute....

forgive me if i am replying incorrectly but from what i have read all they said about the burns were that they are 2-3 months old and were second degree. as to whether or not the older child was this boys brother-"the mothers older child" i did hear them report that in the begining (i thought it was the missing childs father i heard say that on nancy grace-he may have misspoke?) and then i heard it reported that this was the boyfriends child-this would lead me to believe that he was not his brother only the the boyfriends son. its very confusing.

Newburgh boy’s shoes found
NEWBURGH – Shoes said to belong to Marc Bookal, the missing 4-year-old Newburgh boy, have been found, sources told MidHudsonNews.com Wednesday morning.

The footwear was found near railroad tracks and police have intensified their search of the area, looking for the boy reported missing from his home on Monday afternoon.
http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2009/December09/16/Bookal_update1-16Dec09.htm

NEWBURGH – Shoes said to belong to Marc Bookal, the missing 4-year-old Newburgh boy, have been found, sources told MidHudsonNews.com Wednesday morning.

The footwear was found near railroad tracks and police have intensified their search of the area, looking for the boy reported missing from his home on Monday afternoon.

unfortunetly the only railroad tracks i can think of are down by the hudson river

This is so sad. They have the dogs out on the tracks and river bank today. I spoke to an officer briefly this morning over that way and they have a lot of people searching. They must be getting closer. Sadly I hope he's near the tracks and they can find him soon. The thought of him being in the Hudson makes me want to cry.

It just makes me sick to see how many kids are disposed of while others like me would do anything to have a child to love. He should be at school right now playing with other children and not out in this freezing cold. I hope CPS is is looking into this home and ensuring the other children are going to be safe.

I know we didn't really expect to have him safely found, but this is just too much. I have to go.

If he is in the Hudson, he may never be found.

i have to agree with you but its funny tho just yesterday i was watching something and they were saying how when a small child drowns they tend to float. i just cant see this child making it all the way to those tracks by himself, granted its only a few blocks (he would have had to cross a main road thats always busy) but someone would have had to see him if he went all that way also the river in that area is mostly surrounded by restaurants and businesses-most of which have glass windows onto the river (tho there are a few docks and places just open between them) i still feel if he walked there himself its impossible that no one saw him. somethings just not right.

im not positive but i am pretty sure that the trains that go thru there are only cargo trains and dont stop.

We used to live close to a track and it was mainly cargo....but they were always having to stop for one reason or another, ie. traffic up ahead etc....it was so frusterating because the crossing seemed to always be blocked by a sitting train. Thank You for letting me know that's not the case there.

I'm sorry to say but I believe this baby is in the Hudson.
Benkard.jpg

Someone asked why child abusers are allowed around children,it's because mothers want to have a relationship,(putting it nicely as in not sleeping alone),with a man.And time and again these children are abused or killed and the mothers overlooked things and believed everything the man says,because they want to believe them.They put themselves above thier children.A child's constant stomachaches are signs of fear and stress.

this article appears to have been updated and it now says the shoes have NOT been found :waitasec: I'm confused.

Salem

~snip ~ Police said the boy’s shoes have not been found. ~end snip~

this article appears to have been updated and it now says the shoes have NOT been found :waitasec: I'm confused.

Salem

I was just posting to say that. Sources must have been wrong or police are lying.

this is so sad. i am just glad this man is locked up now-tho i am still extremely nervous that i live so close. what if by chance this mans only crime was not watching the child close enough-which is bad enuff-but if someone else took him? i dont even let my 9yo out the door ahead of me to go the bus stop and its only a house away! he let a 4yo go outside ahead of him to go next door in an area known for drug and gang activity? my son was once let out on that block from the bus by mistake and tho i am only blocks away my block is quiet that one is like another world-let me tell you the bus driver will never make that mistake again! and i understand the entire not wanting to be alone thing for mothers, i was a single mom for the better part of nine years but i will never understand putting yourself ahead of your child, i watched my mother do that and was personally a sufferer of those terrible stomachaches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back