GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe the mother should also be arrested for endangering the welfare of a child because she let this SOB back in the house! How desperate can a woman be for a warm body to sleep next to? I mean honestly.. COME ON! ::banghead::

When I was 3, I fell against a wood burning stove while I was running around and playing. I had 2nd and 3rd degree burns to my palms and my parents were investigated by CPS for 6 months! WTF is wrong with CPS now-a-days?!? (And lack of funding is NOT an excuse!! When it comes to a child's well being, and you are a government agency that is solely responsible for looking into it.. then no matter what the amount of funding they get.. that should be enough! Case workers charge the agency for gas, meals, cell phone calls.. IMO.. You don't work for CPS if you want to be rich!!! A certain amount of your time and money should be expected to be invested.. at least.. if you really care about the children it should be..)

IMO.. JMO.. MOO

::banghead::

I'm sorry to say but I believe this baby is in the Hudson.
Benkard.jpg

Thanks for the map Momtective. I have to agree he is most likely in that river. That is a very short walk.

I bet they found the shoes and LE didn't want that info out. Now it's CYA!

I found this article from 2am not sure if y'all have read it yet.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091216/NEWS/912160344

Marc's mom, Christina Bookal, said cops repeatedly questioned her about Byrd on Tuesday. Police have not called Byrd a suspect in the boy's disappearance, but Bookal said they're thinking that way.

"They say, 'Could Cory have done this? Where would he put (Marc)?'" Christina Bookal said. But she said cops should "worry about where (Marc) is at. Don't worry about who did what at this time."

Bookal dismissed the idea Byrd had anything to do with her son's disappearance.

so basically per these articles this woman had a child the boyfriend abused ten years ago and while he was in jail she married and had another child-when he got out she went back to him and this happens? wow...

I found this article from 2am not sure if y'all have read it yet.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091216/NEWS/912160344

Seems that big river in Egypt has made its way to Newburgh--she is in total DENIAL and/or is trying to cover her OWN behind, as well.

I pray they find little Marc soon, and if he has passed, that there is sufficient evidence available to put this/these perps behind bars for the rest of their lives.

If they didn't want this little baby, I would have gladly given him a loving home--as I am sure many others here would have done.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091216/NEWS/912169971/-1/SITEMAP
Missing boy's grandparents pray he is found soon We’re just waiting and seeing, and hoping and praying that there has been no harm done to our grandchild," said the Rev. Grace Coston of Kingston, Bookal’s mother.
She wasn’t sure how long Bookal and Byrd, who have a son and daughter together, have been back together.

"As a family, we didn’t know Cory or the element that they lived in. We didn’t approve of the element," Coston said. "She seemed to be very much in love with Cory, so we didn’t argue with her."

Aside from the reckless endangerment charge he ultimately pleaded to, Coston said, she didn’t know details of the 1998 case where Byrd was initially charged with causing serious injuries to her daughter’s oldest child, Christian, who was then 14 months old.

Sounds like grandma had no clue what was going on in the children's lives.

As soon as I got home, wanted to see if there were any more clues about little Marc. From looking at the maps that were posted, I can see it is a very short distance to the Hudson, so sad if the poor child was thrown into the water. all I can say is, mothers out there! You and your children are precious! You don't NEED a man, be empowered that it is not necessary to be so desperate as to have to have a man in your bed, that ANY man will do - even if they are convicted child abusers or criminals. Please, women, were are stronger than that! This mother should be prosecuted fully if something has happened to this child, she knowingly left him in this unsafe environment. Sorry everyone, I'm just so upset, but still praying that Marc is still alive. So very sad.:(

Long before Cory Byrd was charged with endangering the welfare of 4-year-old Marc Bookal, he proved capable of frightening violence.

Byrd served five years and five months in state prison for the 2002 attack of an 18-year-old. Now 25 years old, the victim in that attack remembers Byrd as a “vicious animal” who brutally beat him and slashed his face even though he did everything Byrd asked.
The young man, who asked that his name be withheld, had come from out of town and stopped on Benkard Avenue to buy $10 worth of marijuana. Byrd and another man got in his car and stuck a gun against his ribs. They told him to drive.
Byrd directed them to Edward Street, a deserted two-block strip of asphalt near Byrd's Benkard home. The young man said he didn't have any money, but he gave them the drugs along with his wallet, necklace and keys. He hoped they would let him go if he did as they told him.
Instead, they beat him nearly unconscious before Byrd delivered a final blow. It looked like a punch, but Byrd had a knife in his fist and opened a gash that split the young man's face from his right eye to his left ear.
“After I got cut, they left me there to die,” the young man said.
Doctors at Westchester Medical Center needed about 250 stitches to close the 7-inch gash.

more at link

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091216/NEWS/912169965/-1/SITEMAP

Long before Cory Byrd was charged with endangering the welfare of 4-year-old Marc Bookal, he proved capable of frightening violence.

Byrd served five years and five months in state prison for the 2002 attack of an 18-year-old. Now 25 years old, the victim in that attack remembers Byrd as a “vicious animal” who brutally beat him and slashed his face even though he did everything Byrd asked.
The young man, who asked that his name be withheld, had come from out of town and stopped on Benkard Avenue to buy $10 worth of marijuana. Byrd and another man got in his car and stuck a gun against his ribs. They told him to drive.
Byrd directed them to Edward Street, a deserted two-block strip of asphalt near Byrd's Benkard home. The young man said he didn't have any money, but he gave them the drugs along with his wallet, necklace and keys. He hoped they would let him go if he did as they told him.
Instead, they beat him nearly unconscious before Byrd delivered a final blow. It looked like a punch, but Byrd had a knife in his fist and opened a gash that split the young man's face from his right eye to his left ear.
Doctors at Westchester Medical Center needed about 250 stitches to close the 7-inch gash.

more at link

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091216/NEWS/912169965/-1/SITEMAP

my jaw hit the floor when I read this article. The mom needs to be in jail NOW!! She knowingly put her children in danger. She has two children by this monster, and Marc is not his. I wonder if he singled this child out after getting out of jail. I'm so sad, mad, and sick over this one. Mom should've protected her kids and she didn't. She should get faciliation of whatever this SOB gets charged with. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!:furious::banghead::furious::banghead:

ITA jntexas
She knew what kinda person she was exposing her children to. Not only exposing them to but leaving Marc with him alone!!!!! What is wrong with her? Why would she think he wouldn't hurt Marc? Or better question, did she evencare?

This is sick!

more at link

OMG!!!!!! WTH???? That mother not only out HERSELF in danger, she WILLINGLY put those innocent children in dire danger for their very lives! She needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! Poor, poor little Marc, he did not have a chance in that household. WHAT THE HECK WAS SHE THINKING???????:furious::furious::banghead:

I saw the Mom on Nancy Grace. Her lack of concern was shocking. If that were my child I would be in hysterics, someone would have to sedate me.

I hate to say this but here goes.....he was out sick the day before and sick again the day he went missing...I just get this sinking feeling that this was all staged to dispose of his body that maybe he was killed a couple of days ago

Just thinking out loud

I have to tell you I watched the mother of this little boy on NG last night, and I was taken back by her lack of any emotion. It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that the mother had a hand this!

I saw the Mom on Nancy Grace. Her lack of concern was shocking. If that were my child I would be in hysterics, someone would have to sedate me.

I hate to say this but here goes.....he was out sick the day before and sick again the day he went missing...I just get this sinking feeling that this was all staged to dispose of his body that maybe he was killed a couple of days ago

Just thinking out loud

How funny I felt the same way! I must have been typing while you posted this.

I just saw the "mother" on HLN news. She is a moron. Flat affect, telling the reporter she "just wants her baby back". BooHoo, shoulda thought about that before you let Mr. Violent child abuser in your home to live and care for the poor little boy! I cannot tell if it seems she knows anything about the disappearance. She looks like a drug addict IMO. The grandparents from the post above apparently had no clue about what danger the children were in.
I have a couple of questions if anyone knows the answers: Is there a history of drug use with either "mother" or loser BF?
Did either of them work?
Did Social Services have that family on their books?
Did BF's parole officer ever visit and know he was living in a home with children, as that would be a violation of his parole?
I think LE already knows what happened, and they are talking plea deal w/ BF.:waitasec:

Just thinking out loud
I agree

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire