NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect is arrested for the murder of Queens mom Orsolya Gaal | Daily Mail Online

Experienced sleuthers, what is "criminal possession of a weapon"? Are we to assume he had some sort of illegal (blade length) weapon upon arrest? Potentially the murder weapon?

Got to be some cognitive processing issues here...or a real misunderstanding of modern investigate techniques?
Criminal possession of a weapon is the unlawful possession of a weapon by an individual. Many societies both past and present have placed restrictions on what forms of weaponry private citizens are allowed to purchase, own, and carry in public.

Wikipedia

So so glad they caught this beast, omg. Crazed lunatic brought to heel.

Also fwiw good that the leaked stories of affairs / “lovers” are apparently true. At first I assumed those leaks were a misdirection…. but as they carried on smearing OG with stuff about cheating on husband, it started to seem either true or else a total outrage…

Multiple sources told The Post that Bonola was the handyman thought to have also been Gaal’s lover — and that he gave a full confession after his arrest.

He was picked up thanks to a pair of blood-soaked boots left at Gaal’s stately Forest Hills home after she was stabbed nearly 60 times in the early hours Saturday, sources said.

Bonola, from Richmond Hill, has no prior arrests, according to cops.

Bonola confessed that he struck after an argument, police sources said.
Person in custody in NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's horrific murder

Richmond hill is on his way home from where he left her.

Jmo

Glad to see there's been an arrest, a confession, and that it had nothing whatsoever to do with any family member.
My heart does ache for this family though. Especially the youngest son that was home when it happened. :(

I agree.

Also the text was, is, odd.

1. Your wife sent me to jail
2. some years ago
3. when you were living near Austin Street in Forest Hills.
4. I’m back,
5. don’t call the police
6. or I will kill your family.

Too much information.
Address wasn't needed. "Some years ago" wasn't needed. The same "intent" could have been said with much fewer words.

If he didn't want police called, why drag the body and then leave it in a public walking area?

And then duh he's the one that leaves a blood trail.....

Don't call the police???
What...are they just to live with a bloody mess in the basement and a missing family member?

I agree about the Agatha Christie back drop.

Yet.....there is a air of story telling...
Sounds like text was a red hearing...

Wow. I noticed that someone who shares that handyman’s name on Facebook left a few flirtatious comments on her photos (usually in Spanish) throughout 2019-2021. She would like or heart his comments. But his profile showed only five friends, not including her (like maybe she had unfriended him or the other way around?) plus a bunch of Slavic-sounding interests. Profile photo is a still from “November Rain” and caption mentions something about a Feb 2000 script and Monaco.

He has two facebook accounts, one has pics of a Guns n’ Roses band member, they have a similar hairstyle.
This guy wasn’t the brightest bulb. He even liked his own comments on her Facebook posts. Poor Orsolya, may justice be swift.
Her poor family.

My guess: tired, exhausted... wanted to dump and run.

I'm just baffled on why he took her out in the first place. I mean you leave your boots behind but remove her body from the house.

Based on his delusional comments on her FB, I'm wondering if this creep is also developmentally challenged in some way. If so, it may explain the irrational choices after the fact.

jmo

Suspect is arrested for the murder of Queens mom Orsolya Gaal | Daily Mail Online

Experienced sleuthers, what is "criminal possession of a weapon"? Are we to assume he had some sort of illegal (blade length) weapon upon arrest? Potentially the murder weapon?

Got to be some cognitive processing issues here...or a real misunderstanding of modern investigate techniques?

It only applies to firearms in NY State. (bolding & underlining added by me)

S 265.02 Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when:
(1) Such person commits the crime of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree as defined in subdivision one, two, three or five of section 265.01, and has been previously convicted of any crime; or
(2) Such person possesses any explosive or incendiary bomb, bombshell, firearm silencer, machine-gun or any other firearm or weapon simulating a machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use; or
(3) Such person knowingly possesses a machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun which has been defaced for the purpose of concealment or prevention of the detection of a crime or misrepresenting the identity
of such machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun; or
(5) (i) Such person possesses three or more firearms; or (ii) such person possesses a firearm and has been previously convicted of a felony or a class A misdemeanor defined in this chapter within the five years immediately preceding the commission of the offense and such possession did not take place in the person's home or place of business; or
(6) Such person knowingly possesses any disguised gun; or
(7) Such person possesses an assault weapon; or
(8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
For purposes of this subdivision, a large capacity ammunition feeding device shall not include an ammunition feeding device lawfully possessed by such person before the effective date of the chapter of the laws of two thousand thirteen which amended this subdivision, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept more than seven but less than eleven rounds of ammunition, or that was manufactured before September thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; or
(9) Such person possesses an unloaded firearm and also commits a drug trafficking felony as defined in subdivision twenty-one of section 10.00 of this chapter as part of the same criminal transaction; or
(10) Such person possesses an unloaded firearm and also commits any violent felony offense as defined in subdivision one of section 70.02 of this chapter as part of the same criminal transaction.
Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree is a class D felony.

S 265.03 Criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree when:
(1) with intent to use the same unlawfully against another, such person:
(a) possesses a machine-gun; or
(b) possesses a loaded firearm; or
(c) possesses a disguised gun; or
(2) such person possesses five or more firearms; or
(3) such person possesses any loaded firearm. Such possession shall not, except as provided in subdivision one or seven of section 265.02 of this article, constitute a violation of this subdivision if such possession takes place in such person's home or place of business.
Criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree is a class C felony.

S 265.04 Criminal possession of a dangerous weapon in the first degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the first degree when such person:
(1) possesses any explosive substance with intent to use the same unlawfully against the person or property of another; or
(2) possesses ten or more firearms.
Criminal possession of a weapon in the first degree is a class B felony.

If I am understanding the geography, his house was not terribly far from the victim's and her body was found between the two. Was his thought that he would remove her body and dispose of it somewhere on the way home or get her body to his home? Perhaps he got frightened by a passing bus or early jogger and bailed, leaving the bag behind?

Glad to see someone in custody. May her children recover from this loss.

So so glad they caught this beast, omg. Crazed lunatic brought to heel.

Also fwiw good that the leaked stories of affairs / “lovers” are apparently true. At first I assumed those leaks were a misdirection…. but as they carried on smearing OG with stuff about cheating on husband, it started to seem either true or else a total outrage…

I have always felt that "leaks from unnamed sources" are often intentionally released by LE, to steer an investigation or get it moving, to either smoke a suspect out, see how he may react to particular news, or even to completely misdirect. Someone upthread commented that if sources of leaks were known, heads would roll in NYPD. I disagree. I think they are often told to "leak" specific info, whether actually true, suspicion, or neither. JMO

Last edited:
But don’t you think that other FB profile for the individual that studied at the interior design school seems like the same person? So multiple profiles?

If I had to guess, she probably blocked his other account and he made a new one for the specific purpose of stalking her/continuing to make his advances.

He has two facebook accounts, one has pics of a Guns n’ Roses band member, they have a similar hairstyle.
This guy wasn’t the brightest bulb. He even liked his own comments on her Facebook posts. Poor Orsolya, may justice be swift.
Her poor family.

I'm wondering how you can be sure the GNR profile account is the same person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat