NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many things in this story absolutely make no sense.

It was Passover so I don’t understand the husband and son going to visit colleges instead of staying home with family. It was also Easter, so would colleges have staff to show them around? I assume they didn’t fly there to only look at buildings!

I read up thread that she was killed on the main floor (maybe a rumor) and then brought to the basement, why? Unless he/she knew that is where the sport bag was and had decided to dispose of the body. Why? So much easier to get out on your own.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

It was Passover so I don’t understand the husband and son going to visit colleges instead of staying home with family. It was also Easter, so would colleges have staff to show them around? I assume they didn’t fly there to only look at buildings!

I read up thread that she was killed on the main floor (maybe a rumor) and then brought to the basement, why? Unless he/she knew that is where the sport bag was and had decided to dispose of the body. Why? So much easier to get out on your own.

The only reason I would want to get rid of a body is if I lived in the house! But they (the police) said that the son had not left the residence.

The text to the husband makes even less sense. Why do it? Unless it was to say: mission accomplished.

You have to add to all this that she seemed to have been a very “busy” lady opening the door to further conjectures.
Why did husband and older son fly to Portland Oregon first?

The son being left alive aligns with the theory that the texts are red herrings. He wasn't the target. The way she was killed, the solo trip to the bar, the rumors of an affair, the 2020 overnight disappearance, all align with the story of a scorned ex lover. The husband and older son being away provides a convenient time for her to meet up with someone, possibly to break it off. All of that together makes me take what's being reported as what's most likely true. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

EDIT: I should add it also aligns selfishly with the theory I've been peddling all along.

Last edited:
The only way I would consider this being a murder for hire is if the "handyman sidepiece" suddenly shows up suicided in a mysterious way. That would feel even more like misdirection than what we've already seen, at least to me.

Being a mother myself, several things stood out to me:
1) the son that was home, was he 13? Did he not hear/see anything? Was he asleep when this was going on? I don’t leave my son (pretty much same age) home alone late at night, but that’s just me.
2) the quote from the husband in the media (to the effect of “we all fear for our safety”) didn’t sit right with me. Unless the quote was condensed, no sadness for the sudden loss of your wife/childrens mother? I found that odd. My family would be devastated (at least I like to think).

this one feels oddly close to home given the circumstances.

The son being left alive aligns with the theory that the texts are red herrings. He wasn't the target. The way she was killed, the solo trip to the bar, the rumors of an affair, the 2020 overnight disappearance, all align with the story of a scorned ex lover. The husband and older son being away provides a convenient time for her to meet up with someone, possibly to break it off. All of that together makes me take what's being reported as what's most likely true. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

I tend to agree with this version of events, but there are a few things that give me pause:

1) If the plan was to kill OG (and only OG), why would the killer not make sure no one else was home first? Or even if it was spur of the moment decision, why would an ex-lover let himself into the house if he wasn’t 100% positive that he wouldn’t encounter other members of OG’s family?

2) Why stay in the house for such a long time after the murder? They had to either be extraordinarily reckless and/or felt confident that they wouldn’t be interrupted (either by a neighbor or member of the family), IMO.

3) Why bother with moving the body? The house was already covered in blood, so it’s not like the conclusion of foul play could be avoided. Why take the risk of transporting the body and being captured on security cameras when they could have left it in the basement? IMO, if they were in the house for so long, they would’ve been better off leaving the body and staging it as a break-in (albeit one with overkill) as opposed to loitering in the house for hours only to move the body.

I tend to agree with this version of events, but there are a few things that give me pause:

1) If the plan was to kill OG (and only OG), why would the killer not make sure no one else was home first? Or even if it was spur of the moment decision, why would an ex-lover let himself into the house if he wasn’t 100% positive that he wouldn’t encounter other members of OG’s family?

2) Why stay in the house for such a long time after the murder? They had to either be extraordinarily reckless and/or felt confident that they wouldn’t be interrupted (either by a neighbor or member of the family), IMO.

3) Why bother with moving the body? The house was already covered in blood, so it’s not like the conclusion of foul play could be avoided. Why take the risk of transporting the body and being captured on security cameras when they could have left it in the basement? IMO, if they were in the house for so long, they would’ve been better off leaving the body and staging it as a break-in (albeit one with overkill) as opposed to loitering in the house for hours only to move the body.

1. I can only speculate, but perhaps during the 40 or so minutes she was alone at the bar, she was texting the perp trying to meet up. It doesn't appear unlikely that others could have known the husband was away. OG may very well have indicated that, herself. This may not have been their first time meeting up at the family home, if the husband travels often, so the assumption could safely be made that the 13 year old would be sound asleep upstairs. Also, the husband works, the kids go to school, and she's a stay-at-home mom. When do most "handymen" do their work? During the day.

2. Clean-up is the only thing I can think of. This doesn't look like something planned at all. Police don't think this was a pre-meditated murder, and the killing itself indicates a crime of extreme passion. It's also been reported that the body was moved to the basement. If the perp were thinking clearly, he would have realized that getting the bag from the basement and bringing it upstairs would mean only having to pull the bag down the front steps, instead of up the basement steps. I'm thinking there was a lot of frantic, somewhat fruitless attempts to clean up.

3. Separate the body from the crime scene. I really think the perp was planning to take the hockey bag on a bus trip as far away from the crime scene as possible, or perhaps drag it into the park to make it harder to find. Again, more somewhat fruitless, frantic attempts to get out of the mess they were in. Probably a fair amount of liquid courage involved, too, to muster up that kind of rage and act on it. Clearly not a lot of sound decision-making going on, but they at least thought to try to separate her body from the house.

In short, I think the perp knew/knows they were hosed as soon as the killing was done, and everything since that time was a frantic attempt to create distance between themselves and the crime, but they know nothing would ever be enough. So he's on the run.

Last edited:
Just a couple observations.
If time of death was 12:40am, I'm baffled on how the bag was dripping blood @ 4:30am as it was wheeled to the location.
I don't doubt the time. Surely liver temp showed 8 hours since death.
Also, not that it has anything to do with the why... but wasn't Saturday am the full moon?
It would be brighter than a normal night, unless there was cloud cover.
A knife was used, not a gun. Also as far as we know, no car has been attached to this crime.
That's a clue to me. Someone who didn't have access to a car or a gun perhaps due to age or other reasons.
To add, the son and wife having been allegedly "disappeared" in the past. I would think the home would be locked down tight. Codes regularly changed, etc..
My thoughts at the moment.
MOO

It was Passover so I don’t understand the husband and son going to visit colleges instead of staying home with family.
a few people have brought that up, is that a big family holiday? My family never did anything special and most people I know don’t really do much either. It isn’t surprising to me at all that the family wasn’t together for it I guess.

1. I can only speculate, but perhaps during the 40 or so minutes she was alone at the bar, she was texting the perp trying to meet up. It doesn't appear unlikely that others could have known the husband was away. OG may very well have indicated that, herself. This may not have been their first time meeting up at the family home, if the husband travels often, so the assumption could safely be made that the 13 year old would be sound asleep upstairs. Also, the husband works, the kids go to school, and she's a stay-at-home mom. When do most "handymen" do their work? During the day.

2. Clean-up is the only thing I can think of. Police don't think this was a pre-meditated murder, and the killing itself indicates a crime of extreme passion. It's also been reported that the body was moved to the basement. If the perp were thinking clearly, he would have realized that getting the bag from the basement and bringing it upstairs would mean only having to pull the bag down the front steps, instead of up the basement steps. I'm thinking there was a lot of frantic, somewhat fruitless attempts to clean up and cover up.

3. Separate the body from the crime scene. I really think the perp was planning to take the hockey bag on a bus trip as far away from the crime scene as possible, or perhaps drag it into the park to make it harder to find. Again, more somewhat fruitless, frantic attempts to get out of the mess they were in. Probably a fair amount of liquid courage involved, too, to muster up that kind of rage and act on it. Clearly not a lot of sound decision-making going on, but they at least thought to try to separate her body from the house.

In short, I think the perp knew/knows they were hosed as soon as the killing was done, and everything since that time was a frantic attempt to create distance between themselves and the crime, but they know nothing would ever be enough. So he's on the run.

I can definitely see the points you raised being the case. Assuming she was trying to meet up with the ex-lover/perpetrator while she was at the bar, I would imagine she didn’t want to bring them to the house as her son was there. Total speculation, but if meeting up with a current/former lover I imagine she would have communicated the fact that her son was home (unless of course that person was someone that had a relationship with the family in a different capacity).

I can definitely see the points you raised being the case. Assuming she was trying to meet up with the ex-lover/perpetrator while she was at the bar, I would imagine she didn’t want to bring them to the house as her son was there. Total speculation, but if meeting up with a current/former lover I imagine she would have communicated the fact that her son was home (unless of course that person was someone that had a relationship with the family in a different capacity).

Sure -- whether she invited him in, went in with him, or if he was already there waiting for her, it's reasonable to think he would assume the younger son either wasn't home or was fast asleep. If we're to go with what's most likely and assume he didn't go there with a plan to murder her (maybe hoping to get a little action, instead), there'd be no reason to think anything would wake up the son.

They flew to visit colleges. There are several private colleges in Portland. Reed College, Lewis & Clark. And weren't they going to all meet up in Michigan? Reed College's spring break was mid-March.
All I'd read was his tweet, all over media, now since deleted, that they'd arrived in Portland and were going to see a college in Michigan, which made me wonder why land on the PNW only to fly to central US for a college scouting expedition. Supposed tweet on husband's account was "Just landed Portland, OR before evaluating Ann Arbor again with my 17-year old son,” Klein said early Saturday in a now-deleted tweet." If they were exploring OR colleges, why not mention that as well? Maybe OR colleges were being looked at as well but hubby had a link to the MI college so didn't want to mention the OR potential, alma mater and all that. Who knows.

Based on what police are saying, I think they do know who he is, they just don't know where he is.

If they knew who he was, but didn't know where he was, they would release his photo in a "Wanted" poster. Since they haven't, either they don't know who he is, or else they don't have sufficient evidence to release a photo. Or maybe there is no photo--maybe the guy has no drivers license they can access--after all, he wheeled her body away from the house in a wheeled hockey bag, not in a car!

If they knew who he was, but didn't know where he was, they would release his photo in a "Wanted" poster. Since they haven't, either they don't know who he is, or else they don't have sufficient evidence to release a photo. Or maybe there is no photo--maybe the guy has no drivers license they can access--after all, he wheeled her body away from the house in a wheeled hockey bag, not in a car!

Yeah, I guess I don't really know how LE go about their business when it comes to seeking help from the public. All I know is that they've identified a person of interest and are looking for him. There's probably a variety of reasons not to share that with the public at this time, but I'm sure it's coming soon if they don't find him within the next day or two.

The only reason I would want to get rid of a body is if I lived in the house! But they (the police) said that the son had not left the residence.

The text to the husband makes even less sense. Why do it? Unless it was to say: mission accomplished.

You have to add to all this that she seemed to have been a very “busy” lady opening the door to further conjectures.
Exactly, especially the part about the only reason to remove the body is if you lived there.

The way it was done too, just screams juvenile to me. But on the other hand, law enforcement seems to be indicating the killer did not live in that house.

This could wind up being one for the books; a complete outlier.

Yeah, I guess I don't really know how LE go about their business when it comes to seeking help from the public. All I know is that they've identified a person of interest and are looking for him. There's probably a variety of reasons not to share that with the public at this time, but I'm sure it's coming soon if they don't find him within the next day or two.
Agreed. If they needed help, we'd be seeing high quality images of this suspect, and some sort of a description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed