NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police said they previously responded to a 911 call at the house after Klein reported his wife missing May 29, 2020. The husband later told the cops his wife had been found.

Orsolya Gaal: Figure seen dragging bag shortly before mom found dead

This also couldve been something as simple as she was hiking and didnt have cell service. Ya never know. I know plenty of people who were locked in their houses peak COVID who went awol just to get away from their kids and go drive around for hours.

I think the hockey bag is a Bauer 650. 37" in length, wheeled, non-telescoping handle. In the security footage, I think it only looks like it make be a telescoping handle due to the victims body weight pulling the remainder (top part) of the bag material downwards toward the wheels.

Bauer 650 Wheeled Hockey Bag - Senior | Pure Hockey Equipment

One can narrow it down from the crime scene photos in this link:
Orsolya Gaal's body found in blood-soaked duffel bag in Queens (nypost.com)

If one compares the length of the bag in the security camera footage - bottom of bag to handle that person is holding = 37" so would perhaps help to figure out approx height of perp?? Edit to add: the smallest version of this bag is 30" in length.
37" x 19" x 16.5"

30" here: Bauer 650 Small Wheeled Hockey Equipment Bag (hockeymonkey.ca)
30" X 16" X 14". Probably too small to put the deceased in to??

Last edited:
This also couldve been something as simple as she was hiking and didnt have cell service. Ya never know. I know plenty of people who were locked in their houses peak COVID who went awol just to get away from their kids and go drive around for hours.
I checked her fb (she was a prolific poster) and she must have been missing very briefly, because she made multiple posts every day, except the day she was reported missing. There were no posts that day. She did go for daily walks.

Agree that it will be solved quickly. The camera image looks like a teenager with skinny legs maybe a friend of the older son. A Mrs Robinson thing. Or as you say a neighbor kid. The houses are close together. Did no one hear the roller wheels on the pavement leaving the house rolling along the route?
What about her dog. Why wasn’t it barking ? It should have been barking that night as well as in the morning, assuming she was the one to take it out ? Lots of pics on fb of the victim and dog.
Did the killer know the dog?
I hate to think it was the 13 yr old son but odds are 50-50. Imo

Friend of younger son, I'm leaning this way as well. If they thought the son did it, it's hard to imagine them releasing him. It's a tender age filled with possibilities, spurts of false confidence and nonsensical bad ideas. Doesn't jibe with "went out with a man who murdered her" but nothing about this case makes sense anyway.

I am curious if the perpetrator knew of Orsolya’s previous instance of being reported missing and attempted to remove the body from the home to stage the possibility of her voluntarily leaving. No details have emerged about the previous missing person report, though, so it could have been from any scenario. Based on her social media presence, she seems to travel internationally a lot, so perhaps she simply lost contact while abroad due to limited access to telephones or cellular signals.

All MOO.
The previous incident seems innocent enough, judging by her fb posts. She was not traveling at the time. She posted pictures from her daily walks in a park. As an outgoing person she was unhappy about the curfew imposed due to COVID.

There is a video of where the body was found here.... Only can see the road to the right but doesn't look like it was a secluded area. Looks like there was a main road to the right after the bridge.

So yes, it's kind of hard to describe verbally, but she was found essentially on a road that leads onto a 4 lane parkway that runs through a decently sized, heavily wooded park. Metropolitian Ave is a main road but the thing that struck me the most is that while parts of that park could easily conceal something, she was found at the edge, pretty much on a sidewalk. Like someone either just gave up or was waiting for someone to pick them up and go down the parkway.

Orsolya Gaal: Figure seen dragging bag shortly before mom found dead

I haven't seen reports that the doors were locked. I've only seen reports that LE made an "emergency entry" into the house. Emergency entry could just mean that they entered without a warrant (i.e., urgent situation not needing a warrant) because of the body/blood trail to the home.

"Cops said a blood trail from the blood-soaked bag led them to Gaal's house, located in a gated community on Juno Street, a half mile from where her body was found.
Gaal had no ID on her when she was found, police told the New York Daily News, adding that officers who followed the trail made an 'emergency entry' into her home to try and get to the bottom of the grisly discovery."
Married mom-of-two Orsolya Gaal 'met up with another man' who killed her in basement of Queens home | Daily Mail Online
If the younger son was home when the police arrived, did he answer the door? If not, why not?

Why not just leave the body where the victim was murdered and focus on getting out of the area?

Why risk being caught on camera in a residential neighborhood only to discard the bag with a body inside where it would be quickly discovered by morning as people are walking dogs and are out and about?

Possibly knowledge of the young teen in the home and not wanting him to discover his mother murdered.

A very unusual and disturbing case. An extraordinarily odd/panicked/desperate attempt to dispose of this lady's body and create a distance between her and the home. If it's dark no-one can see me. Surely no-one would do this unless they did not have access to a car or could not drive.
I don't ever recall another case of a visitor to the house committing a murder and, dismembering the victim (if that is the case here), and removing the body, while there is a relative in the house. I suppose it could happen in a large house. Hopefully there are lots of cameras and the police can see where the person who dragged the bag goes after that.

IMO, so the 13 year old doesn't find his mom like this.

This is getting weirder. The deleted tweet seemed unusual as the tweets were almost all business related-very little family stuff in there. I am also interested in any other friends of the children who are small in stature and might be familiar with the house, and have access.

There is now a new text according to the DM.
Your wife sent me to jail some years ago. I'm back

Orsolya Gaal's killer sent husband text saying 'your wife sent me to jail years ago... I'm back' | Daily Mail Online

Well this certainly changes things! And this should make it quite easy to narrow down the suspects.
How did she send someone to jail? Did she testify against them in court? Also, if she did the perp wrong, why would he threaten the husband as well?

Last edited:

Katie Corrado
@KatieCorradoTV

Update/clarification on Orsolya Gaal’s murder: NYPD sources tell PIX11 News that Gaal told her youngest son she was going to a show Fri night and her killer, at some point, caught up with her. He was known to Gaal. Their exact relationship is unclear.

According to our police sources, the killer sent a text to Gaal’s husband from her phone after the murder, saying, ‘Your wife sent me to jail some years ago…I’m back. Don’t call the police or I will kill your family.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member