NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I wonder too. If he woke up and alerted anyone that she was missing.

So many things about this just don't add up! If she's sat on a jury that convicted someone, the list of suspects (based on that text message) is pretty short. But, if that's the case, why release that information and give the suspect a heads up?

If the kid didn't miss the mom (seems like he told the police he didn't know where she was), the dog would have raised a ruckus...IF the dog wasn't killed as well.

The more I look at the still pics of the suspect with the hockey bag I think the suspect is wearing the hockey gear that was probably in the bag. Look at the shoulder angle. This is just crazy. It really looks like a kid to me. That is not a full grown adult and they are wearing shoulder pads.

Could the thing the person is carrying be a skateboard? There is a dark area in the front upper corner and lower corner of the object that could be wheels. Just a thought and JMO.

PIX11 News obtained surveillance video of a man dragging the duffel bag. The video is too disturbing to share. Police identified a person of interest in the case Monday afternoon, sources said. The individual was known to the 51-year-old Queens mom of two. No arrests have been made.

Queens mom found dead in duffle bag was stabbed dozens of times | PIX11

It is great that they have identified a person of interest. Her poor thirteen year old--- to have been in the house and unaware that your mom is being killed must be incredibly painful and filled with self-recrimination. Thoughts go out to him. It is a heavy burden to have.

People have mentioned the dog. If the person was known to her, then it is possible that the dog had met the killer previously and would not have been alerted to danger.

The camera that shows the son being walked by police is 2 doors down across the street from Gaal home, the same direction the suspect walked, that camera can be seen on house between window and door.

Am on page 12 of thread so some of this, if not all may be irrelevant by the time I catch up properly, but, firstly, what an awful crime, thoughts and prayers to Orsolya's family.

60 stab wounds - that's rage and anger, feels personal and not random
Image of person with bag - first instinct was a young person, and I thought it looked like they were facing the camera, kinda like they were flicking the 'v' with other hand as it looks raised? Hard to explain what I see
Text messages - feels deliberately sent to attempt to create false narrative

Really hope the dog is OK :(, if not barking, could be it wasn't with Orsolya at the time, or it was injured or it knew her attacker.

Believe LE know much more than I've currently read as being released, so back to pg 12 I go

All moo

I haven’t been on Websleuths since Karina’s murder in Howard Beach.

I don’t live too far from where the body was dumped. I actually drove right by it today on my way home. I’m pretty sure NYPD knows at this point exactly who did it. They are just building a case against them before an arrest. I counted so many CCTV just down Metropolitan Ave, if the killer walked that way from Juno Street. Even if the killer walked the back streets up until Metropolitan, they were definitely caught on clearer surveillance cameras along the route they walked. No matter the way they walked on Metropolitan or Union Tpk after, again caught on many cameras.

It is great that they have identified a person of interest. Her poor thirteen year old--- to have been in the house and unaware that your mom is being killed must be incredibly painful and filled with self-recrimination. Thoughts go out to him. It is a heavy burden to have.

People have mentioned the dog. If the person was known to her, then it is possible that the dog had met the killer previously and would not have been alerted to danger.
Identified, but no name being put out yet and no arrest? Am I reading this correctly?

New observations after closely looking at the cctv pic again.

I still think this is a short and thin person. It really seems like a kid or a very small woman.
The bush has been trimmed down greatly since satellite and Google street view filmed it.
The person is wearing shorts.
They are wearing an oversized sweatshirt.
They have a haircut that lands just below the ears.
They heard the camera ding and looked in that direction. My camera dings to put a person on notice. I can also choose a barking dog, lol. Not sure if all cctv cameras do this.

That's all I got for now. All Moo.

Hopefully they will be making an arrest soon.

Also from the article: "At some point, a man who police believe she was familiar with met up with her, sources said. That man is believed to have murdered Gaal in her basement, the sources said. Investigators believe Gaal knew the killer because there were no signs of forced entry at her home." BBM.

If this man was someone she helped convict and serve time, there is no way she would knowingly let him in her home. Did she simply unknowingly answer her door after arriving home?

I'd like to see an investigative reporter answer the question - was the victim ever tied to an individual who was convicted of a crime and served time.

If this man was someone she helped convict and serve time, there is no way she would knowingly let him in her home. Did she simply unknowingly answer her door after arriving home?

I'd like to see an investigative reporter answer the question - was the victim ever tied to an individual who was convicted of a crime and served time.

IMO - those text messages were red herrings. If she's the one who sent someone to jail, what good does it do to threaten the rest of her family after "revenge" has already been achieved. It's not like she can be hurt any further by harming her husband and/or children. Poorly thought out attempt to cover his tracks, I think.

Using the NY DOT Traffic Data Viewer I was able to get some more information about the traffic patterns on the streets the killer would have walked down.

At station 051264, Metropolitan Avenue from the Jackie Robinson Parkway to Hillside Avenue, the Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) was 21,253 vehicles. According to a 2019 spot traffic monitoring study, the eastbound lanes of this section of road are not particularly busy during the time the killer is estimated to have placed the body there: between 3 and 4AM 67 cars pass through this stretch, and with traffic falling to only 42 cars between 4 and 5AM.

The westbound lanes of Metropolitan Avenue in the same stretch of road are slightly busier, presumably as workers are commuting to Manhattan for work. Between 3 and 4AM, 63 cars were recorded, and between 4 and 5AM, 69 cars were recorded.

On Ascan Avenue, from Metropolitan Avenue to Austin Street, the AADT was 4,828 vehicles, although the vast majority of those vehicles were recorded after 7AM. Between 3AM and 4AM, only 11 cars passed through this stretch of road, while between 4AM and 5AM, only 9 cars drove on this stretch of road.

In 2019, a spot traffic monitoring study (radar placed 120ft south of Loubet Street on Ascan Avenue), only 5 vehicles were recorded between 3 and 4AM and 7 vehicles between 4 and 5AM.

72nd Avenue from Metropolitan Avenue to Loubet Street is similarly desolate during this timeframe: only 1 vehicle is recorded between 3 and 4AM and 2 vehicles recorded between 4 and 5AM.

View attachment 340314

I think the person might well have been spooked by the Q54 bus, which passes by the location where the body was found at about 427 and 447 am on Saturday.

IMO - those text messages were red herrings. If she's the one who sent someone to jail, what good does it do to threaten the rest of her family after "revenge" has already been achieved. It's not like she can be hurt any further by harming her husband and/or children. Poorly thought out attempt to cover his tracks, I think.
Good point. If there is any truth to those text messages, if anything wouldn't someone want to harm her family first, leaving her for last, worrying and paniced?

The perp killed the victim in her own home, then spent some time texting her husband (a stranger would think he was upstairs), putting her in a bag, and rolling it casually down the street. Perp had access to the home, access to her phone, knowledge who to text, knowledge that her husband whom he was texting wasn't home, wasn't going to be home anytime soon, had no access to a car, must have been covered in blood, but apparently made it to somewhere unnoticed...

oh yeah, and unless she was sending dozens of people to jail, identified themselves.

Last edited:
The perp killed the victim in her own home, then spent some time texting her husband (a stranger would think he was upstairs), putting her in a bag, and rolling it casually down the street. Perp had access to the home, access to her phone, knowledge who to text, knowledge that her husband whom he was texting wasn't home, wasn't going to be home anytime soon, had no access to a car, must have been covered in blood, but apparently made it to somewhere unnoticed...

I think this might be the reason the photo appears to show someone wearing a sweatshirt or big jacket and shorts. Blood-stained clothes likely removed at the scene and disposed of (or being carried under the right arm).

Suspect Remains At Large Following Brutal Killing of Forest Hills Woman Found Stuffed Inside Duffel Bag - Sunnyside Post
<snipped>
As of Monday afternoon, no arrests have been made in the case while the suspect remains at large.

---

So they have a suspect but apparently can't locate him. Why not release his name and photo at this point? There has to be something more going on behind the scenes because I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't release the suspect's name and photo if they are actively searching for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member