NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
to suggest she killed him (and doing it out of state no less) is going well beyond any line of decency.

Why? There's hundreds of threads on this board alone where children have been killed by a parent.

Why? There's hundreds of threads on this board alone where children have been killed by a parent.

sure, it sadly happens all too often, but to make a public statement that someone killed their child, without any proof whatsoever is foolish, slanderous and all that jazz.

I for one will never go there on this or any other public forum.

I agree with JLMcKenna83 about that comment. The poster is giving two possibilities of what happened. 1 - Jennifer orchestrated this entire thing on purpose, which would take a genius. 2 - Jennifer messed up, had her kids taken away, and then something happened to Patrick. Then, the poster asks which of these two is more likely. Based on the way they state things, they actually do not believe Jennifer did anything. Nor are they accusing Jennifer of anything. They actually think its ridiculous that people are considering that. (The posters grammar skills could be improved, and maybe it would flow and make better sense, though.)

Mom is praying for a Christmas miracle

[snip]

Unless a miracle occurs and Patrick Alford resurfaces over the next few days, this will be the first Christmas morning since Patrick’s birth that Jennifer won’t know where her son is.

“Missing Patrick,” Jennifer replied when asked about the toughest thing she was dealing with during this Christmas season.

[snip]

Patrick, wherever he is, turned 8 on Nov. 28. It was the little boy’s first birthday away from his mother. Who knows if he had a cake? Who knows if he was in a position to realize that it was his birthday?

Jennifer spent Patrick’s birthday getting his name tattooed over her heart along with “January 22, 2010” — the day he was last seen alive and the day before her 23rd birthday after the city’s Administration for Children’s Services shipped Patrick and little sis JA out to East New York’s Starrett City housing projects with a foster stranger named Librada Moran.

[snip]

Jennifer wasn’t surprised that strangers recognized her face, but she can do without the fame. After all, she blames herself for her son’s disappearance more than anything.

When she got busted a year ago for shoplifting, she made the call to ACS. She thought ACS was there to help her with her kids while she worked her way out of a misdemeanor jam.

“I was better off not calling ACS,” Jennifer said through sobs, “because my son was better off home.”

Jen smiled weakly. A small sparkle twinkled in her eye. It’s a Christmas twinkle that keeps Patrick alive in her tattooed heart.

It’s all she has.

More: http://blog.silive.com/around_the_block_column/2010/12/mom_is_praying_for_a_christmas_miracle.html

Mom is praying for a Christmas miracle

[snip]

Unless a miracle occurs and Patrick Alford resurfaces over the next few days, this will be the first Christmas morning since Patrick’s birth that Jennifer won’t know where her son is.

“Missing Patrick,” Jennifer replied when asked about the toughest thing she was dealing with during this Christmas season.

[snip]

Patrick, wherever he is, turned 8 on Nov. 28. It was the little boy’s first birthday away from his mother. Who knows if he had a cake? Who knows if he was in a position to realize that it was his birthday?

Jennifer spent Patrick’s birthday getting his name tattooed over her heart along with “January 22, 2010” — the day he was last seen alive and the day before her 23rd birthday after the city’s Administration for Children’s Services shipped Patrick and little sis JA out to East New York’s Starrett City housing projects with a foster stranger named Librada Moran.

[snip]

Jennifer wasn’t surprised that strangers recognized her face, but she can do without the fame. After all, she blames herself for her son’s disappearance more than anything.

When she got busted a year ago for shoplifting, she made the call to ACS. She thought ACS was there to help her with her kids while she worked her way out of a misdemeanor jam.

“I was better off not calling ACS,” Jennifer said through sobs, “because my son was better off home.”

Jen smiled weakly. A small sparkle twinkled in her eye. It’s a Christmas twinkle that keeps Patrick alive in her tattooed heart.

It’s all she has.

More: http://blog.silive.com/around_the_block_column/2010/12/mom_is_praying_for_a_christmas_miracle.html

This is where I'm not completely understanding her actions...

Why would she call ACS herself if the shoplifting charge was only a misdemeanor? For most people, a shoplifting charge is really only a slap on the wrist, maybe some probation and a fine with some restitution...

She's been arrested 3 times this year alone. How does she expect to find her son or have anyone take her seriously if she keeps getting into trouble?

I believe in another article it made it sound like she had called because of her drug problems. I'll try to find it.

ETA: http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/west_brighton_mom_insists_she.html

From link above...BBM.

Ms. Rodriguez contends she called ACS herself a few days before her arrest.

"I told them I needed help, I needed a program so I could stay clean for my kids," she said. "I reached out to them and then they took my kids. They said I neglected my son, but now he's missing."

Usually children aren't removed unless there are other circumstances. Preventative services are put in place....a SW or CM would visit her her weekly and make sure she was getting help, and that the kids were ok. There is more to her story. I bet there was unstable or unsafe living arrangements, or something of the sort. CPS doesn't usually take kids unless the parent has preventative and isn't complying with it, or there are other issues.

I wish she knew where her son is, too. But I'm still not sure there isn't someone in the family who doesn't. There is something funny about this case.

Thanks SWMNBM, I had read that but it just didn't compute for me.

ACS is not who you would call if you have a drug problem. Even if you wanted to stay clean for your children.

There are 1,000's of programs in the city for drug users who need help. I guess I'm still not understanding her logic in calling them. (ACS) It just opened a whole different can of worms for her than what she actually needed.

Usually children aren't removed unless there are other circumstances. Preventative services are put in place....a SW or CM would visit her her weekly and make sure she was getting help, and that the kids were ok. There is more to her story. I bet there was unstable or unsafe living arrangements, or something of the sort. CPS doesn't usually take kids unless the parent has preventative and isn't complying with it, or there are other issues.

I wish she knew where her son is, too. But I'm still not sure there isn't someone in the family who doesn't. There is something funny about this case.

IMO, if you make a SW mad, he/she can come up with a reason to take any kid.
All it takes is a little creative writing.
My advice is to never let them in your house without a court order.

I suspect there is alot more to child services actions that we don't know about. with the new info, I'm not surprised they took the kids.

good luck with her lawsuit between the old behaviors of hers and the new arrests.

But that's the thing. We DON'T know the whole story. It has been said that when Jennifer made the call to ACS, they found signs of neglect, which, combined with the theft and drug use, is why they took the kids. But that doesn't change the fact that they still placed them in foster care instead of with family. And unless Jennifer physically took Patrick, or asked someone else to hide him, it is not her fault that Patrick disappeared. Her behavior shouldn't have anything to do with a lawsuit meant to find out what DID happen to this child.

But that's the thing. We DON'T know the whole story. It has been said that when Jennifer made the call to ACS, they found signs of neglect, which, combined with the theft and drug use, is why they took the kids. But that doesn't change the fact that they still placed them in foster care instead of with family. And unless Jennifer physically took Patrick, or asked someone else to hide him, it is not her fault that Patrick disappeared. Her behavior shouldn't have anything to do with a lawsuit meant to find out what DID happen to this child.

There is usually an effort to place children with family, unless the family has prior ACS cases or there is reason not to, such as inadaquate living arrangements or someone is too ill to take care of a child or doesn't want to.

I still wonder if it wouldn't be possible for the mother to know where he was, perhaps she had him sent out of the country to family, perhaps another relative did.

I suspect there is alot more to child services actions that we don't know about. with the new info, I'm not surprised they took the kids.

good luck with her lawsuit between the old behaviors of hers and the new arrests.

In spite of her behaviors, she never lost Patrick. Her behaviors don't justify every bad decision child services made.

There is usually an effort to place children with family, unless the family has prior ACS cases or there is reason not to, such as inadaquate living arrangements or someone is too ill to take care of a child or doesn't want to.

I still wonder if it wouldn't be possible for the mother to know where he was, perhaps she had him sent out of the country to family, perhaps another relative did.

But she passed her polygraph.

I believe that polygraphs aren't always effective. I also wonder if perhaps if she didn't do it, if a relative or friend did.

I believe that a child alone would have generated attention at night. I believe really that this child would not have willingly gone away with anyone unless he knew them, even somewhat.

I wonder if there was anyone in the building who knew this child, who might have taken him.

Something odd about this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killjoy02
Back