NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder if it was accurate that the foster parents didn't speak any English ?

I can't imagine that the foster mother spoke NO English at all and had English-speaking children placed with her.

I believe that was what bio-mom's lawsuit alleged. But I just can't see it, either. English as a second language? Sure. But none? I don't know about that...

It would be impossible to believe if I hadn't seen so many dumb decisions lately by the child protectors.

Missing Children Reports Up 4% in 2010

The number of children reported missing in New York State increased by 4 percent in 2010, but only two stranger abduction cases were reported, according to a report issued Wednesday by the state Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS).

[snip]

The Missing Child/ College Student Alert program is used in cases that do not meet the AMBER alert criteria. In those cases, broadcast station managers decide if and when to disseminate the information; highway variable message signs and lottery terminals are not used. Last year, one Missing Child/ College Student Alert was issued:

• On Jan. 24, an alert was issued at the request of the New York City Police Department after a seven-year-old boy, Patrick Alford, went missing from foster care in Brooklyn. The boy is still missing.

More: http://www.northcountrygazette.org/2011/04/06/missing_children-5/

Study Undermines Kidnapping Fears

The fear that a child could be snatched away by a stranger nags at many parents. But a new report examining cases from last year shows that in New York, it is extraordinarily rare for children to be taken by someone they don't know.

[snip]

In 4% of the total number of missing children, or 837 cases, the reason for the disappearance was listed as unknown.

A 7-year-old Brooklyn boy named Patrick Alford is among those mysteries.

The boy vanished on Jan. 7, 2010, after taking out the garbage at a foster home where he had been placed about three weeks earlier. After the disappearance, police questioned the boy's biological mother, who had lost custody of him, but didn't find reason to charge her. His mother has since sued the city's Administration for Children's Services, which oversees foster care. Despite a manhunt, Patrick hasn't been found.

More: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704013604576247021572489398.html

Just checking in. Said an Easter prayer for Patrick. Wanted to let him and his family know a lot of people haven't forgotten. He's also got his guardian angel watching over him! :angel:

I am hoping that Patrick is in Cleveland...however he got there...keeping up Hope for a miracle

Where are you sweet boy? Praying the sun shines down on you, and we get to you soon.

Patrick was the "Have You Seen Me" child on my weekly ads this week.

No, little buddy, I haven't seen you. But I hope someone has.

Patrick was on the ads here in CT about a month ago. On one hand, I was happy to see his face out there, because it means that people are still looking. And on the other, I'm so sad that he is still not accounted for, safe and happy, and just being a kid. Every time I see the thread pop up, I think he's home. Some day, soon, he will be, I hope!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back