NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Attorneys representing the interests of a 7-year-old boy who disappeared from a New York foster home last year want the NYPD to hand over its case files so they can continue the search for the missing child.
But the city’s lawyers argue that the NYPD’s files contain sensitive information - including the identify of witnesses - and could reveal closely-held investigative techniques.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...old_want_8Hb99cPReueAfzTS1JYhEL#ixzz1ZChjfmmz

Is the NYPD doing anything with all that info they won't turn over?
It's been TOO LONG.

Patrick's case has been VERY quiet for a VERY long time. I'm not sure how "active" NYPD is on his case anymore. I would love to see someone who is willing to take the time, actually keep investigating the case. On the other hand, I can see why they might be unwilling to hand over private investigative files with sensitive information...

So frustrating. Just FIND PATRICK!

Wishing there was more to talk about to bring Patrick home. :(

index_candle.jpg

Have not been active in posting on Patrick's case but have lurked a bit since the beginning. I remember how it struck me as so counter intuitive that a 7 year old would run away and then not be seen or heard from again. My first thought was, this is bull. This child did not run away to anywhere, someone knows exactly what has happened to him.

That thought remains unchanged after all this time.

It is so sad that no progress has been made on this case. No leads, and seemingly no active ongoing investigation. 7 is so very young and the city such a big one. It is as if he was swallowed up into that vast city. Someone knows something.

I feel your pain, those of you who have taken Patrick into their hearts and have followed this case so diligently, nay, relentlessly. I am so sorry that there is seemingly so very little to go on.

I don't get here as often as I used to; but when my health allows, I always check on Patrick. I keep hoping for news, as I know y'all do. Meanwhile I keep Patrick in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned before, but I don't recall...where is Patrick's sister now? If she's had contact with her family since Patrick disappeared, has LE tried questioning her?

There is no way a 7-8 year old boy could've survived on his own for two years in NYC, or anywhere for that matter. Someone must know where Patrick is!

I'm sure it's already been mentioned before, but I don't recall...where is Patrick's sister now? If she's had contact with her family since Patrick disappeared, has LE tried questioning her?

There is no way a 7-8 year old boy could've survived on his own for two years in NYC, or anywhere for that matter. Someone must know where Patrick is!

Last I heard, Patrick's sister was removed from the foster home and placed with her father, who now has custody.

Not sure what article I read that in, but I can try to dig it up. I read it when I wrote my blog for Patrick almost a year ago. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?b=896

New website to help find Patrick - http://helpfindpatrick.blogspot.com/

Thanks for posting that link. I don't know why, but everytime I look at Patrick's picture, something just draws me to him. He reminds me of the son of one of my friends. He had those expressive eyebrows, and just something about his face. When one of my other girlfriends saw my friends baby, she blurted out "Oh my gosh, he doesn't look like a baby, he looks like a PERSON!" lol (not meant to be derogatory, hope you understand what I'm saying)
I wish this little guy could be found. He just looks so smiley and full of personality.
Sorry I don't have anything helpful to add. Just another person who thinks about this little boy, and where could he be. I hope wherever he is it is a safe and happy place.

Patrick will soon be 9 years old, on Nov. 28. Where are you?

It’s a colossal foster-care nightmare that ended with the disappearance of a 7-year-old boy two years ago — and it didn’t have to happen.

Top-notch lawyers appointed by a judge to represent the interests of missing Patrick Alford claim that the child, who vanished from his Brooklyn foster home, could have been safe today if not for glaring missteps by city child-welfare workers.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/foster_fiasco_2t4PoiyY60swRmOCmHCVXN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86
Back