NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bittrolff was in court yesterday and case was Adjourned / Remanded yet again. Next go-round is scheduled for the 30th of this month. This could drag on for quite a while it seems.

I think someone should make SCPD aware that Rita's daughter knew Melissa Barthelemy. It may lead to uncovering possible accomplices of Bittrolff..perhaps member of utopiaguide...or it could lead to evidence that proves Bitrolff is the LISK...you never know....Still I dont think SCPD has this info...we seem to be light years ahead of them

I would like to know why LE denied that Biltroff has any possible connection as the LISK. If they truly believe that or if they are biding their time and collecting as much evidence as possible before they make charges against him.
I'm interested to know what everyone thinks about this?

It is hard for me to believe that he is not involved in at least some of the other murders. It makes sense that he would change his methods of disposal with the emergence of dna technology in the 1990's. It also seems weird that he would murder three women and then just stop. I am aware that happens though.

I would like to know why LE denied that Biltroff has any possible connection as the LISK. If they truly believe that or if they are biding their time and collecting as much evidence as possible before they make charges against him.
I'm interested to know what everyone thinks about this?

The only way I can think for them to rule him out this early is either they have DNA or they have found that he has an alibi for the time frame that one of the gb4 went missing, him being out of town or whatnot. It could also be they have a recording from the calls to MB's sister and the voices don't match. It could be they're building their case but this far along that seems unlikely.

The way I heard it was that there's nothing to connect them at this point. They never ruled out that something may turn up to link him to other killings.

I think someone should make SCPD aware that Rita's daughter knew Melissa Barthelemy. It may lead to uncovering possible accomplices of Bittrolff..perhaps member of utopiaguide...or it could lead to evidence that proves Bitrolff is the LISK...you never know....Still I dont think SCPD has this info...we seem to be light years ahead of them

Well I took the plunge and contacted crimestoppers. They passed me along to a Homicide detective. I told him to look at the connection between Rita's daughter and Melissa Barthelemy. I told him I found my info on W/S. He was really respectful and appreciative even. He asked if I ever lived in NY! Of course I'm California bred - only been to Albany on business. I gave him my name and number. So we have done what we could do. Just a FYI.

He mentioned that they really had NOT spoken to Amanda. He said something about her not being available...but he did seem intrigued and said he will def look into it and try to contact her.

I'm stuck and can't empty my box...I can't even ask a mod for help! HELP PLEASE!
I've got 38 msgs and should be able to have 200, right? Feeling frustrated lol...grrrrrrrrrr

I'm stuck and can't empty my box...I can't even ask a mod for help! HELP PLEASE!
I've got 38 msgs and should be able to have 200, right? Feeling frustrated lol...grrrrrrrrrr

I just PMed Moderator Bessie and asked her to help you out :)

How many are in your Sent box? Those count, too.

What happens when you try to delete messages?

How many are in your Sent box? Those count, too.

What happens when you try to delete messages?

Thanks y'all - I think I'm good now, I wanted to save my msgs but couldn't remember how to do it!

Bittrolff was in court today and the and case was once again Adjourned / Remanded. Next appearance is scheduled for 12/04. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's a time limit before cases are required to be tried, or can this continue to drag on as it has indefinitely?

Prior to Biltroff being charged, we're Rita and Colleen's murders lumped in with the LISK murders.

At least one astute sleuther here had brought up the possibility, but it was kind of inside baseball, in that you had to be pretty into the case to know about the possible connection.

1993 – 1994 found victims Tangredi, Costilla, and McNamara remains (beaten, strangled and positioned) in/around Manorville, NY
1996 – human remains/body parts found in garbage bag in Fire Island, NY
2000 – found human remain parts dismembered Jane Doe 6-around Manorville, NY
2003 – found human remains parts dismembered Jessica Taylor-around Manorville, NY
2008 – human remains found in suitcase Tanya Rush-around Bellmore, NY
12/2010 – Melissa (missing 2009), Megan (missing 07/2010), Maureen (missing 2007) and Amber (missing 09/2010) found in burlap bags around Gilgo/Oak Beach, NY in December 2010
March 29, 2011- April 4, 2011 found four sets of human remains; 1 woman-ui Jane Doe 6-04/04/11-gilgo state park; 1 man- unid Asian 5-10yrs (possibly Yeung Tsui); 1 toddler- ui mom Jane Doe 6
Jessica Taylor-skull, hands, forearm found 3/29/2011 oak beach area
2011- Shannon found (missing 05/2010)

Hypothetically- if J. Bittrolff were involved in other murders besides 1993 victims, then the dates that the victims were found (assuming this was publicized in the media or perpetrator was privy to LE discoveries) may have caused the perpetrator to change his method of disposal. I.e. the 1993 victims were found, so when he was compelled to kill again he changed to garbage bags. But then the 1996 victim was discovered so he dismembered next victim and spread out parts (maybe perpetrator was working on project during 2003), etc.

The perpetrator possibly held onto Melissa, Megan, Maureen and Amber remains in burlap bags somewhere like summer cabin or shed until he could get rid of them during wintertime 2010, like around Thanksgiving when no foliage. If he held onto their remains for some time, maybe there is DNA from victims in the place (or he dismembered some maybe dna on construction/hunting tools used). Idk if he would have known about Shannon search in 2010 to throw off LE investigations. imo whoever is committing these crimes has some compulsive fetish or defect, but is also remorseful/conflicted (i.e. covering child), so hypo someone like J.Bittrolff may fit as he is a family man. Just some thoughts on possibilities given J.Bittrolff alleged to have murdered 1993 victims previously arrested for prostitution. This hypo would mean Shannon wasn’t related to others, but it doesn’t mean that she wasn’t killed by someone else.

If Melissa, Maureen, Amber or Megan were not dismembered, then the perpetrator may not really want/enjoy dismembering victims but does it out of necessity to avoid detection, just like burlap for camouflage i.e. erosion sandbags. jmo hypo and speculation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back