NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
July 7 at Edgewood preserve at 1130 is next search come out and help this family anyone in the area plz

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Just throwing this out there, was he depressed or unhappy? Enough to contemplate suicide?

If not, I think he left on his own.

I'm confused about why searches would be cancelled if they didn't have enough people? Surely searches are carried out every day by single individuals?

Good point Edinburgh.
I was a bit baffled by the wife who said a few days back (there was an article linked here with a video interview of her) that she didn't go to where the car was found - she went to the train station parking lot only 2 weeks later. Maybe she was in shock or scared but it would have been helpful had she gone right away and had a look at the car. For example she could have told right away that the seat wasn't in its normal position.

The wife did say the driver seat on the car was pushed forward not as if he drove it he's 6 foot 1 gto is a small car for a big guy he would have needed his seat back

Could this have been because someone needed to get something large out of the footwell in the backseat? Or something that had fallen down under the seat.

OT

Just jumping off your post - My husband forgets his wallet all the time. He just came home from running errands (he forgot his wallet!). He is 48 and has been this way since I've known him. I think he's got so much on his mind, he just forgets the little details.
It'd be interesting to know if Robert did this often?

My husband is the same way. Has left to go run an errand only to show back up because he forgot his wallet. Sometimes can't find it in the house and it ends up he left it in the car. He has always been this way as well.

Is a good thing I can see both of you living so far from me, otherwise I would be worried my husband is living a triple life... :floorlaugh:

It's funny I asked the wife why was he running late unshaven and why was his,wallet in the garage didn't get a answer also asked about the radio what station was it on and no response so far everything is tight lipped

All my comments are my opinion only (MOO)
Excellent point tmuller. Knowing the home situation/interactions for all day Thursday and Friday morning, whether his being unshaven was unusual, if he was type to forget wallet often, and especially any conversations/ interactions Friday morning - would provide some possible indicators. I feel sure LE has covered all this with his wife and kids, likely co-workers and additional family also. I would hope that if there was some "conflict" that would have been shared with LE. For all we know it could have been shared and for that reason LE is saying no crime.

Just throwing this out there, was he depressed or unhappy? Enough to contemplate suicide?
If not, I think he left on his own.

From the comments made by wife, all was fine. Wondering if that feeling is accurate or wishful thinking. I wonder if he was in financial trouble or if there was a work related issue. The Union? Witness protection? There could be many many things. The unshaven, forgetting ID/wallet and such sure does seem to me that he had something on his mind that morning - rather than it being an average day.

I'm confused about why searches would be cancelled if they didn't have enough people? Surely searches are carried out every day by single individuals?

Good point Edinburgh.
I was a bit baffled by the wife who said a few days back (there was an article linked here with a video interview of her) that she didn't go to where the car was found - she went to the train station parking lot only 2 weeks later. Maybe she was in shock or scared but it would have been helpful had she gone right away and had a look at the car. For example she could have told right away that the seat wasn't in its normal position.

My experience is that in each missing person case, there is a range of actions and reactions by family, friends and LE. Some go immediately to law enforcement, media, social networks, fliers, calling in professional resources and searches. Some are open and share details, ask and answer questions, and go into full fact finding and search mode.

In other cases, things get going much slower; family and LE is initially tight lip and days (or weeks) pass with no new information shared. These type cases seem to lose the public interest and push. Sometimes the lack of shared information will cause something important to be missed.

I would also suggest "looking back" at the weeks leading up to June 14th. Was there a change in circumstances, behaviors, patterns, relationships? Are there any pending legal, business, health or family matters? Sometimes taking a fresh look at this can provide ideas or information as to what may have happened.

RW is somewhere (alive or deceased). Someone else likely knows where. Someone saw or has seen something - maybe even something they do not realize they were seeing. Prayers he is located soon.

Add on top of this the nite before he disappeared she booked a trip to Italy for them the night before cawinkie dink huh

Yep, my thoughts too. IMHO, a guy always puts his wallet in his pocket.

:twocents:

Every now and then I can't find my wallet before I'm about to leave for an appointment, etc. -- I then go nuts, looking everywhere... my good natured wife joins me searching high and low to find it - I wouldn't leave the house without it since I'd go bonkers thinking about my credit cards and license and car registration being lost somewhere and getting into the wrong hands...

My husband often gets as far as his car or even down the street without his wallet. But he always comes back for it. He is paranoid about getting a ticket for not carrying his license, also having cash, obviously.

It would be helpful to know if Robert forgot his often, had a routine, kept it in the garage as a rule. Etc.

Body found in water in inwood ny off jamica bay let's hope and pray its not rob

Hopefully this isn't repeating information that's already known but the Facebook page that was set up is no longer available. Not sure what that indicates but I find it odd.

Add on top of this the nite before he disappeared she booked a trip to Italy for them the night before cawinkie dink huh

What does cawinkie dink mean?

After reading all available info, I also believe he left on his own accord. I also feel some info ,like video surveillance footage has not been released by LE . I feel because of what they (LE) have found (or not found) has them feeling a crime was not committed. I also feel that after interviewing co workers and close friends LE are comfortable with their conclusions. As for the front seat of the car being moved up ,it could also mean that someone either was in the backseat and needed to get out or something was retrieved from behind the seat on the floor requiring to be moved forward. The car is a 2004 not a 1964 ,being it's not a custom car ,or vintage so from a guy who it seems to me to have some money (judged by looking at the house) I don't put to much into him leaving it. Besides it sticks out like a sore thumb if he took it with him. I hope for the families sake he drops them a line. A point someone brought up was the headaches he was suffering from according to his wife, maybe this is playing a role in this whole thing. Maybe it was financial.... A couple of people show up for the search? friends/ relatives/co workers no shows? I think that is telling in itself..

If no crime was commited was did they suponea camera footage from the bank of America atm that's rite there also loooking into phone records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member