NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning and thank you all for the welcome.

I wanted to really catch up before I posted again (lol).

My first thought is about the "minimal transaction" at the scrap yard. IMO IM saying this makes it sound like she is familiar with such transaction being done. I would think "minimal" means the smallest transaction allowable without a paper trail (i.e. a small amount of metal scrap would be thought residentail scrap versus a large amount of commercial scrap).

And secondly--this is more for any insider or perhaps one on FB (which I am not on and cannot access any FB postings)---we know very little of RM other than physical. If I were sitting next to him at TGIFridays or fixing coffee next to him at Panera what would jump out at me? Does he whistle, fidget, order very specifically (extra this, substitute that)? Does he use a catch-phrase, stammer?

lucymoosey - I have never followed a case with so little media attention.

It is possible that WSers have called LE for updates while following a case but that's not something I would ever do.

I'm intensely curious about the RM case but I haven't even asked friends who have LE connections to find out for me. Just seems a bit more invasive than googling public records.

Good Morning all and thank you for the welcome!!!!

A couple of randoms to get me going------IM use of the phrase "minimal transaction" regarding the scrap yard--IMO that implies she is familiar with such transactions. Minimal would be to my thinking a small residential amount of scrap versus a larger transaction of commercial scrap and a minimal amount may not require detailed paperwork and ID.

About RM---its my opinion that he is alive and left voluntarily. If I were to bump into him, what would distinguish him? Any quirks or habits? If he was at TGIFridays would he talk about the Mets and order a beer? Would he order a cheeseburger with extra ketchup and a side of bluecheese dressing? Does he whistle alot or crack his knuckles? Use a particular catch-phrase? I am sure an insider can shed light on this. I am not on FB so I am getting my info here.

Was RM paid for working that Friday or paid on Friday??

And last--THE CAR--boy (lol) it does get talked about----was the passenger seat moved up or back? Seats moved forward would mean something/someone in the back.
Again--all MOO.

For Heaven's sake--- I edited and reposted myself---welcome to a Hot Cawfee Monday!!! Apologies to the group

A couple of randoms to get me going------IM use of the phrase "minimal transaction" regarding the scrap yard--IMO that implies she is familiar with such transactions. Minimal would be to my thinking a small residential amount of scrap versus a larger transaction of commercial scrap and a minimal amount may not require detailed paperwork and ID.

Again--all MOO.

Jmo--"minimal" to me, the way she used it and based on her other lack of words, sounds more like she is protecting his reputation. I can't blame her, no one wants dirty laundry (if any) aired. She doesn't want her husband viewed as a thief of some sort. And I get that, totally.

Jmo--"minimal" to me, the way she used it and based on her other lack of words, sounds more like she is protecting his reputation. I can't blame her, no one wants dirty laundry (if any) aired. She doesn't want her husband viewed as a thief of some sort. And I get that, totally.

Jerry516 How much of value could he possibly have/hold in his sports car?

What is driving me crazy is no pings by the scrap metal place. Isn't there a tower close to there??

I'm willing to bet there was no receipt. Cash transaction, no receipt, no cameras.

I think RM's car would have been put in the crusher if the scrap yard were involved (another Walter White parallel right there). JMO

I am interested in how they got confirmation that he was there though.

OT: LOL @ Walter White ... LOVED that show!

What is driving me crazy is no pings by the scrap metal place. Isn't there a tower close to there??

Well, I was just thinking that if I said the transaction was $100, and he went there regularly, all those 100's add up. People would start snooping/digging/asking questions. If it was found out he was doing this regularly, he could have pocketed even a grand a month just in scrap.

People would start thinking he is stealing regularly, like he's some kind of petty thief. Just wouldn't look good for his, IM, or the family's reputation. My only point is, her saying "minimal" sort of nips it in the bud and down plays any possible thoughts people may have of him.

---as far as the ping---something is wrong. phone should have definitely have pinged a few times in the 30 mins from 2:15--2:45. Although industrial, it wasn't like he was in some back woods are of PA.

I'm willing to bet there was no receipt. Cash transaction, no receipt, no cameras.

I think RM's car would have been put in the crusher if the scrap yard were involved (another Walter White parallel right there). JMO

I am interested in how they got confirmation that he was there though.

BBM: Not necessarily ... if they wanted it to look as if he drove away.

JMO MOO

I just saw that IM has some answers, waiting on more answers. Very cryptic but IMO not helping search efforts. We keep banging our heads against walls.

Is this from FB? If so, could you please attach the link to the page?

I'm on one group, but not sure if there's another one.

OOPS .... never mind, I saw someone posted the link. :)

TY

A few thoughts:

As for the 'phone' calls, you can always have TWO phones, an extra prepaid phone.

I agree. And how do they get off with 'oh, our security cameras' were not working and how long were they not working for?

I have nothing to add but will again when I discuss case with a police captain and former detective I know...unfortunately not in Long Island..but I am sure they will have way more insights to share than I ever will. Also, I think it was mentioned on here- though I could be totally wrong- there was some sort of family member in law enforcement? If so, I would really think LE would have been working MUCH faster than this. I read on FB the wife says the car is still being processed. 5 weeks? The poor lady.. She has the patience and strength of a saint.

I'm sure they very well could have been 'messed with' ... as in turned off conveniently, if need be.

Well, I was just thinking that if I said the transaction was $100, and he went there regularly, all those 100's add up. People would start snooping/digging/asking questions. If it was found out he was doing this regularly, he could have pocketed even a grand a month just in scrap.

People would start thinking he is stealing regularly, like he's some kind of petty thief. Just wouldn't look good for his, IM, or the family's reputation. My only point is, her saying "minimal" sort of nips it in the bud and down plays any possible thoughts people may have of him.

---as far as the ping---something is wrong. phone should have definitely have pinged a few times in the 30 mins from 2:15--2:45. Although industrial, it wasn't like he was in some back woods are of PA.

Ok I see what you were thinking.

Also why they haven't searched there is so weird to me. Its beyond weird. Why don't you search a area he was last seen at?

Also Amber Debois was missing walking to school. LE brought search dogs to location and lost her scent. After months and months went by her family hired tracking dogs which led her scent near where she was found.

What if RM **TURNED OFF THE PHONE** because he was AT the SCRAP YARD??? What if he didn't want his employer (he was carrying an employer-provided cell phone) to be able to track him to the scrap yard? He wouldn't get pings there and the employer wouldn't know about "minimal transactions" he was getting for "scrap." Perhaps it wasn't RM's scrap...and perhaps this was a habit of RM when he went to the scrap yards and it was never noticed before because he didn't disappear before...

Food for thought...:twocents:

MOO and all that

What if RM **TURNED OFF THE PHONE** because he was AT the SCRAP YARD??? What if he didn't want his employer (he was carrying an employer-provided cell phone) to be able to track him to the scrap yard? He wouldn't get pings there and the employer wouldn't know about "minimal transactions" he was getting for "scrap." Perhaps it wasn't RM's scrap...and perhaps this was a habit of RM when he went to the scrap yards and it was never noticed before because he didn't disappear before...

MOO and all that

I think this is the most logical explanation.

MOO and all that

Yes that could be what happen. Good thinking!

Good Monday morning. Snips and Bolds by me.

I defer to the more senior WS'ers- without the media involved on this case, is there any way to obtain an "update" on the case from LE- in other words, just as a "concerned community member"? Will they give any generic updates such as, we have a person of interest but are not releasing any other information as it is a pending investigation? Or would they tell the community that they reclassified it as a crime or suspicious circumstances, rather than their initial statement that no crime was committed?
I just wondered if other WS'ers have followed cases where the media isn't heavily involved (like this one! so frustrating!) Does LE issue any type of updates to the community, upon request?
Share your thoughts, I am newer to WS..... would love to hear your thoughts about this.

My experience is that LE releases/statements vary depending on several factors. Cases heavily covered in the media (with media pressing LE for information) tend to get more from LE - even if it is just a repeat of what has been said or implied already. LE usually releases the things they determine need to be released at the time. I do not think a member of the community could get any information that is not being made public - unless there is a political connection. Though these past weeks have been a long time (sad) for family and friends, a month is a relatively short time for completing an investigation in "unusual cases". We may (or may not) get new/updated reports from LE in the future. Or we may only hear that LE has found - no evidence of criminal activity. Or we may hear of a sudden arrest or finding.
Come on up, there is room on :fence:

And secondly---we know very little of RM other than physical. If I were sitting next to him at TGIFridays or fixing coffee next to him at Panera what would jump out at me? Does he whistle, fidget, order very specifically (extra this, substitute that)? Does he use a catch-phrase, stammer?

hot cawfee, good question. Certainly information that would be useful if he is out there on the move.

A few thoughts: As for the 'phone' calls, you can always have TWO phones, an extra prepaid phone.

For sure, I think it is referred to as a "burner" phone. Non trackable. I've heard them discussed primarily on TV.

About RM---its my opinion that he is alive and left voluntarily. If I were to bump into him, what would distinguish him? Any quirks or habits? If he was at TGIFridays would he talk about the Mets and order a beer? Would he order a cheeseburger with extra ketchup and a side of bluecheese dressing? Does he whistle alot or crack his knuckles? Use a particular catch-phrase? I am sure an insider can shed light on this. I am not on FB so I am getting my info here.

Was RM paid for working that Friday or paid on Friday??

And last--THE CAR--boy (lol) it does get talked about----was the passenger seat moved up or back? Seats moved forward would mean something/someone in the back.
Again--all MOO.

Bolded by me

Interesting take on the car, but I think when LE said the car seat was up, it suggests the possibility it was moved up because the driver was shorter. Does anyone know for sure what LE meant?

After more reading up on everything and finding out some other things I was not aware of before, I have now come to the conclusion that as others have said for a while on here.. There is much more than meets the eye.

Still at a loss, of course but definitely something more going on than I could ever possibly be aware of on my own.

I will keep reading but not posting since really there is nothing I have to say. Just go with my gut feeling now.
I only pray he is found safe and answers come soon. No kid should ever have to go through this.
But I am going under the belief now that all is certainly not as always as it appears in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot