NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. This article states last sighting was at the scrap yard.

States Wife knew there were no cameras at the station. Also, “He… didn't trust that train station as there are many cars broken into. If he were to take that train he would borrow another car to leave at [the] station,” said Ida.

States seat was pushed forward.

This is important:

"That absence of cameras also means there is no footage of Robert or his car entering the station. Police dogs searched the area within a day of the car’s discovery, as well as the grounds of Pilgrim State Psychiatric Center (though they did not sniff the Arrow Scrap yard), but did not pick up his scent. Investigators also examined video from a nearby candy store which has a security cam, though that does not seem to have turned up any clues.

http://www.longisland.com/news/07-17-13/dix-hills-man-robert-mayer-missing-for-over-a-month.html

Ok. This article states last sighting was at the scrap yard.

States Wife knew there were no cameras at the station. Also, “He… didn't trust that train station as there are many cars broken into. If he were to take that train he would borrow another car to leave at [the] station,” said Ida.

States seat was pushed forward.

This is important:

"That absence of cameras also means there is no footage of Robert or his car entering the station. Police dogs searched the area within a day of the car’s discovery, as well as the grounds of Pilgrim State Psychiatric Center (though they did not sniff the Arrow Scrap yard), but did not pick up his scent. Investigators also examined video from a nearby candy store which has a security cam, though that does not seem to have turned up any clues.

http://www.longisland.com/news/07-17-13/dix-hills-man-robert-mayer-missing-for-over-a-month.html

No scent? Is that what you're saying?
I'm confused.

If so, then that means he wasn't there? Then who was?

This is my :twocents:, but I think that if he told his wife he knew there were no cameras at that station, it would be the perfect place to leave a car if you wanted to "get away from it all".

This is my :twocents:, but I think that if he told his wife he knew there were no cameras at that station, it would be the perfect place to leave a car if you wanted to "get away from it all".

Thanks Kimster. My first gut impulse was that he left.
But, after reading further still on the fence. :fence:

For someone who never took the train ( or at least hasn't in years), why would he know this, or even mention it to IM? How would he know cameras weren't installed in the 6 or so years he hasn't rode the train ( according to NCNY)? Was he scoping out an escape route???

Maybe he mentioned or noticed the lack of cameras because he was so attached to his car?

Good point and I have been leaning toward he chose to leave on his own and is in the wind.

Now I see the report that dogs searched at the train station and did not pick up RM's scent. Humm. Since RM's car was found the next day (Sat) -relatively quickly - one would expect the dogs to pick up on RM's scent from car to train station.

Do we know the date the dogs searched at the train station?
If RM did in fact drive to and park at the train station, what are some factors that could have made his scent not be able to be picked up by search dogs?

A gap I am still seeing is - RM is reported as "last seen" at Arrow Scrap; and this is reportedly a place that search dogs did not search. Hummm. What makes LE think there is nothing criminal yet no search done at the last place he was seen?

Any additional insights on these ponderings?

Still cross questions & crooked answers. Hops off :fence: :banghead::banghead: and hops back :fence:

With dogs, it pretty much comes down to their training. But if done within a week or so, they should have had a scent, if he parked that car, IMO.

Good point and I have been leaning toward he chose to leave on his own and is in the wind.

Now I see the report that dogs searched at the train station and did not pick up RM's scent. Humm. Since RM's car was found the next day (Sat) -relatively quickly - one would expect the dogs to pick up on RM's scent from car to train station.

Do we know the date the dogs searched at the train station?
If RM did in fact drive to and park at the train station, what are some factors that could have made his scent not be able to be picked up by search dogs?

A gap I am still seeing is - RM is reported as "last seen" at Arrow Scrap; and this is reportedly a place that search dogs did not search. Hummm. What makes LE think there is nothing criminal yet no search done at the last place he was seen?

Any additional insights on these ponderings?

Still cross questions & crooked answers. Hops off :fence: :banghead::banghead: and hops back :fence:

Perhaps the scrap yard witness saw RM leave in his car, and that's why they didn't search there? Pretty interesting that the dogs didn't pick up his scent by the train station...makes me think he did not park the car there himself. I've been sitting on the fence this whole time and still can't hop off. :fence:

Either his wife or an insider did clarify that although he preferred driving into work, what they meant by "he'd never leave his car at the station" was that he wouldn't leave it at night, or overnight, or for a weekend. But during a workday, it might happen, even though/if he didn't like to take the train. Besides, cameras or not, a car isn't any safer on the streets of Brooklyn than it is in a train station parking lot (with or sans cameras).

Either his wife or an insider did clarify that although he preferred driving into work, what they meant by "he'd never leave his car at the station" was that he wouldn't leave it at night, or overnight, or for a weekend. But during a workday, it might happen, even though/if he didn't like to take the train. Besides, cameras or not, a car isn't any safer on the streets of Brooklyn than it is in a train station parking lot (with or sans cameras).

True, but the one thing we actually do know (or do we?) is that he is confirmed at work WITH the car that morning, so the train station doesn't really come into play regarding his job on this particular day.

But a new theory which would open up a whole new world here is---are you ready---how sure are we he actually drove there? Everyone seems to be amazed that no cameras at the job location's lot picks up the car. The cameras pick up some of the cars on the street also ( see the FB pics). They claim cameras everywhere but no site of the car.

Lets suppose everyone just Assumes he drove in, because he always did. What if this particular day he decided to take the train, for whatever crazy reason. It certainly explains no sighting of the car, and a spot up front near the platform.

Maybe gets a ride home from someone (explains the phone ping), or supposedly gets a ride home, until foul pay ensues from there? Doesn't explain the scrap yard though.

True, but the one thing we actually do know (or do we?) is that he is confirmed at work WITH the car that morning, so the train station doesn't really come into play regarding his job on this particular day.

But a new theory which would open up a whole new world here is---are you ready---how sure are we he actually drove there? Everyone seems to be amazed that no cameras at the job location's lot picks up the car. The cameras pick up some of the cars on the street also ( see the FB pics). They claim cameras everywhere but no site of the car.

Lets suppose everyone just Assumes he drove in, because he always did. What if this particular day he decided to take the train, for whatever crazy reason. It certainly explains no sighting of the car, and a spot up front near the platform.

Maybe gets a ride home from someone (explains the phone ping), or supposedly gets a ride home, until foul pay ensues from there? Doesn't explain the scrap yard though.

I thought we had confirmation of a sighting of RM and car at work, no???

I recall reading that coworkers confirmed they saw him and the car.

Yes, I believe it was confirmed. But I'm starting to have my doubts about the guys at work too. Your coworker is missing 2 weeks, you only mention the scrap yard because you are asked 2 weeks later? Then he just happens to have gone there??? I dunno, something is fishy here my friends.

I would love to know for 100% certainty his car was there. For the sake of creating more chaos, I do truly believe it was there, I'm just throwing other "what ifs" out there. Plus, why go to the scrap yard via train, unless you had some copper in a duffle bag or something.

I took that to mean wife knew after the fact there were no cameras. after he went missing.

edit --- nevermind just re-read it.

There is some wording in this recent article that is bothering me
"His possible whereabouts has been scarce since". What exactly does this mean? Or is it just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader