NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they mean no scent leading away from the car?

http://www.longisland.com/news/07-17-13/dix-hills-man-robert-mayer-missing-for-over-a-month.html
"Police dogs searched the area within a day of the car’s discovery, as well as the grounds of Pilgrim State Psychiatric Center (though they did not sniff the Arrow Scrap yard), but did not pick up his scent."

Can anyone make sense of how there was no scent of Robert Mayer in Robert Mayer's car?

Where does it state "in the car"? Dogs sniffed the area AROUND it? Or am I missing something?

There is some wording in this recent article that is bothering me
"His possible whereabouts has been scarce since". What exactly does this mean? Or is it just me.

Please post the link? Never mind, got it. They were referring to the information being scarce.

Thanks Jerry just something about it still bothering me.

The timeline is posted on Facebook. I've been trying to copy and paste etc. but this technological moron can't figure out how to do it.

There is some wording in this recent article that is bothering me
"His possible whereabouts has been scarce since". What exactly does this mean? Or is it just me.

The exact quote is (BBM) "information on his possible whereabouts has been scarce since". No kidding, getting information is like pulling teeth.

Where does it state "in the car"? Dogs sniffed the area AROUND it? Or am I missing something?
I only see link to article that says, "around it", but inside or around the car, shouldn't Robert's scent be there? How could there be no scent? On the door handle? Elsewhere on the car? ... picking up "no scent" seems off, imo.

The timeline is posted on Facebook. I've been trying to copy and paste etc. but this technological moron can't figure out how to do it.

You're doing better than me I'm just seeing a timeline with empty boxes!

I only see link to article that says, "around it", but inside or around the car, shouldn't Robert's scent be there? How could there be no scent? On the door handle? Elsewhere on the car? ... picking up "no scent" seems off, imo.

Furthermore, shouldn't there have been a scouring for DNA samples throughout the vehicle? Maybe there has been. Perhaps there is DNA that does not belong to Robert or Ida. LE should have even checked the trunk for possible DNA.

I agree there should be some type of scent! I wonder if they dusted it for fingerprints? It would be interesting if there were also no prints found.

There is some wording in this recent article that is bothering me "His possible whereabouts has been scarce since". What exactly does this mean? Or is it just me.

Toto2, the way that was phrased caught my eye also - read it twice.

Scent. RM's scent would naturally be in the car. If his foot hit the pavement, it should be there too. And trail to somewhere - entrance to train platform, to center of road and disappear (got in a car), or where ever. He didn't just evaporate in the car. If they found no scent outside the car at the station, sure makes me wonder if he drove the car there and parked.

I yie yie - circles.

Sorry I know we're not suppose to use FB but the 2:45 time of car seen in driveway was apparently misinformation from NCNY and the last known sighting of RM was the scrap metal yard. Just don't know what to believe at this point.

Toto2, the way that was phrased caught my eye also - read it twice.

Scent. RM's scent would naturally be in the car. If his foot hit the pavement, it should be there too. And trail to somewhere - entrance to train platform, to center of road and disappear (got in a car), or where ever. He didn't just evaporate in the car. If they found no scent outside the car at the station, sure makes me wonder if he drove the car there and parked.

I yie yie - circles.

I'm with you on this one!

Somebody else must have driven that car to the parking lot. Nothing else can account for no scent, correct? Even if he exited his car and went right into another car - the area around where the car was parked should have his scent, as far as I know. :twocents:

Some of the boxes are cut off for me. This is what I get. June 14-15

4:30 am-Rob left for work, forgot his wallet
9:00am-Rob talks to his wife via cell phone from the
12:30pm-co-worker confirms seeing Rob and car in
1:45pm-police confirm phone ping near route
2:15pm-Robert was later confirmed at Arrow scrap in West Babylon
2:45pm-police confirm phone is turned
3:00pm-Rob normally home from work between 3 and 4
4:45pm-Ida calls Rob's phone and goes to voice mail
6:30pm-Ida calls co-workers of Rob and Rob's boss. They haven't seen him since earlier but agree to search at work. Ida also calls her brother in law and friend who are police and
8:00pm-Ida's brother in law arrives. Starts calling police stations and hospitals etc. meanwhile Rob's friends search in Brooklyn.
1:00am-Ida officially reports Rob missing
8:30pm-Friends of Ida's after searching all day see Rob's car at Deer Park LIRR station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13