NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.longisland.com/news/07-17-13/dix-hills-man-robert-mayer-missing-for-over-a-month.html
"Police dogs searched the area within a day of the car’s discovery, as well as the grounds of Pilgrim State Psychiatric Center (though they did not sniff the Arrow Scrap yard), but did not pick up his scent."

Can anyone make sense of how there was no scent of Robert Mayer in Robert Mayer's car?

Toto2, the way that was phrased caught my eye also - read it twice.

Scent. RM's scent would naturally be in the car. If his foot hit the pavement, it should be there too. And trail to somewhere - entrance to train platform, to center of road and disappear (got in a car), or where ever. He didn't just evaporate in the car. If they found no scent outside the car at the station, sure makes me wonder if he drove the car there and parked.

I yie yie - circles.

With all due respect but I think too much is read into the phrase "no scent".

It says the dogs sniffed "the area", and I understand it to mean, the parking lot, the surrounding streets and fields or whatever is there, and did not find his scent leading away from the car. I would strongly assume that they did find his scent in, on and around the car, but not any further. This could mean he immediately hopped into another car after exiting his.

Some of the boxes are cut off for me. This is what I get. June 14-15

4:30 am-Rob left for work, forgot his wallet
9:00am-Rob talks to his wife via cell phone from the
12:30pm-co-worker confirms seeing Rob and car in
1:45pm-police confirm phone ping near route
2:15pm-Robert was later confirmed at Arrow scrap in West Babylon
2:45pm-police confirm phone is turned
3:00pm-Rob normally home from work between 3 and 4
4:45pm-Ida calls Rob's phone and goes to voice mail
6:30pm-Ida calls co-workers of Rob and Rob's boss. They haven't seen him since earlier but agree to search at work. Ida also calls her brother in law and friend who are police and
8:00pm-Ida's brother in law arrives. Starts calling police stations and hospitals etc. meanwhile Rob's friends search in Brooklyn.
1:00am-Ida officially reports Rob missing
8:30pm-Friends of Ida's after searching all day see Rob's car at Deer Park LIRR station.

What stands out to me with this timeline is the quick response from Ida's brother and friend. He was only missing for 4 hours when they started to call police stations and hospitals at 8pm, and friends start searching for him in Brooklyn.

Does this sound very quick to you too? As if they had a gut feeling that something was wrong?

With all due respect but I think too much is read into the phrase "no scent".

It says the dogs sniffed "the area", and I understand it to mean, the parking lot, the surrounding streets and fields or whatever is there, and did not find his scent leading away from the car. I would strongly assume that they did find his scent in, on and around the car, but not any further. This could mean he immediately hopped into another car after exiting his.

What stands out to me with this timeline is the quick response from Ida's brother and friend. He was only missing for 4 hours when they started to call police stations and hospitals at 8pm, and friends start searching for him in Brooklyn.

Does this sound very quick to you too? As if they had a gut feeling that something was wrong?

I don't know...if he was always punctual and his not being home by 6 the latest is so out of the ordinary, I think I'd go straight into panic mode. Especially if I couldn't get through to his phone. It would be one thing if he usually came home "whenever", but since his not coming home was so out of character they most likely immediately thought something was wrong.

Some of the boxes are cut off for me. This is what I get. June 14-15
6:30pm-Ida calls co-workers of Rob and Rob's boss. They haven't seen him since earlier but agree to search at work. Ida also calls her brother in law and friend who are police and

Not the first time I thought of Walter White when it comes to this case.

Yup, a possibility.

The location of the LI Ave scrap yard to the train station just makes me suspicious...

The only reason it doesn't make me suspcious is because the co-workers knew the exact scrap yard. So either a lot of them go to this particular one, because they "know a guy", or perhaps as someone mentioned earlier, maybe they make better deals than the other, or perhaps RM spoke about it often.

With all the scrap yards on LI, especially near his home, this particular one was known to his group of co-workers. And as you mentioned, he had to drive out of his way to get to it.

JMO, but I think he was instructed to stop posting.:twocents:

No, he was NOT asked to stop posting. You guys all need to stop discussing other members. It's a rules violation and if it keeps up, I'm going to zap a few with my ray gun. :saber:

No, he was NOT asked to stop posting. You guys all need to stop discussing other members. It's a rules violation and if it keeps up, I'm going to zap a few with my ray gun. :saber:

I'm sorry! Please don't zap me. Seriously, I apologize - my intentions weren't to discuss another member.

Somebody else must have driven that car to the parking lot. Nothing else can account for no scent, correct? Even if he exited his car and went right into another car - the area around where the car was parked should have his scent, as far as I know. :twocents:

You would think LE would have said possible foul play since dogs got no scent.

(Catching up).

I don't think Vedder was guessing that WS asked him to stop posting. I think he/she was guessing it was LE or family that instructed him to stop.

The only reason it doesn't make me suspcious is because the co-workers knew the exact scrap yard. So either a lot of them go to this particular one, because they "know a guy", or perhaps as someone mentioned earlier, maybe they make better deals than the other, or perhaps RM spoke about it often.

With all the scrap yards on LI, especially near his home, this particular one was known to his group of co-workers. And as you mentioned, he had to drive out of his way to get to it.

Yeah but IM didn't know about it herself so that leads me to believe this wasn't a regular transaction.

Snipped:

Yes as per snipped:

Something I was thinking about.... way back it was mentioned how his wife called LE at 6pm when he hadn't come home yet. That's seems rather quick to do. Does it mean anything?

Now please, this is not meant as anything negative toward his poor, worried family.. so please Kimster holster your ray gun...
Robert sounds a bit like me - I would go straight home after work. Would never go off without telling my wife. Robert seems very family oriented!

My husband has a routine, but it would be hours before I would call LE, if he was not home on time. I would for sure wait until after dark at least (psychologically, if not logical.)

Yup, a possibility.

The location of the LI Ave scrap yard to the train station just makes me suspicious...
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...F-8&ei=8BHoUaDnJfTC4AOj_oCgCQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg
Route from Scrap yard to Train Station.
It would appear that someone other than Rob left the car at the Train Station.
RM's wife just reported that the car did not have the steering safety clutch on, and RM always put this safety device in place, when he left the car in an unsafe area.
If info we have is correct, something happened at location A (scrap yard) or between A and B (Deer Park Train Sta.).
Just my opinion. Also...this is not a nice area, at all.

Yeah but IM didn't know about it herself so that leads me to believe this wasn't a regular transaction.
I'm guessing this was a highly irregular transaction, what that entails, is a good Q.
But it messes up my theory that he ran off with another woman.
Who sets out to run off with a lover, and stops at a scrap yard first, for a "small transaction"? Doesn't add up, imo.

My SIL is an Electrician. He is assigned different places, one being in Brooklyn. He always drives in. He picks up a co-worker around 445am. He says having a co-worker with him, he gets to take the HOV lane and gets home in record time. I wonder if he ever had a co-worker with him, esp that day. He seemed to get home fairly early that afternoon, imo.

Also my SIL has a picture id, that he wears around his neck in a holder. His license is in there along with a credit card. He needs this ID because they just will not let you in buildings without it. Security reasons after 911.

I'm guessing this was a highly irregular transaction, what that entails, is a good Q.
But it messes up my theory that he ran off with another woman.
Who sets out to run off with a lover, and stops at a scrap yard first, for a "small transaction"? Doesn't add up, imo.

Unless GF water broke. JMO he was just going home that day, and she called him after that.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...F-8&ei=8BHoUaDnJfTC4AOj_oCgCQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg
Route from Scrap yard to Train Station.
It would appear that someone other than Rob left the car at the Train Station.
RM's wife just reported that the car did not have the steering safety clutch on, and RM always put this safety device in place, when he left the car in an unsafe area.
If info we have is correct, something happened at location A (scrap yard) or between A and B (Deer Park Train Sta.).
Just my opinion. Also...this is not a nice area, at all.

Thanks for the map. What's at the corner @Acorn where all those cars are?
Then large empty lot? Then heading east, body of water @ corner of Adams.
Then buildings, what type of buildings? Maybe I should try the little google man.

Grasping here. I saw new FB posts.

Unless GF water broke. JMO he was just going home that day, and she called him after that.

Then the GF would call the plumber, not the electrician. :drumroll:

Ok just a little bit of humor for a gloomy thread, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez