NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody else must have driven that car to the parking lot. Nothing else can account for no scent, correct? Even if he exited his car and went right into another car - the area around where the car was parked should have his scent, as far as I know. :twocents:

I think it would have Vedder. Although I am not educated on scent detection and whether weather conditions or other things impact it's detection. Maybe a WS poster with more knowledge will weigh-in.

Thank you Clemenza for posting the timeline. The items included make me feel that there were several contacts made early on with appropriate contacts.

At the end of the day I don't know if it has any bearing on the case but, I'm curious to know how many people here have the phone numbers to their spouses co-workers and boss. At 6:30 Ida starts calling them. She has their cell numbers but Rob hasn't received a call all day aside from Ida's 9:00am call. Not only is she calling them but they agree to search for Rob. Yet, Rob normally arrives home between 3-4. So Rob can leave everyday at what...2:00pm to be home from Brooklyn between 3 and 4? But co-workers are taking calls from her at 6:30pm and agreeing to search for him? What time do they leave? Maybe there are multiple shifts on site. Maybe even 24 hours, 3 eight hour shifts. She has the numbers of workers that do not share the same shift as Rob? Eh....just thinking out loud.

Some of the boxes are cut off for me. This is what I get. June 14-15

4:30 am-Rob left for work, forgot his wallet
9:00am-Rob talks to his wife via cell phone from the
12:30pm-co-worker confirms seeing Rob and car in
1:45pm-police confirm phone ping near route
2:15pm-Robert was later confirmed at Arrow scrap in West Babylon
2:45pm-police confirm phone is turned
3:00pm-Rob normally home from work between 3 and 4
4:45pm-Ida calls Rob's phone and goes to voice mail
6:30pm-Ida calls co-workers of Rob and Rob's boss. They haven't seen him since earlier but agree to search at work. Ida also calls her brother in law and friend who are police and
8:00pm-Ida's brother in law arrives. Starts calling police stations and hospitals etc. meanwhile Rob's friends search in Brooklyn.
1:00am-Ida officially reports Rob missing

8:30pm-Friends of Ida's after searching all day see Rob's car at Deer Park LIRR station.

Thanks Clemenza, I couldn't read the timeline either. Perhaps they need to rectify that on FB. Can anyone see what's cut off the timeline?
Why do a spreadsheet, I suggest a simple list :twocents:
I appreciate the effort, but if we can't see it, then many reading FB can't either :(

Above is BBM; So BIL/friend is police according to this. That's interesting.
Is BIL OR friend police or both?

At the end of the day I don't know if it has any bearing on the case but, I'm curious to know how many people here have the phone numbers to their spouses co-workers and boss. At 6:30 Ida starts calling them. She has their cell numbers but Rob hasn't received a call all day aside from Ida's 9:00am call. Not only is she calling them but they agree to search for Rob. Yet, Rob normally arrives home between 3-4. So Rob can leave everyday at what...2:00pm to be home from Brooklyn between 3 and 4? But co-workers are taking calls from her at 6:30pm and agreeing to search for him? What time do they leave? Maybe there are multiple shifts on site. Maybe even 24 hours, 3 eight hour shifts. She has the numbers of workers that do not share the same shift as Rob? Eh....just thinking out loud.

I have a contact list at work with spouses, part timers, few close friends etc.
We use it often. We are 2 women with small business. If one of us is there alone, and God forbid something happens..... it's kept right next to the phone along with State Police direct number. They are 1/2 mile down the road.

It's not unusual IMO for IM to have boss' # and perhaps a few co-workers/friends. :twocents:

Ok. So last sighting at scrap yard. No search with dogs. Car found at train station. No scent. So he went somewhere after scrap yard. And his car was driven to the train station by someone short. If car was processed and fingerprints taken, and let's say only family prints were found, then only family were in the car. RM reported missing at 6pm to police (this has been bothering me since previously posted)

I'm starting to think very bad thoughts.

Ok. So last sighting at scrap yard. No search with dogs. Car found at train station. No scent. So he went somewhere after scrap yard. And his car was driven to the train station by someone short. If car was processed and fingerprints taken, and let's say only family prints were found, then only family were in the car. RM reported missing at 6pm to police (this has been bothering me since previously posted)

I'm starting to think very bad thoughts.

BBM: according to time line he was officially reported missing at 1AM, see above.

Ooops. Thank you. Reported to BIL and friend who are LE at 8pm. Officially reported at 1am.

It's hard to clear the head of all the older timelines and conflicting reports.

Above BBM - I don't believe it's been confirmed that there were no calls after IM's 9am call.

What's been nagging at me is if he's normally home between 3 and 4, why was his phone pinging at 1:45 in Huntington? That would bring him home at 2. Why did he leave work early?

The timeline has been posted in pdf format on FB. It's easier to read now.

<modsnip>

JMO, but I think he was instructed to stop posting.:twocents:

Above BBM - I don't believe it's been confirmed that there were no calls after IM's 9am call.

What's been nagging at me is if he's normally home between 3 and 4, why was his phone pinging at 1:45 in Huntington? That would bring him home at 2. Why did he leave work early?

:twocents: On Friday maybe cut out early for weekend?
We do it all the time.

Something that's bothering me from the latest article:

http://www.longisland.com/news/07-17-13/dix-hills-man-robert-mayer-missing-for-over-a-month.html

“He… didn't trust that train station as there are many cars broken into. If he were to take that train he would borrow another car to leave at [the] station,” said Ida.

To me that means he thinks.... it's ok to borrow a car to park there that may get broken into/trashed, etc... but not MY car..... Sheesh! Wonder who would lend him a car???

Of course - that's what "IM" said - we don't have that coming straight from him.

(Note to self... if RM asks to borrow my car... say NO!) :snooty:

So no pings from phone for one hour before it goes dead.

Does anyone know if an iPhone 4s drops service when the battery gets very low?

It would be interesting to know if he had a car charger.

“He… didn't trust that train station as there are many cars broken into. If he were to take that train he would borrow another car to leave at [the] station,” said Ida.

To me that means he thinks.... it's ok to borrow a car to park there that may get broken into/trashed, etc... but not MY car..... Sheesh! Wonder who would lend him a car???

I took this to mean IM's or perhaps one of her parent's cars (her parents live around the block from the Ms).

Perhaps the scrap yard witness saw RM leave in his car, and that's why they didn't search there? Pretty interesting that the dogs didn't pick up his scent by the train station...makes me think he did not park the car there himself. I've been sitting on the fence this whole time and still can't hop off. :fence:

I'm with you Vedder. Some days I'm on one side of that fence and some days the other.

Hopefully there was more than one scrap yard witness and they are complete strangers to each other. Know what I'm saying?

Yes I find that very strange. How could there be no scent too!

Perhaps:

- he wasn't in the car as a driver or a passenger
- he was carried out

Both make me :scared:

His car being at the Deer Park train station from the scrap yard (without the no-longer-a-factor stop home) just does not make sense.

If he went on his own accord, he could have taken a train closer to the scrap yard. That would seem the safer choice as he wouldn't see anyone he knew. Unless, because of a pre-arranged plan, he was meeting someone. But then someone else would be missing, too, and we don't have that.

If he ran into bad guys, then it would seem to me that it would have happened closer to home and the Deer Park train station..

I still keep homing in on the Long Island Ave scrap yard. Why would RM go all the way to West Babylon when there is a scrap yard minutes from his home? Perhaps he was selling a little at one scrap yard and a little at another so as not to raise any eyebrows about the quantity of <whatever> he was selling.

I'm with you Vedder. Some days I'm on one side of that fence and some days the other.

Hopefully there was more than one scrap yard witness and they are complete strangers to each other. Know what I'm saying?

Yup.

I'm on the fence so much my butt fell asleep :fence:

Perhaps:

- he wasn't in the car as a driver or a passenger
- he was carried out

Both make me :scared:

His car being at the Deer Park train station from the scrap yard (without the no-longer-a-factor stop home) just does not make sense.

If he went on his own accord, he could have taken a train closer to the scrap yard. That would seem the safer choice as he wouldn't see anyone he knew. Unless, because of a pre-arranged plan, he was meeting someone. But then someone else would be missing, too, and we don't have that.

If he ran into bad guys, then it would seem to me that it would have happened closer to home and the Deer Park train station..

I still keep homing in on the Long Island Ave scrap yard. Why would RM go all the way to West Babylon when there is a scrap yard minutes from his home? Perhaps he was selling a little at one scrap yard and a little at another so as not to raise any eyebrows about the quantity of <whatever> he was selling.

BBM - if he had "a guy" at the WB scrap yard, it would make sense to go there rather than the Long Island Ave yard. Especially if he didn't have any ID on him. Maybe he got better deals at Arrow. :twocents:

BBM - if he had "a guy" at the WB scrap yard, it would make sense to go there rather than the Long Island Ave yard. Especially if he didn't have any ID on him. Maybe he got better deals at Arrow. :twocents:

Yup, a possibility.

The location of the LI Ave scrap yard to the train station just makes me suspicious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader