NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the map. What's at the corner @Acorn where all those cars are?
Then large empty lot? Then heading east, body of water @ corner of Adams.
Then buildings, what type of buildings? Maybe I should try the little google man.

Grasping here. I saw new FB posts.
Yea, try the little "google man", ;) I really don't know what's in the buildings there... could be anything.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...F-8&ei=8BHoUaDnJfTC4AOj_oCgCQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg
Route from Scrap yard to Train Station.
It would appear that someone other than Rob left the car at the Train Station.
RM's wife just reported that the car did not have the steering safety clutch on, and RM always put this safety device in place, when he left the car in an unsafe area.
If info we have is correct, something happened at location A (scrap yard) or between A and B (Deer Park Train Sta.).
Just my opinion. Also...this is not a nice area, at all.

This is giving me a sick feeling. You're right, it isn't the best area. I'm afraid he was accosted either at, or leaving, the scrap yard. :scared:

Yea, try the little "google man", ;) I really don't know what's in the buildings there... could be anything.

Thanks, I thought maybe someone local could help.
I'm not good with google man. :blushing:

From what I did see, the area doesn't look that bad to me. Open and wide, plenty of cars around etc. Especially mid afternoon. But WTHDIK?

I also wonder about the "transaction". Could it have been something else?

Thanks, I thought maybe someone local could help.
I'm not good with google man. :blushing:

From what I did see, the area doesn't look that bad to me. Open and wide, plenty of cars around etc. Especially mid afternoon. But WTHDIK?

I also wonder about the "transaction". Could it have been something else?

None of these are "great areas" that you would want your children playing around. However, it is broad day light, and even though industrial, there are plenty of workers in the area.

As much as I believe something went really wrong after he left there, it would be hard for me to believe he was acosted in plain view. Unless of course, he went to the scrap area and they "took him in the back" for some reason.

None of these are "great areas" that you would want your children playing around. However, it is broad day light, and even though industrial, there are plenty of workers in the area.

As much as I believe something went really wrong after he left there, it would be hard for me to believe he was acosted in plain view. Unless of course, he went to the scrap area and they "took him in the back" for some reason.

Thanks Jer. I understand not a play area for kids, but "industrial" with numerous businesses and employees.
I see many businesses @ intersection of Deer Park Ave. including Dunkin Donuts etc. Could he have taken that route? IDK.

I find it hard to fathom a street smart, big guy who is from the area was accosted in the afternoon. Doesn't make sense, unless something else was going on.

Based on the Find RM FB - there is an interesting conversation that I can paraphrase, happening today.

IM is asking if anyone knows of how to find out who a "restricted" phone number belongs to? LE is aware of it and she has been waiting 12 days to find out.

An incoming restricted call.. hmmm.

Just pointing it out for us all to go look and sleuth more if haven't seen already!

Based on the Find RM FB - there is an interesting conversation that I can paraphrase, happening today.

IM is asking if anyone knows of how to find out who a "restricted" phone number belongs to? LE is aware of it and she has been waiting 12 days to find out.

Just pointing it out for us all to go look and sleuth more if haven't seen already!

Wow, a ransom demand of some sort? Pay back of some sort?
I would assume she is ANSWERING the phone, and LE knows all about it, but told her to keep her keep quiet...would certainly explain a lot of things.

Perhaps her being tightlipped is for this reason.......but then again, LE would have A TON more access to try and figure out where it is coming from than the general public.

Maybe its taking LE too long to trace these leads, which is why she stated the other day "time to go public".

I saw that, hesitated to post it. Wonder if the calls were answered and what LE is doing to help.

Wow, a ransom demand of some sort? Pay back of some sort?
I would assume she is ANSWERING the phone, and LE knows all about it, but told her to keep her keep quiet...would certainly explain a lot of things.

Perhaps her being tightlipped is for this reason.......but then again, LE would have A TON more access to try and figure out where it is coming from than the general public.

Maybe its taking LE too long to trace these leads, which is why she stated the other day "time to go public".

The waiting has got to be excruciating. I'm surprised it takes so long, I'd assume they subpeonaed the information...I'm not big on patience. I just want her to get the info asap.

I saw that, hesitated to post it. Wonder if the calls were answered and what LE is doing to help.

The sad thing is that it could really be nothing..

I once thought that RM had some debilitating addiction and was gone sort of on his own terms but not coherent enough to think straight and rationally. Now, I wonder if someone harmed him, what the motive would be?

It's hard to think robbery when the car was found and no major amounts of money are missing. The only plausible monetary value was the "transaction" which could be $20 for all we know.

I don't have tons of years of sleuthing experience but what I do know (and not always the case) is that a random crime/criminal does not go to great lenghts to hide a body. With that said, was this planned? Did RM harm himself? Or is he still missing on his own accord?

The sad thing is that it could really be nothing..

I once thought that RM had some debilitating addiction and was gone sort of on his own terms but not coherent enough to think straight and rationally. Now, I wonder if someone harmed him, what the motive would be?

It's hard to think robbery when the car was found and no major amounts of money are missing. The only plausible monetary value was the "transaction" which could be $20 for all we know.

I don't have tons of years of sleuthing experience but what I do know (and not always the case) is that a random crime/criminal does not go to great lenghts to hide a body. With that said, was this planned? Did RM harm himself? Or is he still missing on his own accord?

All good questions.
possible scenarios:

RM left on his own
RM harmed himself
Unorthodox transaction
Vendetta
Random act

All good questions.
possible scenarios:

RM left on his own
RM harmed himself
Unorthodox transaction
Vendetta
Random act

Right. And a lot of times it comes down to someone who knew the victim as opposed to a stranger.

Without sleuthing family or friends specifically, is there a slim chance that someone who knows Rob is involved? Former coworker, employee, girlfriend, ex husband of a wive, baby mamma, contractor, someone that RM may have had arrested?

Where I live, people have actually killed someone over road rage - I doubt that this is the scenario here but it just goes to show that some people have zero regard for human life. I still think that the car being left there was symbolic in some way...

Right. And a lot of times it comes down to someone who knew the victim as opposed to a stranger.

Without sleuthing family or friends specifically, is there a slim chance that someone who knows Rob is involved? Former coworker, employee, girlfriend, ex husband of a wive, baby mamma, contractor, someone that RM may have had arrested?

Where I live, people have actually killed someone over road rage - I doubt that this is the scenario here but it just goes to show that some people have zero regard for human life. I still think that the car being left there was symbolic in some way...

I wish we had more to go on, but unfortunately this is all we have.
There may be more we just don't know about. :twocents:

By IM on FB "New Search Effort - covered by Ch 7 News" - this Sunday 7/21 from the Deep Park Train Sta, including search and reposting of flyers.

I have been following and reading from various sites over the past week - I work local to the Deer Park Train Station.

I have several questions - will post shortly

I'm curious if there will be a search between the scrap metal facility and train station. Canines should be sent in to see if they can follow anything.

Re. The bicycle – have we any clue how avid a bike rider he was. Would he have worn a helmet – if so, has the helmet been located at home or is that missing…if it is at home, perhaps the bicycle could be the item sold at the scrapyard or was that ruled out?
There was mention his bicycle could not easily have fit in his GTO and that it would have needed a wheel removed to do so. Would that require a special tool – if so, had that tool been located (or been found missing from home)
What is the verdict on any footage of his car arriving home (at 2:45?) from the neighbor’s surveillance camera? Is this a myth?
I have not heard mention of “happy hour,” – this being a Fri, late afternoon, perhaps he went out / drank too much, had to leave his car?
If the “Locate my Iphone app” can not be utilized when the phone is off / dead, it should still pinpoint where the phone was last located by gps, up to the second the phone went off (in my own Iphone experience)
With recent mention of a “restricted” number being investigated, any idea if this definitely refers to call(s) received by IM or could this be linked to cell phone records from 6/14 & prior?
Could a family member access his Health Insurance records for any services rendered since 6/14 – often, the companies don’t send EOB’s by mail and they can be found only online or by calling.

ps-- just re. the post above - I only now realized the Arrow Scrap facility which is located in Wyandanch is only 4 miles away. There are 3 routes that show on internet maps. So are there 2 Arrow Scraps - one in W Babylon & one in Wyandanch - if so, the one in Wyandanch is a straight run / closer to Deer Park train sta than anything in W Babylon. Wyandanch is not a good neighborhood at all.

I saw his status was changed from MISSING to ENDAGERED MISSING - and the case remains open so I guess they are involved still? I have read the car is being "processed" .. still. Perhaps if no crime was committed but he had an accident, they could be searching for those reasons? Regardless of any spousal situations (nothing I am aware of, but have read hypotheticals), he seems like a highly involved Dad who wouldn't elect to miss his son's concert and Father's Day...by disappearing that same weekend, unprovoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez