NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IM stated on FB the Italy plane tickets were refunded. Someone asked her and she answered.

The mods have had a little meeting and it is decided that you guys can discuss this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/131468517059825/?ref=br_rs

Please remember that our regular rules still apply! If the comments on the FB are not found in the MSM, you can't discuss it here! You can't sleuth the people on FB, and that includes the "I wonder if that one is posting here" kind of stuff. We don't do that on Websleuths. If you want to discuss rumors, join them on FB. But you can discuss the searches and you can suggest members look at an entry if you'd like.

If you have questions, ask a mod.

IM stated on FB the Italy plane tickets were refunded. Someone asked her and she answered.

I'm jumping off this post to let you guys know this is okay, since we know it's IM. But we are to treat IM as a victim in this case and we will NOT be sleuthing her past or present nor will we be accusing her of wrongdoing in her husband's disappearance.

If the comments on the FB are not found in the MSM, you can't discuss it here!

Hey Kimster, can you please clarify this part for us?

The way I interpret it is that if we can only discuss comments from the FB page if they are found in and linkable to MSM then there really is no change and we can only discuss what is in MSM.

Am I reading this correctly?

Hey Kimster, can you please clarify this part for us?

The way I interpret it is that if we can only discuss comments from the FB page if they are found in and linkable to MSM then there really is no change and we can only discuss what is in MSM.

Am I reading this correctly?

Sorry, it does read that way. :blushing:

If IM wrote it, you can discuss it here, as long as you don't start blaming her for a crime. You can also discuss search information.

If it's a rumor from another person, don't bring it over here. And don't start sleuthing people posting on that FB or bring over opinions like "boy, that person sure is an idiot for writing that". We do not involve ourselves in that kind of activity here. Stay focused on sleuthing this case and trying to find clues on what happened to Robert and you'll be a-okay!

Speaking only for myself I am sure that my postings may have the blush of accusation toward IM. I apologize and will take steps to be more careful. Its not deliberate-- more frustration coming thru at inaccurate and lack of information. He is not a very unusual looking guy at all--I encounter at least 2 or 3 similar looking men everyday. And I look carefully at them.

Have there been any sightings/possible sightings of RM????

And a fast question -----what about his Union activities? Any clubs, softball teams? Did he attend any recent Union meetings? What about his Union funds?

Speaking only for myself I am sure that my postings may have the blush of accusation toward IM. I apologize and will take steps to be more careful. Its not deliberate-- more frustration coming thru at inaccurate and lack of information. He is not a very unusual looking guy at all--I encounter at least 2 or 3 similar looking men everyday. And I look carefully at them.

Have there been any sightings/possible sightings of RM????

No, not that Im aware. Sad, I really did not think he would be missing for so long.

And a fast question -----what about his Union activities? Any clubs, softball teams? Did he attend any recent Union meetings? What about his Union funds?

Good question. I asked way back if he belonged to a gym. A verified poster said no to the gym. You should ask questions to his
FB Group Search page.

Mods: Does this now mean, I can post what IM has told me in private messages on FB?

Thank you

Mods: Does this now mean, I can post what IM has told me in private messages on FB?

Thank you

No. We don't allow our members to get involved in cases and post on the forum. If IM wants to join, we will verify her and she can share with us what she wants to share.

Thank you for asking ahead of time!

Off topic a bit, but as per FB search page, yesterday was his Mom's bday, and I had read reports of a family member describing her handling his disappearance so poorly that she can't even leave her home. Now that he has missed Father's Day, and another important date to a very important person in his life, without so much as making some contact, I am sadly thinking he is unable to make such contact.

The reason I am asking is that there has been no info provided about the day before his disappearance. If he was at a club meeting or a Union meeting (and I believe there was one that Thursday) this opens up a hell of alot of questions.

Off topic a bit, but as per FB search page, yesterday was his Mom's bday, and I had read reports of a family member describing her handling his disappearance so poorly that she can't even leave her home. Now that he has missed Father's Day, and another important date to a very important person in his life, without so much as making some contact, I am sadly thinking he is unable to make such contact.

You know Janima-- Its my opinion he left voluntarily and the timing of it being Fathers Day is merely a coincidence. Its just about the end of the school year and maybe thats what RM was waiting for.

The reason I am asking is that there has been no info provided about the day before his disappearance. If he was at a club meeting or a Union meeting (and I believe there was one that Thursday) this opens up a hell of alot of questions.

What kind of questions?

eta: Thu, 06/13/2013 - 5:00pm
ELECTRICAL INDUSTRY CENTER AUDITORIUM 158-11 Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Avenue, Flushing, NY 11365

http://www.local3.com/?q=node/7013

If he did leave voluntarily, I lean toward some sort of trouble, rather than a love affair. I guess because I have an issue with him letting his family and his mom go crazy with worry unless he felt he had no choice. (I know people do it, but still, just does not feel like a "running off to start a new life/love" to me.)

Weeks pass and nothing new has officially been released related to actually determining what has happened with RM. What happened with RM on June 14th?

There has been much theory on what could have happened, a lot of confusing questions/answers, a huge number of gaps in details/facts. The case seemed somewhat slow getting off the ground as far as released facts, searches sharing of information from a variety of sources close to RM. We have taken the bits & pieces and attempted to make sense and draw conclusions. Lots of good ideas, creative thinking and sleuthing offered here.

In reflection, I'm really not feeling any one of the conclusions to the exclusion of the others. Did RM leave voluntary? To a new life? Needing to disappear? To deal with a problem and try to protect family? Seems if this is so, he would have somehow contacted some one to tell and then disappear back into the wind. But, sadly we know it happens and no contact ever happens. Did he meet with violence or a deadly altercation? There are some factors that point here, but no hard evidence as far as has been made public. Law enforcement says... nothing criminal; but they sometimes do that while pulling a case together. SIGH.....

I feel for his family including his wife, kids, parents, siblings, etc. and friends. What a helpless feeling for them. One would only really understand the depth of fear, hurt and confusion - if they experienced it. While I hope answers come soon and this has a good ending, I am not feeling confident in that direction.
So, up here I sit.... :fence: getting down for periods of :banghead: and :please:. Let us carry on ........

Bunnyhop-- I am wondering if he attended the meeting, who he saw, sat with, hung out for a beer with. Also what did he do prior to the meeting?? Meet up with friends/coworkers, speak with union reps etc. There is a bowling alley there that is usually hopping with activity. There is also a police precinct a block away.

Again-- I am not accusing any of RM's family of anything. I feel that info is not being given out and for that reason I would say (MOO) that perhaps if the family is "closing the case" then they should say so and move on.

Hello everyone. I have been lurking a long time. I had a problem with registering so all I could do was read your thoughts and theories about RM.
I have been following this case from the beginning as well. I think that every theory I read so far can be a possibility.
You guys are really good. :)
This case is definitely a mystery to say the least. In my opinion I believe he left voluntarily. I have believed that all along. I can't imagine what his wife, kids and family are going through. Although I don't know RM or his family personally, it's all I think about. Maybe I just want to believe that he left voluntarily. I don't know. I just hope this family is able to find the strength to deal with this mess.
I pray to God he isn't hurt.
My thoughts on the car - I think someone else drove it to the train station, parked in the front so it would be found. Maybe that was part of a bigger plan to get away and throw people off. Nothing in this world surprises me. People do strange things for strange reasons.
Anyway, I'm glad I get to be a part of this conversation finally. It's nice to be able to talk back... lol. I'm not sure who helped me finally get registered but if it was any of you guys here I Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member