NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much money could he have squirreled away in order to just take off? Sounds like they lead a pretty costly lifestyles. Of course he could likely work for cash anyplace, so there is that. If he did just up and leave...he must have been feeling tremendous pressure.

How much money could he have squirreled away in order to just take off? Sounds like they lead a pretty costly lifestyles. Of course he could likely work for cash anyplace, so there is that. If he did just up and leave...he must have been feeling tremendous pressure.

I also wonder if he had other skills or interests. For example, did he know how to sail or handle a powerboat? Perhaps, he always wanted to try rock climbing or hiking or living in the mountains. Maybe he is good at woodworking? Maybe he always wanted to live in Maine or out west? We don't know much about him. Knowing a little about his interests, skills, bucket list would help set the direction in finding him--if he took off.

Could someone ask his wife on fb about his hobbies and interests, etc.? Who knows . . maybe she'll share.

He could live quite cheaply in the summer, if he camped or bought a cheap boat with a cabin. For example, he could anchor on Block Island for months for nothing. Food won't be cheap, but if he has some money, he could manage and maybe pick up a job or 2 on the island for cash.

Just some thoughts . .

He could have done side jobs for cash. Many people needed electrical work after Sandy.

I feel like we've been *given* two possible scenarios: the scrap yard = foul play, the car at the train station = running away. Separately, I could probably believe either. Taken together in the same story, seems very odd. I can't get those...clues, to mesh. :dunno:

Maybe he met someone? If she/he had a place and was secure RM could easily do side jobs in his trade to make a living. I know plenty of people (myself included) that hire tradesman off CL and don't check ID.

Maybe he comes from money or has an inheritance.. Since we know nothing about the family it's hard to judge.

This is all speculation of course.. What I do know is if someone is miserable enough they will find the means.

My guess is the browser located on his phone holds many answers...

I would love to ask IM if he locked his phone and how often she had access to it.

I feel like we've been *given* two possible scenarios: the scrap yard = foul play, the car at the train station = running away. Separately, I could probably believe either. Taken together in the same story, seems very odd. I can't get those...clues, to mesh. :dunno:

That's the thing. Everything put together just makes no sense. Scrapyard, dead phone, wallet home, car at station with seat pulled up, empty trunk...a hell of a lot of coincidences, hmmm?

I've been away from the site for a while but did check on the FB search page. I thought maybe I was being too judgmental/critical but I see many on here have had the same exact reaction to certain (odd) things said. And what has not been said. So I want to say I agree with everyone's posts the past couple of days discussing the posts on FB. I started to think it strange back a couple weeks ago when it was posted, 'we will keep you safe'.

My thoughts now are there is much more going on than meets the eye. Too much unsaid, and yes, too many coincidences that day.

As for behavior of certain individuals.. If this really is completely out of the blue and a shock. Then shock/disbelief/denial can cause people to act strangely or not think straight.

But yes.. when I look at the entire picture now weeks later.. I agree with what so many of you are saying here..

Can someone please recap the posts by NCNY, I keep seeing references to them but haven't fount the actual posts. Thanks!

ChristinaAshley--- welcome!!!!

NCNY was a verified insider-- you can read the post on the prior threads.

Oh and the man who vanished from the Montauk motel is believed to have been swept out to sea.

Hi christina!
Great post and so so accurate.
I did go thru her fb friends and noticeqd that noone has the poster on their wall.
Tis all seems...at a loss for a better word...staged.

"2000 members!"

Ugh

I also wonder if he had other skills or interests. For example, did he know how to sail or handle a powerboat? Perhaps, he always wanted to try rock climbing or hiking or living in the mountains. Maybe he is good at woodworking? Maybe he always wanted to live in Maine or out west? We don't know much about him. Knowing a little about his interests, skills, bucket list would help set the direction in finding him--if he took off.

Could someone ask his wife on fb about his hobbies and interests, etc.? Who knows . . maybe she'll share.

McSpy-- many questions about RM specifically have been asked but IM has yet tell anything beyond the few pieces of info. It would help to find him certainly if we knew little things like does he drink alcohol-would pop into Applebees for a beer and watch the Yankees? Does he drink coffee--does he order it in a specific way?? etc

cluciano--post 282-- if he was taking all the scrap from his job, easily a few thousand dollars. Who knows how long he planned this--but-he has a marketable trade so he can earn. Also he may be somewhere he doesn't need money-- he may have needed anough to get to a place.

cluciano--post 282-- if he was taking all the scrap from his job, easily a few thousand dollars. Who knows how long he planned this--but-he has a marketable trade so he can earn. Also he may be somewhere he doesn't need money-- he may have needed anough to get to a place.

Oh I know there is money in that but I figured that was money needed just to maintain their lives.

very true Angel--- change of victim in each scenario---MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members