NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Justy--- they are young enough but still old enough, you know??? I am sure they are reading alot things on FB and thru various media outlets.

Can someone please recap the posts by NCNY, I keep seeing references to them but haven't fount the actual posts. Thanks!

Hi Christina :seeya:

It takes while to learn how to navigate WS.
If you click on page 1 of this thread, It will reference previous threads.
Generally, when a thread reaches 1,000 posts-it will be closed by Admin/Mods and a new thread will be started. We're on thread 3 now.

:seeya:

I read your post mentioning "RM was caught texting somebody else". That information should prove valuable. I would think by now LE got a record of all of his cell phone texts/calls. There is always the chance he had another mobile device nobody knew about.

I never heard the other case of the Dix Hills father missing last summer. I read up on it and that is so sad. To me it sounds like he went out on the beach very early morning and drowned at sea.

On another note, I mentioned I would send the news articles to someone I know in LE. Just wondering their opinion, not that it means anything at all and of course like most others they have never heard of this case before...just the few articles that they read. The e-mail response was: "I think he upped and left on his own".
I wonder if the involved LE thinks the same.

As for other family members.. I wonder if he has siblings. I remember reading his poor mother is too devastated to function. I know people say here it looks like friends and neighbors aren't doing anything on the FB page. I did first see his 'missing flyer' in July posted by someone who shared the original posting from RM's next door neighbor. Perhaps those who know him are involved in the search, just not posting.

Who knows.. I just find a lot of things on FB disturbing.. I guess more of a gut feeling that something is just too odd. The posts from IM (not sure if I'm allowed to mention here) seem so quickly written...like she is not putting thought into fully answering questions. Or like a quick statement and then 'lol'. Her thoughts are probably scattered, I mean I can't imagine how I would function through this AND raise 2 kids, and perhaps she is typing in that annoying/too fast/rude way of typing on her Iphone but I just get a strange sense from the posts.

Would be nice if LE makes a statement confirming they still do not believe foul play was involved.

In the meantime, prayers for the family...I feel so badly for his mom and kids.

well sweetlings (GoT ref) am off to bed and fold laundry--lol-- envy my glamour life!!

sleep well and be safe--

I also wonder if he had other skills or interests. For example, did he know how to sail or handle a powerboat? Perhaps, he always wanted to try rock climbing or hiking or living in the mountains. Maybe he is good at woodworking? Maybe he always wanted to live in Maine or out west? We don't know much about him. Knowing a little about his interests, skills, bucket list would help set the direction in finding him--if he took off.

Could someone ask his wife on fb about his hobbies and interests, etc.? Who knows . . maybe she'll share.

I did once and she said it was a great idea and would do it that day. Never happened.

What's the deal with IM's "OMG-2,000 members" comment? It's like she thinks it's some sort of contest.

I truly honestly don't know what to think at this point. At first I thought "he walked out" but now I am just not sure. Something doesent make sense about this whole case.

The lack of interest from Newsday or News12 is not surprising either - there is 25 year old guy from West Islip who literally vanished into thin air in 2010 and Newsday and News12 has mentioned it maybe 4 times in 3 years. Need I also mention their silence about the Gilgo bodies?

Thanks to everyone who helped me find NCNY's posts! Just finished reading through them.

IMO- I know this is all speculation but since we have close to no information I'm going to believe that NCNY was indeed a family member that ticked some of IM's family off with her posts and stopped posting.

For argument sake let's just say NCNY was who she said she was...

She stated that RM had an iPhone 4S

There are many apps (including Viber) that allow you to text and talk with no trail. My point is when someone is looking to getaway without a trail you can easily plan everything with your iPhone while being completely undetected. I'm sure he would have been smart enough to not search anything from his home computer.

What's the deal with IM's "OMG-2,000 members" comment? It's like she thinks it's some sort of contest.

I truly honestly don't know what to think at this point. At first I thought "he walked out" but now I am just not sure. Something doesent make sense about this whole case.

The lack of interest from Newsday or News12 is not surprising either - there is 25 year old guy from West Islip who literally vanished into thin air in 2010 and Newsday and News12 has mentioned it maybe 4 times in 3 years. Need I also mention their silence about the Gilgo bodies?

Yep. Those FB comments.
Something is just off about this whole scenario.
Cant quite pinpoint it but its just off.
:please:

I don't think we're allowed to post names so I won't but if you look under IM's FB friends there are 3 people under L with the same last names. Maybe family members? All three are in North Carolina (NC) ... Two are private investigators. Just thought I'd share...

The first person listed is a well known former secret service agent that went to Queens college... NCNY? Just my mind going wild lol

MOO about the number of members - to me, it seems that she is amazed by the number of people who care about finding her husband.

I know news is slow but, again, please do not discuss other posters. Well, you can sing their praises but do not question their truthfulness or why they are or are not posting. Discussing NCNY is off limits unless you are directing other posters to something stated by this verified insider.

i have been recovering from surgery so i have just spent the last 2 days reading and rereading the threads for Robert. talk about up and down and around! i have way more questions after reading than i had when i started.

all i read leads me to suspect that he left. the time before work if he was leaving that early even once a week along with any hidden texting on phone apps would be enough for him to have found someone that made him feel wanted or important. (which the wife keeps mentioning). the lack of evidence, the lack of police and media interest along with the lack of friends and family involvement all helped me to come to my opinion. this is strictly my opinion.

:cupcake: JMOHO

just thought i'd add that local union no.3 has the missing poster on its front page
http://www.local3.com/
no other info in public area but this printable flyer

i have been recovering from surgery so i have just spent the last 2 days reading and rereading the threads for Robert. talk about up and down and around! i have way more questions after reading than i had when i started.

all i read leads me to suspect that he left. the time before work if he was leaving that early even once a week along with any hidden texting on phone apps would be enough for him to have found someone that made him feel wanted or important. (which the wife keeps mentioning). the lack of evidence, the lack of police and media interest along with the lack of friends and family involvement all helped me to come to my opinion. this is strictly my opinion.

:cupcake: JMOHO

just thought i'd add that local union no.3 has the missing poster on its front page
http://www.local3.com/
no other info in public area but this printable flyer

Agreed

I'm not an avid poster or fan of the FB page so ill say it here. Some cases just grab us and the more time that passes, RM is one for me - it grabs me. I know we all have different the theories but I appreciate that here, we are not censoring or judging or fighting! So, now what? Where is he!?!?! I can't imagine him leaving the kids or his elderly mom. The secrecy surrounding him sucks. If we knew he had any addictions or illnesses or anything at all, we could seriously help more. This is what we do!! I know there are so many people on this site who are truly awesome sleuthers. Not just FB cheerleaders. I guess my issue tonight is the overwhelming idea of painting RM as perfect. Their marriage is perfect. Life is grand. No one is perfect. Life is not perfect. And a guy just doesn't go missing if life is perfect. I am generalizing but I feel he has not been humanized which may be why media hasn't been on board until recently. I'm not looking for a gossip story but give us the facts. Maybe he was unhappy. Maybe she was and he found out. Lots to think about.

Moo. Sorry for typos. One eye closed. Just feel off about it all.

I'm not an avid poster or fan of the FB page so ill say it here. Some cases just grab us and the more time that passes, RM is one for me - it grabs me. I know we all have different the theories but I appreciate that here, we are not censoring or judging or fighting! So, now what? Where is he!?!?! I can't imagine him leaving the kids or his elderly mom. The secrecy surrounding him sucks. If we knew he had any addictions or illnesses or anything at all, we could seriously help more. This is what we do!! I know there are so many people on this site who are truly awesome sleuthers. Not just FB cheerleaders. I guess my issue tonight is the overwhelming idea of painting RM as perfect. Their marriage is perfect. Life is grand. No one is perfect. Life is not perfect. And a guy just doesn't go missing if life is perfect. I am generalizing but I feel he has not been humanized which may be why media hasn't been on board until recently. I'm not looking for a gossip story but give us the facts. Maybe he was unhappy. Maybe she was and he found out. Lots to think about.

Moo. Sorry for typos. One eye closed. Just feel off about it all.

I agree!

I'm going to share a personal story..

My Aunt and Uncle led a life that was thought to be the American dream...
Beautiful Tudor in Westchester, great jobs, beautiful kids, PTA mom, drove bmw's, happy, yada, yada

Everyone including us closest to them thought they were very happy. Not perfect, but happy. Everyone including my aunt. One day my uncle left ... Just like that. He said he hadn't been happy for years but put on a show because he didn't want to hurt his wife and kids. She was devastated and just like that their picture perfect life had crumbled.

Could possibly be a similar situation..

^^ thanks for sharing. I get it as I always wear a Smile myself ! In just starting to wonder if there is anything sinister that we haven't figured out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth