NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
another thing that strikes me as odd on the FB page is that IM being a former lawyer seems very naive and ignorant to laws and procedures. she rarely has ideas of her own, and when she does it's "does anyone know how bounty hunters work?" or "how can I get phone records?" I'm not a lawyer/former lawyer, I know the difference between a bounty hunter and a private investigator, and I know you need to obtain a search warrant to have access to someone elses phone records (no chance of that happening without proof of a crime).

I too think RM left voluntarily, I don't believe the scrap yard is important, northern is the bike. I wish I had the time and patience to go through the "facts" and determine when/how each was released. did IM ever really inform us of the missing bike? or was the information recieved through someone on one of the searches saying "oh, and IM said he MAY or MAY NOT have a bike with him"? and later IM just agreed with this (but never released that info herself?) and the scrap yard, still just a minimal transaction and we SPECULATE copper? was the scrap yard info released when we were also discussing the existence of serveilance video? did that draw our attention away from what COULD have been the most significant clue? are we only being given certain facts that appear to paint a picture of a family man in trouble, and any fact that contradicts that is discredited? (if I am to believe NCNY was verified, then I believe his posts.)

Folks if the guy left voluntarily don't you think his car would have been returned by now?

Folks if the guy left voluntarily don't you think his car would have been returned by now?

Agreed. They wouldn't be holding onto it if there were no reason to hold onto it. IMO

If RM took the train that day, after going to the scrap yard, was it possible he went east rather than west towards NYC? How far does the train go east on Long Island? Reason why I'm asking--could he have taken a train east to stay in a town out there or possibly take a ferry off Long Island to Connecticut or Block Island?

I need to clarify, I believe he left the car at the station and took the train to work (or wherever, even being at work has not been verified by anyone at work) on June 14, intending never to come back. IM stated it was "My Car" a few weeks ago on FB. Well, he left her "her car". It has just been building up in my mind that he was just not happy. Period. Henpecked maybe? Did they have everything because of her and he was made to feel useless? Remember she said "see Rob, your important" a few nights ago?

Also, re pics on FB, how many freaking portraits does a family sit for? I am 53 and never had a family portrait done professionally. If anyone else notices, there is the lack of a smile on one face in every picture (just have to say this, its been bothering me too). Female dominated household????

Also, I think there was a lavish lifestyle desired by one, and too much for the other. I don't know, my mind is just stuck here.

maybe THE CAR is impounded??? unpaid tickets etc and any investigating is long over

Did I read this correctly? Please correct me if I am wrong. The other day I read many of the verified poster's posts and found the post about RM leaving the scrap yard money in the garage as very odd. Why would he drop off the money in the garage and then take off? It makes little sense to me. Why not leave it in his pocket and why not get his wallet while he was in the garage dropping the money off?

If RM took the train that day, after going to the scrap yard, was it possible he went east rather than west towards NYC? How far does the train go east on Long Island? Reason why I'm asking--could he have taken a train east to stay in a town out there or possibly take a ferry off Long Island to Connecticut or Block Island?

McSpy-he also could have taken the Hampton Jitney or another bus out to eastern Long Island-- the Ronkonkoma branch goes out to Riverhead and you can catch a bus out further east. It may extend to Greenport this time of year. You are correct-- he could be in CT, Block Island or on Shelter Island

I need to clarify, I believe he left the car at the station and took the train to work (or wherever, even being at work has not been verified by anyone at work) on June 14, intending never to come back. IM stated it was "My Car" a few weeks ago on FB. Well, he left her "her car". It has just been building up in my mind that he was just not happy. Period. Henpecked maybe? Did they have everything because of her and he was made to feel useless? Remember she said "see Rob, your important" a few nights ago?

Also, re pics on FB, how many freaking portraits does a family sit for? I am 53 and never had a family portrait done professionally. If anyone else notices, there is the lack of a smile on one face in every picture (just have to say this, its been bothering me too). Female dominated household????

Also, I think there was a lavish lifestyle desired by one, and too much for the other. I don't know, my mind is just stuck here.

What you have said has crossed my mind too.

More random thoughts for the day..

I''m glad I wasn't the only one feeling "off" by the FB page - I hesitated to post here for a few weeks because I couldn't get around it in my head. After even a few back and forths with IM directly - I just felt .........confused. Suggestions of listing his likes, hobbies, places he would visit, his mannersims, possibe accent, history of mental or physical health problems, etc. Same as many of you.. Lots of random information being thrown out in no particular order and then many important points, completely ignored.

I am starting to think that the scrap yard has nothing to do with his disappearance either. I am starting to wonder and I'd have to go back but who brought up the initial report of him being there? Could it have been announced to sort of have us "sleuths" focus in on that as being key in his disappearance? Almost as if we would automatically go to a dark place and equate this scrapyard to thugs and the mob.

I do think that if he got into an altercation there, his car wouldn't have been found where it was. And we could also possibly have a body too.

Does anyone know have there been ANY sightings of Rob? ANY information leading to him coming home?

I wonder if he had a life insurance policy.

I'm all over the map with this and equally obsessed too.

I'm down to the following in no particular order:
suicide
left - due to drugs - something bigger and darker than just ...wanting out of a marriage.
someone close to him, staging this to be SOMETHING.

Sometimes it seems that it's that they believe Rob will be home - come home, let's have lobster and oysters and other times, SOMETHING has to be wrong, he would never stay away.

So which is it?

I think I will sign off with a quote guys--rather than a usual question--"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

Everyone have a great day and stay safe.

Do we even know for sure if the car has NOT been returned? If LE says no evidence of foul play, why would they have the car all this time. IMO, they don't have it. It's elsewhere.
Curious-- I am so with you on all your points.
This may get poofed, but ...if anyone in my family was missing, I would not have the strength energy or desire to get my nails done. Just saying.

I'm curious what you all think about the interviews with his wife that have been televised.

Thoughts?

I also find it weird that all the info we know is from IM, and only IM. I also find it interesting that the FB search page is driven completely by strangers. no friends, family, coworkers or even neighbors? seems so odd that a man goes missing and strangers take more of an interest in finding him, than people in his life?

has anyone ever seen this in other cases? what could be reasons for such silence amongst friends and family?

Someone has said it before...."The Silence is Deafening" No words from family, friends, co-workers, nada nada nada.

Obviously, a TON more than meets the eye here.

Desensitized post#262 - you hit the nail on the head IMO.
The whole charade playing..."anyone know anything about bounty hunters" and so on strikes me as extremeely odd for an attorney that had practiced in ny for many years AND was involved in consular relations with italy. She is a very intelligent woman, yet, is constantly asking for petty advise.

And the silence...its just too obvious at this point.

I'm curious what you all think about the interviews with his wife that have been televised.

Thoughts?
As I said in my last post... If a member of my family was missing I wouldn't have the strength energy or desire to get my nails done. That's what I think about the interviews. Oh and they basically reveal NOTHING.

As I said in my last post... If a member of my family was missing I wouldn't have the strength energy or desire to get my nails done. That's what I think about the interviews. Oh and they basically reveal NOTHING.

Agreed.
No new info. No new faces. Nothing.
Just a repeat of the same.
:please:

Thoughts?

oh boy.......erm.....I became convinced of her complicity in the one with CBS.
Moo of course--who am I???

Hello everyone!

I have been silently following the FB group since the beginning but felt my opinions were too insensitive to write. I am thrilled to find this forum!

I also believe RM left voluntarily. Has anyone besides me been crazy enough to look through IM friend list. Not one person has changed their profile picture or cover picture in support of the Mayer family. Many profiles are private but very few of the public profiles have posted anything about the situation. Strikes me as very odd...

Also, who remembers this missing man from last year in Dix Hills..

http://halfhollowhills.patch.com/gr...vacationer-say-disappearance-left-h6cf73ec1be

He hasn't been found but in my opinion also left voluntarily. Did RM know of him and played copycat?

Sooo many unanswered questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member