NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a conclusion you draw from an existing video that hasn't been speculated upon already?

No, I'm more just curious about the existence of it. If it's there, but LE isn't letting that info out, etc.

I also find it weird that all the info we know is from IM, and only IM. I also find it interesting that the FB search page is driven completely by strangers. no friends, family, coworkers or even neighbors? seems so odd that a man goes missing and strangers take more of an interest in finding him, than people in his life?

has anyone ever seen this in other cases? what could be reasons for such silence amongst friends and family?

Bravo guys---- how do we know he left at 4:30am???
MOO--- we know from the wife who happens to be a lawyer/a lawyer who happens to be the wife

It is very strange----I think the function of FB (which I am not on) was to initially gather and dispense info but turned into a means of proving something that may not be true.

I have not made a secret of my opinion that RM left voluntarily and that help was given to craft a scene of disappearance--further this false scenario is being perpetuated by FB and people can stop the insanity but are choosing not to--- that's MOO--

Have been on FB search page more than my own. When my BF comes home from work every night, he asks "anything on the electrician". Completely obsessed.

My husband came downstairs last night, closed my laptop and said "go eat". I haven't even seen friends' statuses, I'm just on that page!

Newsday and News12 haven't done any real reporting in YEARS. Any story that I have ever read where I actually had the inside scoop about they have gotten wrong. It's almost like they play telephone in the newsroom and whatever story comes back after whispering it in the ear all around the room is what they print.

I cancelled my Newsday subscription years ago. The NY Daily News does better actual reporting than they do. How scary is that?

But, no need to be disappointed. We all just have to live with the LI media monopoly called Cablevision while the Dolans get rich.

There used to be a time when reporters wanted to investigate and dig. Now they just parrot the TelePrompTer.

My BF calls News 12 "the giggly news". They just laugh and giggle through the news. And it looks like they all shop at Estelle's Dressy Dresses. LOL.

I think RM is alive and well in another state. A post IM made a few days ago was super strange. She mentioned the number of members on the search page then said something like "see Rob, you are important". Made me feel he didn't think he was. I've said before I wonder how under the thumb he was.

Curious, I'm curious about your scenario. How do you think he disappeared and where do you think he is? Why was his seat moved up and his trunk completely empty? Where is his bike? Why did he bother going to work and then come home and apparently not bother to shower and change out of his dirty work clothes before heading out for his journey?

I believe IMO, that there is secrecy all around because all parties could be vested to lose something or expose something greater.

His job, could potentially have shady characters and issues with selling mongo. The scrapyard could have violated protocol and his family may know more than we are aware.

I wonder if his bike was able to fit in the empty trunk? I wonder if someone close to him staged this to look odd and left the car there on purpose. I have nk fingers to point but my frustration started with the FB page becoming more of a popularity contest for lack of better words a couple of weeks back. I was one in the very beginning contacting and making lists of media outlets and just started getting an off vibe that I can't explain. I could be wrong.

I still don't think he left on his own to start a new life.

BBM Someone on FB mentioned they have the same car and NO WAY a bike could have fit in trunk.

Also news reporter from VA asking about bike.
Personally, I feel the bike is a non issue, perhaps a red herring.
IM mentioned it's a schwinn or mongoose, yet still no pictures.
I have an old schwinn, the wheels don't come off. Mongoose is an inexpensive bike. Think Kmart/Walmart...........

I've known this for awhile and maybe it is nothing but I believe the owner of the scrap place lives in Commack. Surely he (and his son/sons who work with him) heard about RM being missing before LE knocked on their door.

Something to ponder.

I just have to say the FB page is getting a bit crazy. Posts are being deleted (posters are asking why their posts are being deleted), I have noticed really good posts just go poof. I read one woman claim she was emailed by site administrators because of a post and that the emails were rude. Everything that is suggested is passed on to IM for approval. Claims of an "ongoing investigation" yet nothing from LE. Lots of high fives and hand slapping at the same time. At this stage I really don't think hanging flyers on lamp posts is going to help. Just my opinion. If this gets deleted so be it. Something is fishy in Dix Hills.

Agreed.

Curious, I'm curious about your scenario. How do you think he disappeared and where do you think he is? Why was his seat moved up and his trunk completely empty? Where is his bike? Why did he bother going to work and then come home and apparently not bother to shower and change out of his dirty work clothes before heading out for his journey?

IMHO, I believe the bike is a non issue. I've never said this before, but the thought of a grown man using a bike as a get-away vehicle just seems silly to me. I believe he was just done, couldn't afford the lifestyle on his salary, probably overwhelmed with bills. Drove to work to tie up some loose ends, tossed his phone which was picked up by someone who happened to live on LI hence the ping. I think he left from Brooklyn. I don't think he ever came back to LI. No sightings, no interviews or folks coming forward to say they saw him, even scrap metal yard is an unconfirmed sighting.

NCNY's mention of someone RM was caught texting with, to me, is the #1 clue that he was keeping things from IM. I don't believe the happy picture IM is painting of their life. I just really believe he left.

You don't think he was at the scrap metal yard??? Really, Curious?!

That just floors me.

Out of all of the so-called evidence, that's one of 2 things that I do believe 100%.

IMHO, I believe the bike is a non issue. I've never said this before, but the thought of a grown man using a bike as a get-away vehicle just seems silly to me. I believe he was just done, couldn't afford the lifestyle on his salary, probably overwhelmed with bills. Drove to work to tie up some loose ends, tossed his phone which was picked up by someone who happened to live on LI hence the ping. I think he left from Brooklyn. I don't think he ever came back to LI. No sightings, no interviews or folks coming forward to say they saw him, even scrap metal yard is an unconfirmed sighting.

NCNY's mention of someone RM was caught texting with, to me, is the #1 clue that he was keeping things from IM. I don't believe the happy picture IM is painting of their life. I just really believe he left.

Why do you believe ncny about the texting and don't believe him about the surveillance video?

I don't believe he as at the yard on June 14. Probably other times. But not the 14th.

My gut tells me that the scrap yard will turn out to have nothing to do with RM's disappearance, other than him being seen at a "dangerous" place, the day he disappeared. :whistle:

My gut tells me that the scrap yard will turn out to have nothing to do with RM's disappearance, other than him being seen at a "dangerous" place, the day he disappeared. :whistle:

Yes, my gut tells me this also.

My gut also tells me that he did not leave his family voluntarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member