NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find it weird that all the info we know is from IM, and only IM. I also find it interesting that the FB search page is driven completely by strangers. no friends, family, coworkers or even neighbors? seems so odd that a man goes missing and strangers take more of an interest in finding him, than people in his life?

has anyone ever seen this in other cases? what could be reasons for such silence amongst friends and family?

Yep. :rockon:

Since he did go to work, not sure it matters that much when he left home that morning?

Under normal circumstances, yes. On the day a person goes missing, I think all of their activities, whether usual or unusual are of interest. Not to mention the days leading up to as well.

It's just my gut. I reread ncny posts over and over again. The texting really struck out at me. He talked in the past tense with most things he stated. Except for the camera.

And another thing, when IM said in her news interview "he wouldn't leave us" I felt she was trying to convince herself he wouldn't. Does that make sense? I have to go to work now.

My gut tells me that the scrap yard will turn out to have nothing to do with RM's disappearance, other than him being seen at a "dangerous" place, the day he disappeared. :whistle:

Do you think this scenario might be staged? I do. :twocents:

I also find it weird that all the info we know is from IM, and only IM. I also find it interesting that the FB search page is driven completely by strangers. no friends, family, coworkers or even neighbors? seems so odd that a man goes missing and strangers take more of an interest in finding him, than people in his life?

has anyone ever seen this in other cases? what could be reasons for such silence amongst friends and family?

Such strange behavior has turned me off, except that a couple of kids are missing their father. For that reason only, I'm still reading.

At least one of the key posters on the Robert Mayer FB page is also a big part of the McStay family FB page. Is that usual?

And what if over the years RM and the scrap yard owner became friendly, RM asks him to vouch for him that he was in that Friday... That would lead to this mystery scenario ah oh maybe something bad happened to RM at this scary scrap yard... When perhaps he never went there at all that day like Curious suggests. Maybe he just left from work. I think the bike is a non issue and was either given away, stolen or scrapped a while ago.

Each day makes me more and more uncomfortable...the multitude of questions and maybes, the 3 or 4 actual facts (only verified by IM), the strange FB posts, NCNY posts and disappearance, the timeline , the lack of LE/media attention, the lack of family/friend/co-worker involvement, the poster from AL appearing and disappearing...
IMO

Such strange behavior has turned me off, except that a couple of kids are missing their father. For that reason only, I'm still reading.

At least one of the key posters on the Robert Mayer FB page is also a big part of the McStay family FB page. Is that usual?

:twocents: Perhaps they have nothing better to do? IDK. :blushing:

And what if over the years RM and the scrap yard owner became friendly, RM asks him to vouch for him that he was in that Friday... That would lead to this mystery scenario ah oh maybe something bad happened to RM at this scary scrap yard... When perhaps he never went there at all that day like Curious suggests. Maybe he just left from work. I think the bike is a non issue and was either given away, stolen or scrapped a while ago.

The bike is a non issue for me. If RM was such a "family guy" I imagine he would have taken his kids out riding safe trails. Yet no pictures or definitive answers about said bike have been forthcoming.

Noting all family photos and "Portraits", yet no pics of said bike. :twocents:

you know--tossing this out---If RM is without his drivers' license, he may have his birth certificate. A copy is pretty easy to obtain--all other ID jumps from there.

you know--tossing this out---If RM is without his drivers' license, he may have his birth certificate. A copy is pretty easy to obtain--all other ID jumps from there.

Yes. Same with a license, cawfee. I misplaced my own license and got a new one within a couple of hours. He may have two, or he might have gotten a new one in a nearby state, if a friend "lends" him an address.

Do you think this scenario might be staged? I do. :twocents:

Me too Bunny hop--- I have felt its a big contrived scenario and someone's liar pants are on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now why lie???? To save face, creditors may be more lenient with a "disappearance" and its subsequent drama versus a guy just leaving.

You know many things have been so heavy handed its like a badly written movie

The bike is a non issue for me. If RM was such a "family guy" I imagine he would have taken his kids out riding safe trails. Yet no pictures or definitive answers about said bike have been forthcoming.

Noting all family photos and "Portraits", yet no pics of said bike. :twocents:

Bingo, BunnyHop. Suddenly it screams to me that he left of his own accord. We don't know if luggage, clothes or footwear are missing. If we're asking about bike pics, they'd be easy enough to provide. Go take pictures in the store. The 15 y/o son will know where Dad bought the bike, even if Mom doesn't (which isn't too likely in this house, lol).

That's rational (hard) thinking in such a case. All the family pictures seem too soft in the case of a guy who might have been the victim of foul play.

People could have an excellent reason for making a loved one APPEAR to be missing. OTOH people leave their families every day. But now I'm thinking he's alive.

I hope RM will post "I'm OK" on his kid's FB page.

IMHO, I believe the bike is a non issue. I've never said this before, but the thought of a grown man using a bike as a get-away vehicle just seems silly to me. I believe he was just done, couldn't afford the lifestyle on his salary, probably overwhelmed with bills. Drove to work to tie up some loose ends, tossed his phone which was picked up by someone who happened to live on LI hence the ping. I think he left from Brooklyn. I don't think he ever came back to LI. No sightings, no interviews or folks coming forward to say they saw him, even scrap metal yard is an unconfirmed sighting.

NCNY's mention of someone RM was caught texting with, to me, is the #1 clue that he was keeping things from IM. I don't believe the happy picture IM is painting of their life. I just really believe he left.

I'm with you. I bet he walked toward where he usually parked, someone picked him up there, and off they went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe