NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO----every article, blog, interview I have seen about this case makes me feel like Someone is trying awfully hard to convince me they had the perfect marriage---I feel like its poured on a bit too much. Maybe IM is the one in denial, and not the daughter. :twocents:

I feel the same way. It bothers me that no other family members or close friends have been interviewed. We are only getting one perspective. :twocents:

I wonder if LE talked to this person he was texting?

We've read he was texting someone. Those interested can go back to thread 1 and start about page 30.

IF you read thread one, you will also discover that the phone was found up until July 12 or there abouts. So let's just say the phone was found. How would anyone know there were texts? Who was checking his phone for texts?

After that, the phone was reported as missing. It was a "mis-communication"
Really? :facepalm:

I can see a reporter hearing "4 to 5 minutes" as "45 minutes". IM has an accent, so maybe there was a misunderstanding.

Just a thought . .

LOL. She doesn't have "an accent" on Long Island!

That's what I'm thinking. It was a big discussion on previous threads but it was an assumption - I cannot find IM saying 45 minutes anywhere.

Yes, I must have misread it or "remembered" it as being a lengthy conversation, because I had thoughts about it (Why would IM tie up RM on the phone so long, at work, when she could have discussed those things that afternoon? Was RM indulging in a long talk, because he knew it was going to be their last?) :phone:

I'm still leaning towards: left voluntarily because he felt he had to/no girlfriend/had someone's help in leaving.

Wouldn't his mom know if he had been unhappy . I wonder if his family likes his wife?

RM's mom seems to be one of the silent majority---we have yet to hear or see this dear lady. It is possible tho that the in-laws do not get along.

McSpy--post 150--- very plausible-----RM isn't missing but left--and the person he is with is still operating within their own life--work, family etc.

Still think the "scene " was concocted

Philigumbo--post 175---agreed-- it does feel like RM just left (its been my opinion from the start--the "why he left" tangles me )----parts of things whole thing are very contrived and plotted and other things not. And the lack of people talking speaks volumes.

I hope that is not what you think I am doing...it is not my intention. I guess I would just like someone to give this woman the benefit of the doubt about something. When I read the boards, 99% of what. I read. (Okay maybe an exaggeration) is questioning every little thing this woman does like she is under investigation. Everyone needs to keep an open mind to all possibilities at this. Point...we dont have enough facts not to be. I just feel that everyone is open to all the possibilities EXCEPT the one that he didnt walk out and everything that IM has stated is the truth. If noone debated one another, and we all agreed, there would be no point in this discussion...we would have already marked it solved and move on...JMO

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Personally I think everyone has been respectful of Ida but we do not really know if Robert may have left home because of a fight with her or just wanted out .
I think he walked away.

It's hard to keep an open mind when your in a tunnel.

What about another man? Maybe he knew hs wife could never understand.....so he just took off? Even though homosexual relationships are obviously more accepted these days, for a married man with children to "come out" is a bit more difficult for some men I would imagine. Maybe he didn't wanna live a lie anymore, but was too shamed to admit it to his family. She is old school Italian after all. Just a theory....

very possible----it would explain one child being "in denial" and the other child "devastated"

Who's name is the car in ?i think he left the car cause you can't hide in a red gto

On Thread #1 (Post #212) is the first mention of the 45 minute phone call. But, I don't know where that particular person heard it/read it. :banghead:

Eileen-- agreed---- everyone has been very respectful of IM-----she is the only one talking and has not answered questions that have been asked. And those questions about RM's personality, quirks, manner of behaving can be answered by her or a family member--and none of those people are talking.

I wonder if the car was registered solely to him.
He could have taken it, and sold it for cash in another state or traded it in on his way to someplace else. If he left on his own, he seems to not want his family to even know if he is alive or dead, which is harsh, to say the least. If he wanted them to think he was dead, why not park near the ocean? Leave his shoes, etc. on the beach?

I don't feel like he left on his own. JMO obviously.

Perhaps he was leaving the car to his son and didn't employ the club because he wasn't certain that they had the key? Going even further - maybe leaving the seat in the front position was a signal?

Angel629-----post 234--- I remember that "45 minute call" as well---many commented that it was very long for a work phone call. IMO-a call that long means trouble the night before. And then (IIRC) it was amended to a shorter call---must have been the infamous oysters, lobster, BBQ call.--lol

well--all caught up--whew!!!!!!!!! only took 3 cups of cawfee---lololol

is anyone familiar with doctor-patient confidentiality laws? if RM had recently learned that he had a terminal condition (perhaps his headaches were more than he let on to IM) maybe he voluntarily checked into a facility. I know "why wouldn't he tell his family or want support", I don't know... I've heard stories of people receiving these diagnosis' and acting like dogs, cutting themselves off from all family and friends, so not to be a burden.

my question is, if RM were to be in a facility receiving care, even if the doctor knew he was reported missing, would they be allowed to call and say "he's a patient at..."?

desensitized--- good point--- I wondered if RM was at rehab, a facility etc----and the disappearing scene was a ruse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee