NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone familiar with doctor-patient confidentiality laws? if RM had recently learned that he had a terminal condition (perhaps his headaches were more than he let on to IM) maybe he voluntarily checked into a facility. I know "why wouldn't he tell his family or want support", I don't know... I've heard stories of people receiving these diagnosis' and acting like dogs, cutting themselves off from all family and friends, so not to be a burden.

my question is, if RM were to be in a facility receiving care, even if the doctor knew he was reported missing, would they be allowed to call and say "he's a patient at..."?

Good question hopefully IM will get a bill or a statement in the mail.

I don't think about bodies of water that way but I do look at wooded areas, even along the parkways, and think "how many bodies are in there?"

Oh I definitely think about it when I'm on the water. I look for floating flotsam.

And I know this sounds crazy but I open my windows on the Sag near Pine Aire Dr to see what it smells like.

Ya never know.

A few weeks ago I was driving around with my BF and stated just that. So many places to hide a body. Miles of woods along parkways, and Suffolk County is especially woodsy with lots of space between houses, and a lot of empty land. Very different than Nassau County which seems to have a house on every available acre.

My BFs response was, "yeah, but bodies always show up eventually, some jogger or bike rider will find him".

I just kept looking into the woods as we drove and wondered. How many bodies are we passing by. Very creepy.

The eastern part of the LIE is particulary woodsy----alot of bodies have been found even before those found on Gilgo Beach

This is just my opinion but I do not believe Robert is even in New York I could be way off about this but I think k he is long gone.

I think of poor Fred Byrne who left Michigan after dropping his son off at college and visiting his mom. It was valentine's day in the next day or so when he went missing. Told his mom he was on his way to buy a gift for his wife. Left a note that he'd be home to make dinner. Well his car was found 8 hours away in a national forest parking lot. Tire iron and something else noticeable missing from the trunk. He was found months later not far from his car. There was so much speculation that he left on his own with another woman. He did leave on his own, but took his own life. So sad. Perhaps the searches should continue onward wherever a bike can take you. I don't know the area so not sure how far searches exactly spanned, but I said in Fred Byrne's case about my thoughts of men reaching this age. He's reaching a milestone shortly. Not going to go into the whole thing, but maybe you get the point.

So true. I think we naturally assume that people never commit suicide on an otherwise "regular" day...that we're always going to see it coming. It's also hard for us to believe that anyone who looks like they have a great life, and people who love them, would do it. But they do. I pray that's not the case, here.

Have you read TOS regarding comments against other posters?

:tos:

Yes actually I have. And after an extremely rude comment towards me as if I cant or didnt read, I called her out on it, and offered a truce.

I have read all threads and interviews, and watched all televised interviews. Nowhere does it say 45 min. As stated, yes it has been discussed at great length, several times actually, however there is no verification of this. Sooo, that would have made me following the rules and the other person getty snippy about it.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

What I would like to know is

Did he wear his work ID around his neck or did he have it in his wallet.
Did he get a duplicate license lately (can be easily checked)
Did IM check with Lost and Found at train station for cell phone etc
Did she hire a PI
Did RM get someone fired or did he have a problem with a worker

:please: Im praying he is found just have a bad feeling.

BBM - All-in-all that seems the most likely scenario - someone was out to get him who was mad at him. Someone who knew his love of his car and that he never would park it at the train station - hence parking his car at the train station as the last bit of revenge!

ETA: maybe he knew about something such as copper being stolen and was about to blow the whistle..

Oh and I did this before ever even posting the first time because I did not want to speak without knowing all the "faqs"

Oh and I did this before ever even posting the first time because I did not want to speak without knowing all the "faqs"

I'm sorry, I just read back in the thread and could not see anything catty. I've been on this page since early June and enjoy the respect that each poster gets, there is overall acceptance of everyone's theories and opinions.

When referencing "faqs", we all reference the faqs page on FB which all on FB are directed to.

Facts are otherwise hard to come by.

Thread 3, post 942, and thread 4, post 190. Both by Sweetnspicy. IMO, both you and Sweetnspicy speak as if you know a lot of personal details about IM and RM. Once you post a detail that seems to be "inside" info, it's very noticeable. Perhaps getting verified would be a good idea?

How would I know "inside" information as I live on the other side of the US? I believe I made it very clear from the beginning, I am an outsider that has simply watched everything unfold, and this is simple the "impression" I get. I have not stated that anyone has been disrespectful, although at times I see some people being disrespectful on fb about it. I did however stated my observation and that IMO everyone was eliminating the possibility this poor woman is innocent and just stating the facts as she knows them. People can get things confused when under an enormous amount of stress...confusing phone calls because they have had so many, or remember ing the call ending in "I love you" because that is their mind in denial, and then coming forward and setting the record straight. Or the writer could have taken poetic license. I cant tell you how many times I have done an interview for the local newspaper (large city) and I watch them write the info down but when I read article they have it all wrong.

I believe all possibilities at this point, we do not have enough facts to eliminate any of them. I simply wanted people to consider "IM'S TRUTH" to be one of them.

How would I know "inside" information as I live on the other side of the US? I believe I made it very clear from the beginning, I am an outsider that has simply watched everything unfold, and this is simple the "impression" I get. I have not stated that anyone has been disrespectful, although at times I see some people being disrespectful on fb about it. I did however stated my observation and that IMO everyone was eliminating the possibility this poor woman is innocent and just stating the facts as she knows them. People can get things confused when under an enormous amount of stress...confusing phone calls because they have had so many, or remember ing the call ending in "I love you" because that is their mind in denial, and then coming forward and setting the record straight. Or the writer could have taken poetic license. I cant tell you how many times I have done an interview for the local newspaper (large city) and I watch them write the info down but when I read article they have it all wrong.

I believe all possibilities at this point, we do not have enough facts to eliminate any of them. I simply wanted people to consider "IM'S TRUTH" to be one of them.

Here is a direct quote from your post #190 on thread 4. Can you explain it? So it doesn't cause further confusion?

"I never said there were never any problems in their marriage. I know there were at some point, all marriages have their rough patches, although they stood by each other and I think that says a lot."

is anyone familiar with doctor-patient confidentiality laws? if RM had recently learned that he had a terminal condition (perhaps his headaches were more than he let on to IM) maybe he voluntarily checked into a facility. I know "why wouldn't he tell his family or want support", I don't know... I've heard stories of people receiving these diagnosis' and acting like dogs, cutting themselves off from all family and friends, so not to be a burden.

my question is, if RM were to be in a facility receiving care, even if the doctor knew he was reported missing, would they be allowed to call and say "he's a patient at..."?

I work in benefits administration. Due to HIPAA, no personal information can be given, even to a spouse, without expressed permission from the plan participant.

We are required to have the participant on the phone with the spouse to give permission on a recorded line or to three-way a conversation, again on the recorded line, where the participant authenticates his account and gives permission to speak to his spouse. It's quite serious business with humongous fines if violated.

If you have a problem with a poster or post, please feel free to alert it to the mods or admins; take if off the board via PM; or use your ignore feature. Discussing it and bickering on the thread takes away from Robert.

Still looking for the info on the length of time for the phone conversation, but I did find the Patch interview where it is stated that the call ended with "bye, love you" and not a lost connection. I also have a feeling the time was stated on the original FB page.

http://commack.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/week-in-review-search-continues-for-robert-mayer

I remember reading it and thinking that's a long time for a call at work. I've searched the articles, current FB, and videos to no avail. But I, as others here, remember it. It is curious that now the call dropped when before IM said the call ended with "love you." :banghead:

MOO

Here is a direct quote from your post #190 on thread 4. Can you explain it? So it doesn't cause further confusion?

"I never said there were never any problems in their marriage. I know there were at some point, all marriages have their rough patches, although they stood by each other and I think that says a lot."

Someone prior said that I was making their marriage out to be perfect, that I said they never had problems...which is NOT what I said. We all know there are problems in all marriages because we are all human. And I was refering to approx 7 years ago which is public information.

Wondering if the car has been released by LE yet. Not expecting any forensics to be revealed, but curious if its been released. This is one of the many things that have puzzled me.

I remember reading it and thinking that's a long time for a call at work. I've searched the articles, current FB, and videos to no avail. But I, as others here, remember it. It is curious that now the call dropped when before IM said the call ended with "love you." :banghead:

MOO

I have been racking my brain too about the 45 minute phone call. I do believe its possible it was mentioned once, perhaps on the original FB page, and it became "an urban legend" for want of a better phrase.

When did we get so obsessed with their being problems with the marriage and the extent of them? The "traditional" means of dealing with a troubled marriage is called "divorce", IIRC. (lol) While I do tend to believe he chose to escape rather than deal with the long term legalities, etc. of the alternative, or even that he intended just to runaway temporarily, I wonder why the rancor on WS?

I didn't mean to cause any rancor, I just thought it was interesting it was brought up in a personal way, as if it was a known fact. I know the state of the marriage has never been previously discussed here really, other than financial in some theories.

MOO

Since I was the one who started this whole debacle earlier, about the original call being 45 minutes, maybe I should just rephrase things. My *impression* of the last call between RM/IM was so different from what I read in the last article, that I taken aback. I pictured them having a leisurely conversation, that covered at least three topics (what to make for the Father's Day get-together, the trip to Italy, and their son's upcoming concert). The call ended on a nice note. The phone call as described in the article just sounded...different. It may not have anything to do with the case whatsoever, other than the fact that what little details we've been given, have had us going in circles. :scared:

Once again, after looking (an embarrassingly long time), I could not find "45 minutes" mentioned by IM or msm. Sorry.

:truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member