NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this helps answer the question:

http://www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/hipaa/phi_protection.html

"4.When an individual is incapacitated or in an emergency, providers sometimes may use or disclose PHI, without authorization, when it is in the best interests of the individual, as determined by health care provider in the exercise of clinical judgment. The PHI that may be disclosed under this provision includes the patient's name, location in a health care provider's facility, and limited and general information regarding the person's condition."

Also, where would the bills for rehab, hospice be going? I guess a PO Box could have been set up.

Perhaps he was leaving the car to his son and didn't employ the club because he wasn't certain that they had the key? Going even further - maybe leaving the seat in the front position was a signal?

I dont think he cared what happened to the car. Jmo

Hey here is a thought. Was he home the night before?
Did the kids see him? did he leave I. The middle of the night

I do not think he is in rehab or a mental facility. IMO he just walked awAy.

BBM. No it has not. Please tell me where it has. Even so, there is no perfect marriage. EVERY marriage will have problems.

Thread 3, post 942, and thread 4, post 190. Both by Sweetnspicy. IMO, both you and Sweetnspicy speak as if you know a lot of personal details about IM and RM. Once you post a detail that seems to be "inside" info, it's very noticeable. Perhaps getting verified would be a good idea?

The above post in response to my post:

Originally Posted by CuriousAmI
It has been reported there were problems in the marriage, RM had been texting with someone IM had issues with, per NCNY, a verified insider, and too many discrepancies with the details of the disappearance, conflicting stories, no official reports other than no foul play. We don't know why his beautiful GTO was at the train station. We don't know if he took a train. We don't know if he was at work, or at the scrap yard. We don't know a lot.

Hey here is a thought. Was he home the night before?
Did the kids see him? did he leave I. The middle of the night

I am still of the belief that the facts we know from the beginning are true:
He went to work.
People saw him there.
His cell phone pinged.
He went to the scrap yard. (Also had a thought about wording of "camera" not working to see his car. That place should have several cameras inside and out...so its possible that another camera did see him but that that has not been released to the public.)
Went home (neighbors camera sees him)...left money, cell phone (stated by insider or IM cant remember-but was later recanted) and wallet(explains ID at scrap yard) in the garage.
Left the car at the train station (somewhere between 3:00pm that day and 8pm the next day)

IMO opinion all of it could have been staged to make sure it was known as a final I am out of here. I think in the end it is just a matter of finding out why he did all this.

This is a strange case! Kinda like the McStay's who went out one evening with their two kids and haven't been seen since....

OT - interesting the way things affect a person - never thought about bodies of water the way you do....

The Indonesian tsunami a few years back put the kibosh I my going to Jersey shore.. perhaps in another life I got caught in one (tsunami) and that fear has been rekindled..

Wife and I used to jog when younger, just fast walk as we got older years though local wooded trails, run at night through the town - after watching the ID channel and being here on WS we don't do that anymore..

I don't think about bodies of water that way but I do look at wooded areas, even along the parkways, and think "how many bodies are in there?"

good point Mrs C.-- I would think that cameras would be when you enter the lot, the building and when a transaction is being performed, and when cash is being handed over

now that we're back to talking about his phone, I recall information stating the phone was in IMs possession, then later recanted. FAQ page states phone is not found, but they have records, it was a misunderstanding. can someone please explain to me why IM then asked the question about how to get phone records AFTER the FAQ had been updated if she already had them?

earlier someone said I was looking to much into IMs comment about "beating" RM when he got home. they said "that's how people joke"... ok, so let's assume this is a "joking" family, sometimes I get the feeling like RM and IM had a fight and someone said "I'm leaving" and the other said "I will hunt you down if you do" and the other said "you'd need an army to find me" <-- joking of course. and viola, SHE GOT AN ARMY! (I'm joking of course)

I think of poor Fred Byrne who left Michigan after dropping his son off at college and visiting his mom. It was valentine's day in the next day or so when he went missing. Told his mom he was on his way to buy a gift for his wife. Left a note that he'd be home to make dinner. Well his car was found 8 hours away in a national forest parking lot. Tire iron and something else noticeable missing from the trunk. He was found months later not far from his car. There was so much speculation that he left on his own with another woman. He did leave on his own, but took his own life. So sad. Perhaps the searches should continue onward wherever a bike can take you. I don't know the area so not sure how far searches exactly spanned, but I said in Fred Byrne's case about my thoughts of men reaching this age. He's reaching a milestone shortly. Not going to go into the whole thing, but maybe you get the point.

I don't think about bodies of water that way but I do look at wooded areas, even along the parkways, and think "how many bodies are in there?"

A few weeks ago I was driving around with my BF and stated just that. So many places to hide a body. Miles of woods along parkways, and Suffolk County is especially woodsy with lots of space between houses, and a lot of empty land. Very different than Nassau County which seems to have a house on every available acre.

My BFs response was, "yeah, but bodies always show up eventually, some jogger or bike rider will find him".

I just kept looking into the woods as we drove and wondered. How many bodies are we passing by. Very creepy.

I am still of the belief that the facts we know from the beginning are true:
He went to work.
People saw him there.
His cell phone pinged.
He went to the scrap yard. (Also had a thought about wording of "camera" not working to see his car. That place should have several cameras inside and out...so its possible that another camera did see him but that that has not been released to the public.)
Went home (neighbors camera sees him)...left money, cell phone (stated by insider or IM cant remember-but was later recanted) and wallet(explains ID at scrap yard) in the garage.
Left the car at the train station (somewhere between 3:00pm that day and 8pm the next day)

IMO opinion all of it could have been staged to make sure it was known as a final I am out of here. I think in the end it is just a matter of finding out why he did all this.

I think he went to work I just am not sure he was home the night before

Mrs C-- I had questions about that myself-----about scents being deliberately
confused with different scents---and your question is great-- What kind of dogs were used?????

I would imagine that any primary search for a missing person, would use a "regular" tracking dog ("air scenting"/"trailing"). As time goes on, or when you have the likelihood of finding a body, you'd use a cadaver dog.

The Suffolk County Sheriff's Canine Unit has tracking dogs. I'm not sure that they have cadaver dogs.

Long Island Search & Rescue (who conducted the very difficult search of Edgewood Preserve on 7/7) has ALL kinds of dogs.

The call was dropped to me is another way to say he hung up on me!
I think if what they were talking about was important he would have sent her a text sayi g he would call her later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member