NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that the SCPD is "chasing it's tail", either. The detective assigned to RM's case is NOT a stupid person and is fully capable of solving a missing person's case.

In all honesty if they gave that reporter a chance I really think he could do some deep coverage and help find him!

He said to an admin "My producer will take one look at this info and say he took off on his own" that's when the carnage started ...he wanted to ask hard questions and they zombied him

They weren't even hard questions, which made the whole thing seem like a zombie episode.

JMO

I read on the FB page she answered it was the right color but not the right bike. Someone said it was a "mongoose" and the bike posted was for someone 5'3"-5'9" not exactly tall enough for our guy

IIRC, RM had a Schwinn. IM's son corrected her.

Saw in the local newspaper that police stopped a man from jumping off the GW bridge the other day. They did not ID the man... I immediately thought of Robert.... don't know why but the idea of him taking off confused or to sort something out in his life - then becoming discouraged....

Lots of reading and not a lot of commenting from me...but I was considering something. The pics that are posted seem to be of vacations where they could have have cruised. IE-ship in the background. Maybe he was afraid to fly?? Maybe the phone call/fight? was about this trip to Italy and him not wanting to get on a plane. Maybe that was the icing on the cake. Also makes me think that a small plane was not the transportation he would have considered.

Also, further down in that thread with the news anchor..The mod started to back off and tell him she appreciated him being there..maybe they will reach out by PM or phone call.

I don't think a fear of flying is enough for him to disappear without a trace. Something else was going on if the Italy trip was involved, IMO.

Is hunting allowed at the preserve during the fall? Are there deer, turkey, and other small game living there? Hunters go deep off the trails and many times are the people who find remains.

Just a thought . .

I hope not! Could you imagine your kid riding his/her bike in there and running into a hunter?

I don't believe there is any hunting allowed on Long Island. But I could be wrong. Most people don't even have guns.

Is hunting allowed at the preserve during the fall? Are there deer, turkey, and other small game living there? Hunters go deep off the trails and many times are the people who find remains.

Just a thought . .

I doubt hunting would be permitted. Too close to main thoroughfares and daily activity. I could be wrong. Not to mention, when it is described as dense, it is DENSE. Ive never been hunting but I couldn't imagine trying to navigate through that stuff. I guess in the fall when the leaves come down it might get easier. I don't know.

They weren't even hard questions, which made the whole thing seem like a zombie episode.

JMO

I really don't get it!!! if it were someone I loved I'd be yelling who he was from the housetops! I'd be posting all those vids of how he walked talked and held his glass!!

seriously don't understand it. And if a reporter from a news outlet wanted to ask questions I would give him carte blanche!!!

I don't believe that the SCPD is "chasing it's tail", either. The detective assigned to RM's case is NOT a stupid person and is fully capable of solving a missing person's case.

By "chasing their tail" I respectfully meant that they were unable to proceed with the information they currently have and may find it conflicting enough to muddy the waters.

Just wanted to clear that up... :facepalm:

So...outside of Ida, we've had ONE person try to discuss facts of the case and that one person suddenly stopped discussing. Why? We don't know. Now, we've had our first what seems to be investigative reporter stonewalled. Why? We don't know. Either there is crucial evidence that is being protected in order to continue/complete the investigation...OR...there are very strange motives for keeping facts and seemingly prying yet important questions squelched.

New updates to the FAQ sheet just posted. A red car was seen on video tape in his driveway June 14, wallet and $300.00 found in a drawer in garage at 4pm. Car is seen pulling out of driveway at 2:51pm, IM pulled in at 3:00pm. No phone calls within that 10 minute timeframe. One week later phone is found turned off in a drawer in the garage (during a search). Nothing else missing from house.

I'm sure I'm missing something. Have to check it again.

I hope not! Could you imagine your kid riding his/her bike in there and running into a hunter?

I don't believe there is any hunting allowed on Long Island. But I could be wrong. Most people don't even have guns.

You are probably right, but in my area of Massachusetts there is hunting at the end of my street! I live by a large tract of raw woodlands and I often see hunters in late fall. The land is surrounded by neighborhoods and many people use the trails for dog walking, hiking, mountain biking, atv riding, etc. Both my dog and I wear blaze orange at that time of year. I always check the state/county's hunting calendar online too. I often run into hunters. There is a bow hunting season too and they don't have to wear blaze orange. They are all in camouflage.

I didn't realize there was hunting allowed, until years after I moved there!

OK, wallet and $300 was found June 14 around 4pm, when info of a red car on video was released 1 week later, garage was searched and the phone was found in another drawer.

Not much of the car is seen, just a corner of a red car.

New updates to the FAQ sheet just posted. RM's car was seen on video tape in his driveway, wallet and phone found in a drawer in garage, along with $300.00. RM left driveway at 2:51pm, IM pulled in at 3:00pm. No phone calls within that 10 minute timeframe. Nothing else missing from house.

With his car seen on video in the driveway, are they Assuming he was the driver, so they mention that RM left the driveway at 2:51.
Was RM on that video too? It would make it clearer to say that RM and the car Both were found on the video, not after the fact to add that RM left the driveway.
IMOO.

OK, wallet and $300 was found June 14 around 4pm, when info of a red car on video was released 2 weeks later, garage was searched and the phone was found in another drawer.

Not much of the car is seen, just a corner of a red car.

well, if not much of the car was seen, how do they know that RM was the driver?
IMOO.

New updates to the FAQ sheet just posted. RM's car was seen on video tape in his driveway, wallet and phone found in a drawer in garage, along with $300.00. RM left driveway at 2:51pm, IM pulled in at 3:00pm. No phone calls within that 10 minute timeframe. Nothing else missing from house.

can't tell if it was Rob driving only saw top of car and that it was red...phone was turned off 300 and phone were in different drawers

With his car seen on video in the driveway, are they Assuming he was the driver, so they mention that RM left the driveway at 2:51.
Was RM on that video too? It would make it clearer to say that RM and the car Both were found on the video, not after the fact to add that RM left the driveway.
IMOO.

It states only a corner or hood of the car is visible, RM is not on video, nor is anyone else.

can't tell if it was Rob driving only saw top of car and that it was red...phone was turned off 300 and phone were in different drawers

Interesting......so therefore it Could have been someone else driving and left out of his driveway. There is proof of the car leaving the driveway, but no proof of who drove that car out of the driveway.
IMOO.

I've gone back and corrected my posts. There is no sighting of RM, only a bit of a red car, then IM's car. I'm thinking there is obstructed view or camera angle only gets a little of the driveway. There is nobody seen, only a bit of a red car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member