NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, wallet and $300 was found June 14 around 4pm, when info of a red car on video was released 1 week later, garage was searched and the phone was found in another drawer.

Not much of the car is seen, just a corner of a red car.

Were this an abduction, I doubt many perps would drive up to a victims home, go into the garage, put a cell phone in one drawer and $300.00 in cash in another, then drive away (possibly) to the train station. The risk of being seen (and later ID'd) by a neighbor or family member would be too great. I doubt even a union member would attempt this.

Now this leaves us with only two possibilities for a driver....RM and someone who would not raise suspicion if seen in the car.

Were this an abduction, I doubt many perps would drive up to a victims home, go into the garage, put a cell phone in one drawer and $300.00 in cash in another, then drive away (possibly) to the train station. The risk of being seen (and later ID'd) by a neighbor or family member would be too great. I doubt even a union member would attempt this.

Now this leaves us with only two possibilities for a driver....RM and someone who would not raise suspicion if seen in the car.

Exactly!!
IMOO.

It also states the phone was being monitored for incoming calls. I don't believe there were any though. LE allowing this info to be released now.

I posted this info (regarding him returning home) over a month ago and it was confirmed by NCNY (who unfortunately has stopped posting). In my opinion, time and effort in the search was wasted due to not releasing this information. The focus should have been on the path from the house to the train station for the time immediately following his departure from the house.

Could abductors have gained/been given access to the garage and the abduction took place in the garage? Perp(s) drive car out with rm in it.

Interesting......so therefore it Could have been someone else driving and left out of his driveway. There is proof of the car leaving the driveway, but no proof of who drove that car out of the driveway.
IMOO.

Hmmm, it either had to been RM or someone close to him. How could it be any other way? Was the garage door opener found???

Hmmm, it either had to been RM or someone close to him. How could it be any other way? Was the garage door opener found???

No mention of gsrage door opener. Just that nothing is missing from house like luggage, important papers, etc.

I posted this info (regarding him returning home) over a month ago and it was confirmed by NCNY (who unfortunately has stopped posting). In my opinion, time and effort in the search was wasted due to not releasing this information. The focus should have been on the path from the house to the train station for the time immediately following his departure from the house.

And that scent and footprint evidence is long gone.

Wonder why RM would put a cell phone in one drawer and cash in another....seems a bit odd. Perhaps the $300.00 was a token "here ya go...that's all I have and I'm outa here".

Just thinking----I believe hunting is allowed on LI--different seasons for cross-bow etc.
I live eastern LI and we have had hunters "wander" onto our property. Also on the LIE, you will begin to see cars parked on the side of the road---hunters park and walk into the woods.

Have a feeling something will happen soon----holiday weekend coming. I base this on a feeling--nothing scientific.

And that scent and footprint evidence is long gone.Wonder why RM would put a cell phone in one drawer and cash in another....seems a bit odd. Perhaps the $300.00 was a token "here ya go...that's all I have and I'm outa here".

BBM...actually, it doesn't change the timeframe of the car being found on June 15 at 8pm at train station. There was no scent found June 15.

can't tell if it was Rob driving only saw top of car and that it was red...phone was turned off 300 and phone were in different drawers

did they say what denomination the bills were in?? And how were they found?? organized, in an envelope, rubberband, loose--looked like one transaction or a few????

Wonder why RM would put a cell phone in one drawer and cash in another....seems a bit odd. Perhaps the $300.00 was a token "here ya go...that's all I have and I'm outa here".

Trackergd-- I am going to defer to your expertise--as regards scents can they be muddled or confused?? With rubbing alcohol, turpentine, lime?? ANd second question--how long could a scent remain "intact" in an enclosed area like THE CAR??

EXACTLY!!!
I have always felt that!! Whatever happened ....happened in between the house and DP.

did they say what denomination the bills were in?? And how were they found?? organized, in an envelope, rubberband, loose--looked like one transaction or a few????

Just that 300 was found in a different drawer than the one the phone was in

Always felt that too....here's all the cash I have...here's the car...I'm outta here!

and I would really love it if they posted that sec vid!!!!

Could abductors have gained/been given access to the garage and the abduction took place in the garage? Perp(s) drive car out with rm in it.

very possible Clemenza--if garage door was closed there is a little bit more window for a perp/perps.

Was it RM's routine to be home when the kids got in?? I'd guess different times for each kid--If I am allowed to ask -- not sleuthing the kids--just trying to an idea of how much a time a perp would have--He/She would really have to be quick about what they were doing.

Oh I feel awful for IM and her kids.

I do think he left on his own. How very sad.

I guess the "bad guys" at the scrap yard are FINALLY off the hook. Or, is someone going to suggest that after murdering Rob, they went to his house, dropped off his things, then parked his car at the station?
:floorlaugh:

Absoooooooluuuuuutely!!!! love the dropped off his things line!!! Just a quick innie and then we're outtie!!! hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria