NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point--- someone would have to know RM, be familiar with him to know where to park THE CAR------a perp would leave it somewhere unlikely

I think it was a sign to whoever knew he parked there. Here's what I think of this car now..."I don't care what happens to it cause I'm done" MOO

Excellent question. I don't recall. I'll go look around some and check it out.

As for the info on missing persons sites. I'm unsure how the info gets modified. Anyone?

I remember her saying she called him to discuss bbq, and that's when he told her to pick up oysters along with lobsters

If he hadn't answered she would have kept calling and might have turned up at work to see what was wrong...I think he took scrap to Arrow because he didn't want an atm to trace his money. Maybe he needed cash for train or taxi or airplane tickets. (The airports in locale with the smaller planes don't keep records) he knew her schedule maybe knew that she would be at her parents that time of day so he waited to arrive when she would be gone to drop off his ID and to retrieve his bike. just my thoughts...I have an ex-husband who kept a secret life for a very long time (3 yrs) imma pretty smart girl but he had such a deep cover...maybe RM was the same MOO

Very good points, sorry to hear about your experience.

I was thinking that he would have to have everything ready for that day so as not to make any additional stops. The clean getaway so to speak.

Moo and all that good stuff.

As far as car being found at station...IM said the entire area was searched by close friends, not just station. They just happened to find it there.

I think it was a sign to whoever knew he parked there. Here's what I think of this car now..."I don't care what happens to it cause I'm done" MOO

Interesting. I think of it more as, "Here is the car. You can have it. I left it for it to be found." Different takes. JMO

I have always thought that too...I think it was a planned leave. And he left anything and everything that tied him to his family or to his wife. ID, car, took the bike to ride or sell. I believe that he left the ID when he was seen on the neighbors vid.

It could have been long planned or just, a long term idle musing to leave, put into action impulsively. I do tend to believe that he chose to leave, however. MOO

I wonder if Rob got this much attention in real life, when he was around...this is a very active thread considering the almost complete lack of info or news, IMO.

Very good points, sorry to hear about your experience.

I was thinking that he would have to have everything ready for that day so as not to make any additional stops. The clean getaway so to speak.

Moo and all that good stuff.

Thanks! OT But ever so much happier now I'm single!

Agreed but they say(whoever they are) you make 25 mistakes when you commit a murder. So maybe you make a little more when just planning to leave somebody :seeya:

I wonder if Rob got this much attention in real life, when he was around...this is a very active thread considering the almost complete lack of info or news, IMO.

I wondered about that too....and the FB site is busy as well. I'm not a member of that page ( :scared: )

I bet they never thought it would be this high profiled

You really never know what a person is going through, what drives them to stay, leave, disappear.
Again, the only info we have is via IM. There is noone publically saying how happy or sad or comfortable or tormented RM was.
Im sure he is a great guy...he just looks like it, IMO...i just wish someone other than IM would speak up and back her up.

These are just my thoughts. Hopefully they come out clear... Lol.

I don't think he left on his own, or willingly, at the same time i'm not sure about the suicide angle, I'm leaning away from that, but there are so many questions unanswered.

We have virtually nothing from LE and info only seems to be coming from one source.

Why run errands ( scrap yard then leave wallet and cash in garage) and make phone calls, 40 min call in morn to IM if your leaving. I think if he was planning on going he would have ignored that call and not even answered.

If there was evidence of a walk away wouldn't his profile be deleted or unavailable on namus and all other missing persons sites it appears on, or at least some mention along the lines of he "may" have left on his own?

I think his car was staged to be found in that spot. No scent... Etc. Not sure when it may have been placed there. It don't make sense. Also, why search for his car in an area he "hated" and where he supposedly hadn't been to in somewhere around 5 years?

IDK, this case makes my head spin and I may be completely off mark on my thoughts, but there they are.

Moo... and all that good stuff.

Hmm, I wonder if the person who discovered the car at the train staion was told to look in that area . . Just a thought . .

OK kids--- heading out----everyone have a great night---cannot wait to read all the posts in the a.m. with my cawfee---Stay safe!!!!!

at the very start on FB, it was stated that the car was parked in its' USUAL spot. Close to railing. Front and center. Then it was changed a bit to say it was near his usual spot. Either way, i believe if a crime was committed and he was harmed then the perps would either trash the car or hide it. Also, it would not be clean and empty. Unless it was a "hit" and the clean car at station is a warning to the family. All speculation, ofcourse.

How would anyone know his usual spot unless they rode with him? Maybe he discussed it?

How would anyone know his usual spot unless they rode with him? Maybe he discussed it?

People who commute by railroad are very particular about which station they use and will never alternate between stations,where they park, where they board the train, which train and where they sit/ stand. I am certain that anyone who was close to him knew where his usual parking spot was. Someone who is that set in his ways will wake up an hour early JUST to get THAT spot.

Sounds crazy. I know. Its how it is.
:fence:

People who commute by railroad are very particular about which station they use and will never alternate between stations,where they park, where they board the train, which train and where they sit/ stand. I am certain that anyone who was close to him knew where his usual parking spot was. Someone who is that set in his ways will wake up an hour early JUST to get THAT spot.

Sounds crazy. I know. Its how it is.
:fence:

so weird....I mean about his being "Late" but getting up at 4:30...and Secretary says work shift is 7-2
I know foremans go in earlier but 2 hours

So you're thinking that they checked the train station for his car (just because they were checking all avenues) and then found it where he usually parked and then asked themselves "Did RM do this on purpose?"

You really never know what a person is going through, what drives them to stay, leave, disappear.
Again, the only info we have is via IM. There is noone publically saying how happy or sad or comfortable or tormented RM was.
Im sure he is a great guy...he just looks like it, IMO...i just wish someone other than IM would speak up and back her up.

Absolutely agree it would be nice to hear from someone else. LE would be ideal, JMO.

why is it assumed that because LE hasn't released the car to IM it's because they have evidence or are investigatin it further, yet IM herself has admitted that even after calling LE in regards to call found on scanner, SHE had to go out and investigate herself. clearly LE is not doing the investigating they're suspected of doing if IM is going door to door asking questions herself. maybe they just haven't released the car because it's not in her name. maybe she needs to go file papers with the courts to get the car without RM.

I feel if LE had a clear cut answer ("We'd like to run some more tests." or "It's just a technicality. You're going to need to have the car's title transferred to your name first."), they would say so. I don't know what to make of NO answer. Everything about this case (or should I say, what WE know) is just so puzzling. :scared:

I think it is possible he took off, but why would he quit his job, leave his kids, have no contact with his mom and sister, and leave all his possessions behind, as well as his wallet? This begs the questions, if he did indeed take off:

Was he afraid of IM?

Was he afraid of someone else and felt he needed to go into hiding?

Was he sick of his life and for his own sanity needed to cut all ties?

Did he meet someone and wanted to start over with no ties, baggage or someone haunting (wife) his every move?

Something had to be seriously amiss for him to take off without a trace and leave everything behind.

There are probably a dozen more questions, but these are a few . .

LOL OHHHHHH I have a lot of things I want to say and cant.
But I think hes alive and well and NOT Penniless.
So Ill sit here on my hands lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member