NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, LE is only going to do so much in a case like this, and if they cannot find any sign of foul play, there isn't much they can do. He did not take any minors with him, a la the McStays (if they did so voluntarily). He has not broken any criminal laws, as far as we know. If IM truly has no idea where he went or what may have happened, she might be better off with the best PI or tracer money can buy, approach it like a deadbeat dad-type scenario. A lot of those guys seem to be located. JMO

One of the mods on facebook said one of her favorite questions that was of no importance was "what did he have for lunch"? (she went on to say he brought his lunch). I think that is important. Did he eat/chat with a co-worker during lunch? Did he have a favorite lunch spot? Frequently workers talk to the cashier while waiting for their lunch order to be prepared. Knowing his habits may determine who the last person to speak with him on 6/14. Maybe he mentioned what his plans were for the rest of the day.

In my opinion, there has been no information provided that would make a good story for an investigative reporter.

If asked thru proper channels, are police required to give an official statement regarding a case? Even if the answer is, we have no comment, the case is under investigation.

One of the mods on facebook said one of her favorite questions that was of no importance was "what did he have for lunch"? (she went on to say he brought his lunch). I think that is important. Did he eat/chat with a co-worker during lunch? Did he have a favorite lunch spot? Frequently workers talk to the cashier while waiting for their lunch order to be prepared. Knowing his habits may determine who the last person to speak with him on 6/14. Maybe he mentioned what his plans were for the rest of the day.

In my opinion, there has been no information provided that would make a good story for an investigative reporter.

If asked thru proper channels, are police required to give an official statement regarding a case? Even if the answer is, we have no comment, the case is under investigation.

Exactly! For instance, I am allergic to dairy - so if I were ever missing, chances are, I won't be in an ice cream shop.

I don't like sushi - so scratch that.

Nearly all of my family lives in one state - look there.

I can't stand driving through Kansas, Nebraska or the Dakotas.

I'm terrified of "edges", so big mountains aren't my thing either.

I loved Key West.

Hate big cities....although the layout of NYC makes absolute and complete sense to me. I can still get you from the Bronx to Long Island pulling a trailer.

I will fly, but I don't like it.....and I would never fly more than 4 or 5 hours, so scratch hopping a plane out of the county.

So, YES, those things are important. No matter how trivial, it could help narrow down THE WORLD!

For whatever reason, the questions regarding mannerisms, likes, dislikes, hobbies and habits have been ignored on several occasions. Which really makes no sense...it cannot hinder any progress in the investigation.

I agree, having that information could be the difference of making a call to authorities or not. Seeing someone who resembles RM is one thing, if he ordered his favorite sandwich without mayo is another....I don't understand why the admins of FB page don't get that!:banghead:

I agree, having that information could be the difference of making a call to authorities or not. Seeing someone who resembles RM is one thing, if he ordered his favorite sandwich without mayo is another....I don't understand why the admins of FB page don't get that!:banghead:

Because they are too busy policing, protecting and deleting.

The fb page is worthless. Too much blather. A news anchor asked a very reasonable question, which I have also thought would be good to know in a search: Did RM have a favorite place he liked to visit or would like to visit? Well, some people find the question too intrusive for some reason. I don't think RM will ever be found, IMO.

INSANE!! Why would they treat an interested news anchor that way?

I am just... :banghead:

i agree. RM may have become friendly with a co-worker and/or a restaurant worker and had a few conversations with them. One of these conversations could provide a clue on his plans, troubles or his whereabouts. Maybe LE already talked with these people, but maybe not. Flyers in that area wouldn't be such a bad idea. A waitress could come forward with a tip from a conversation she had with him or perhaps, someone used to see him meeting someone for lunch. Nothing may come of it, but who knows?

JMO and just some thoughts

It is so simple to set up a "prayer and hope" page. Why not just do that? And add the number to call police with any info? The page calls itself a search group for Robert and yet rejects most questions that might form a more complete picture of him. And presumably, they prefer to think he is alive. So I really do not understand why providing details, both large and small, is balked at.

IMO lots of people look like Rob. If he is alive and going about his business elsewhere, it is the details that would help identify him, make a person look again, or listen to a conversation, for example.

But then again, Rob's case is not exactly getting national attention, so he could well be living his new life in Scranton or Boston or Miami and no one would look twice at him.

I still have no one theory stronger than another as to what happened to him.
JMO

I believe the Mods have said several times in the past to not discuss the FB page, so to echo their words, 'Move on'.

This isn't one's favorite episode of a soap, but most are treating that way. <modsnip> :waiting:

INSANE!! Why would they treat an interested news anchor that way?

I am just... :banghead:

It was almost like they were not reading what he was saying and asking. Some of the comments were rude. One woman told him, "SHAME ON YOU!". It was seriously over the top! Pure schoolyard bully stuff. I would have referred him to IM (private message) and let her decide if she wants to answer the questions, which I found very reasonable and not intrusive. If she doesn't want to answer, she can make that decision--- not the 2000 fb group members. Lol

I know we aren't suppose to drag the drama here, but it is sure hard to not mention it.

I believe the Mods have said several times in the past to not discuss the FB page, so to echo their words, 'Move on'.

This isn't one's favorite episode of a soap, but most are treating that way. <modsnip> :waiting:
I believe the mods can speak for themselves, and would do so without being insulting. No, this is not my idea of a fav soap, please do not speak for me. <modsnip>

I believe the mods can speak for themselves, and would do so without being insulting. No, this is not my idea of a fav soap, please do not speak for me. <modsnip>

The Mods 'have spoken for themselves' if you read past posts. I was not trying to speak for them, only pointing out the repeated guidelines that they have laid out. I was being adult-like, pointing out the childish things. You don't need me to point it out, I think you know it. Also just being polite without flagging your posts.

I just want to say, one more time, that all areas searched by the dogs (the area around RM's car, the train station, Edgewood Preserve, Pilgrim Psychiatric) failed to reveal RM's scent. The two agencies involved (SCPD, and Long Island SAR) have dogs/handlers who are well respected and have good records (as in award-winning). I have no reason to doubt their findings. I realize that there are endless OTHER places where RM could conceivably be, but I am willing to accept two things: 1) RM's body is not in Edgewood Preserve, and 2) no scent of RM tracking away from his car = RM did not park that car.

Also, at the 7-week mark:
"A Suffolk County Police Department spokesperson tells the Press, detectives do not believe Mayer&#8217;s disappearance to be the result of foul play at this stage and that the investigation is ongoing."

Although we don't know the details of their investigation, I don't think that LE said that in a casual way. I think from Day One, their instincts told them where this case was headed, and through the weeks of their investigation they became more confident in those instincts.

Quote came from:
http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

I just want to say, one more time, that all areas searched by the dogs (the area around RM's car, the train station, Edgewood Preserve, Pilgrim Psychiatric) failed to reveal RM's scent. The two agencies involved (SCPD, and Long Island SAR) have dogs/handlers who are well respected and have good records (as in award-winning). I have no reason to doubt their findings. I realize that there are endless OTHER places where RM could conceivably be, but I am willing to accept two things: 1) RM's body is not in Edgewood Preserve, and 2) no scent of RM tracking away from his car = RM did not park that car.

Also, at the 7-week mark:
"A Suffolk County Police Department spokesperson tells the Press, detectives do not believe Mayer’s disappearance to be the result of foul play at this stage and that the investigation is ongoing."

Although we don't know the details of their investigation, I don't think that LE said that in a casual way. I think from Day One, their instincts told them where this case was headed, and through the weeks of their investigation they became more confident in those instincts.

Quote came from:
http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

Thank you Angel. My head is spinning from last night. While a theory posted may once in a while steer me in the opposite direction, my gut always brings me back to RM walking away.

Sweet--your post 272--nice!!!! I am wondering about "the friend" too--RM would have to be in some contact with him for this person to have his work phone number.

I think she wants to and has told LE but they dont have evidence and she IMO acts like she wants. To talk but "others" have taken control and are telling her what she should and should not say and she is so scared she is listening as she doesnt know what to do. Her "tone" lately makes me think she is starting to crack and say the heck with it soon

She is a lawyer---and knows how far she can push.
Is the cracking on FB????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member