NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks McSpy---- His sister cannot even look up. And there is a stand alone ATM and no cameras?? Wonder if the ATM camera was checked at all.

His sister's demeanor reminds me of Terry Horman at the presser for when Kyron Horman went missing...anybody remember that???

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20818/0/

Above the description mentions sneakers + wedding band.
Different information below.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

If the police believe there is no foul play or indication of a crime committed, why does this show RM as "endangered"? 2+2=5 Does this mean LE believed him to be a suicide + approached from day 1 with that in mind? Just spinning my wheels + noticed differences in the descriptions. (because you know I went on the hunt to see where in tarnation I had read white sneakers + wedding band, couldn't find it :panic: thought I imagined it for a minute.) Then of course I had to wonder "why". :banghead:

LOL. We've all been there with this case. Hard to keep the facts from fiction. Although there are so few facts one would think it would be easy.

I think, yes, the devil is in the details, and I think the car has A LOT of meaning to this case......a lot of pieces still missing, and I think there's more to that car then just being at the train station.......
Of course, just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but just throwing it out there.....
With IM being Evasive about the car in that interview brings up Red flags to go with that red car. IMOO.

Watching the Body Language here when she says "everyone said he was a nice guy" looked as though she did not think he was such a nice guy. Cagey looking, eyes wandering all over the place indicates lying. This woman is playing a role and she is a poor actress. Am I the only one who sees this? Sorry, but I am never wrong. We will see.

:please:

True one source....do we even know money was left???? Are we sure of any "facts" in this case???

BBM - Sadly, the only fact I am sure of is Robert Mayer is missing.

And I have questions about that car. The reporter mentioned Twice about the car to IM, but IM did not answer that question, instead she talks about his work, and says I don't know many times. The reporter did not bring up his work.
The video was not spliced, either from what I could see.
IMOO.

I took the same from the video as you Tree. On my end though the audio was very low / difficult to hear. Its the audio of course not my hearing ability! So I wasn't 100% certain that 1 of the reporters didn't ask something I couldn't hear in the background related to his work. I heard the question about targeting for the car, then before IM could answer it seemed like someone else added on to ask about any enemies. I took it that she was answering the add on question, last thing she heard + didn't get back to the car. :dunno:

Oh boy oh mister do I have questions about THE CAR!

And I have questions about that car. The reporter mentioned Twice about the car to IM, but IM did not answer that question, instead she talks about his work, and says I don't know many times. The reporter did not bring up his work.
The video was not spliced, either from what I could see.
IMOO.

I have been all over IM, but lets cut her some slack. Assuming she directly had nothing to do with this, she's a complete mess. Her spouse is missing. Her world has been turned upside down.

It isnt like shes sitting for a calm interview where she can collect her thoughts and all...so her not answering the reporter was probably because her brain was scattered.
As much as I dont cut her any slack in the methods she uses releasing "facts", I take those interviews with a grain of salt, due to the supposed duress she may be under

Just some thoughts...

If he never left the house at all...let's say he went up to the attic to do something and had an aneurysm, heart attack, etc. I think the smell would be horrendous in the house after a while. And, why would the car be back at the train station.

I work in benefits administration. More than three days off work without reporting in is job abandonment and the employee would be fired. Not sure how that works in the union, don't handle that. Also not sure how long benefits would remain open if someone in the family let us know of a missing persons police report on that employee.

Then again, with no income from him, and IM not working much, they would probably qualify for Medicaid.

Watching the Body Language here when she says "everyone said he was a nice guy" looked as though she did not think he was such a nice guy. Cagey looking, eyes wandering all over the place indicates lying. This woman is playing a role and she is a poor actress. Am I the only one who sees this? Sorry, but I am never wrong. We will see.

Yesterday I was going to post about this, but I did not only because I found this website from the FBI that states...........

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/june_2011/school_violence

"The investigator knows that a suspect displaying shifty eyes and gaze aversion and looking up and to the left when answering uncomfortable questions is exhibiting signs of lying. The suspect is not totally disinterested, but he is reluctant to participate in the interview. Because the suspect’s behavior suggests dishonesty, the detective prepares to drill still deeper in the questioning.

Unfortunately, this investigator likely would be wrong. Twenty-three out of 24 peer-reviewed studies published in scientific journals reporting experiments on eye behavior as an indicator of lying have rejected this hypothesis.1 No scientific evidence exists to suggest that eye behavior or gaze aversion can gauge truthfulness reliably.

Some people say that gaze aversion is the sure sign of lying, others that fidgety feet or hands are the key indicators. Still others believe that analysis of voice stress or body posture provides benchmarks. Research has tested all of these indicators and found them only weakly associated with deception.2"

wow, that's a very bold statement. I will agree her eyes wander quite a a bit, but I don't know if it's acting, lying or nerves.

I have been all over IM, but lets cut her some slack. Assuming she directly had nothing to do with this, she's a complete mess. Her spouse is missing. Her world has been turned upside down.

It isnt like shes sitting for a calm interview where she can collect her thoughts and all...so her not answering the reporter was probably because her brain was scattered.
As much as I dont cut her any slack in the methods she uses releasing "facts", I take those interviews with a grain of salt, due to the supposed duress she may be under

Oh, I understand, as in one of my posts on the previous page of the thread I mention I don't know if her speech patterns are because of distress and I am sure it was not an easy interview.
IMOO.

We've mentioned her evasiveness and mannerisms before in a general way. The FBI links are wonderful however, it's starting to look like sleuthing IM.

I believe IM owns some income property, so I do think she is able to get by without RMs income. shell just be on a tight budget.

Just some thoughts...

If he never left the house at all...let's say he went up to the attic to do something and had an aneurysm, heart attack, etc. I think the smell would be horrendous in the house after a while. And, why would the car be back at the train station.

I work in benefits administration. More than three days off work without reporting in is job abandonment and the employee would be fired. Not sure how that works in the union, don't handle that. Also not sure how long benefits would remain open if someone in the family let us know of a missing persons police report on that employee.

Then again, with no income from him, and IM not working much, they would probably qualify for Medicaid.

I don't think hes dead or died in the house but what if hes hiding out there.
Hiding in plain sight!

We've mentioned her evasiveness and mannerisms before in a general way. The FBI links are wonderful however, it's starting to look like sleuthing IM.

Right, I never meant for it to be that way, so I apologize if it comes off that way. It was not my intention.

Hiding in plain sight!

If that is the case, why would she say in the interview that he needs to be brought home? Why would SAR look for him in the Preserve?
Do you think he is hiding in the house, but no one knows but himself?
I am a little lost here.......
IMOO.

His sister's demeanor reminds me of Terry Horman at the presser for when Kyron Horman went missing...anybody remember that???

I remember. I didn't however see the likeness that you did. From what little I saw of RM's sister in the video she appeared to me exhausted, looked like she'd been endlessly crying by the puffiness of her eyes, like a devastated, scared, grieving sister, because her brother disappeared and it seems to be out of character so I'm assuming she would be thinking the worst. JMO of course.

Exactly. We all get an impression of someone + a couple things in the interview stuck out to me. They easily could be explained by her state of mind at that moment. JMO

If that is the case, why would she say in the interview that he needs to be brought home? Why would SAR look for him in the Preserve?
Do you think he is hiding in the house, but no one knows but himself?
I am a little lost here.......
IMOO.

Was just a thought!
If someone is after him or they want him to appear missing what better way to do it?

And make everyone think he is OUT THERE somewhere.

Hiding in plain sight!

Having a hard time visualizing this one. Like in a magic closet like in the Narnia movies? Or like living behind a fake wall in a secret room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop