NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things seem to break weekly on a 9 year old car, IMO. I think he was in and out of that trunk a lot for work and family.

I don't think he kept anything in that trunk!
If he did he would have fixed it! (if it was really broken)

I totally agree with Clemenza.
Anyone who has kids (young or old) knows they are not good with keeping OTHER people's secrets. LOL.
Keeping THAT kind of information secret, BOTH OF THEM..not a chance.
I do not believe for a minute that they know something that IM does not.
:truce:

Mom ----I think the kids know what IM knows------I don't think RM totally "spilled his guts" to his kids. I think he said he was leaving, may have given a time frame and nothing further. MOO:twocents:MOO

So the trunk is broken.....how does this explain the tools missing? I dont understand that part.

Where they stolen at the train station? Did he not keep them in there because the trunk was broken?

And if the car is his "baby", why was the trunk broken?? Wouldnt you have it fixed immediately if you dearly loved a car that much? It obviously didnt just break, since IM knew it was broken, it must have happened AT LEAST a few days ago.
So now, where are the tools? Where are his co-workers? Can they be asked if his tools are on site in a lock box? Is that what they typically do, leave them on site? I suppose it depends on the security on the job site? What was on the scrap yard receipt, (assuming one exists) his tools? I would really LOVE for someone to explain the missing tool theory. Even if they were found on the jobsite like SOP dictates, that would be a huge help.

He surely didnt take the tools with him and leave the $300 cash behind, right?
:dunno:

Do we know for fact the tools are still missing?

IIRC - his missing poster said last known wearing - white sneakers or work boots + wedding ring. Some people keep sneakers in their car, so after work they can change before running errands or ? on the way home. If he did that, the workboots would've been found in the locked car or garage. What, he went biking with workboots laced over his shoulder? I know lots of guys working in his field that refuse to wear any rings because its an easy way to lose a finger if it gets snagged on something. So that description just bothers me.

Ummm I was on here about the tools... I assume they were looked for at work, in THE CAR, garage, home, scrapyard, etc... Were they located? Or is he biking away, boots laced over his shoulder, toolbelt strapped on his waist with a few tools tied on his ankles. He'd blend right into the crowd that way.

JMO - I don't believe he walked away + is off on a new adventure. I wish I did. I get stuck on his wallet, cash, car + so forth being left behind. It leaves me with 2 most likely choices. 1 - He left everything behind because he was going to commit suicide and had no use for it. 2 - He left everything behind because he was going to somewhere / someone dangerous and wanted nothing personal with him + dangerous won out to his detriment. It just appears to me that he when he left he didn't think he was coming back.

I too would sure like to know the details of his transaction at the scrapyard. Exactly what items were scrapped. It probably is much ado about absolutely nothing. But I gotsa ta know.

1 last thing - The garage at home was IIRC located under a portion of the house. This is different to me than a stand alone structure, in the sense of it is more part of the house and then to my mind more conceivable for RM to leave things like a wallet or cash in. Way back in the threads there was a link to permits for renovations over the years at that address. Reading through that link is where IIRC I noticed the "garage under home" bit.

Where I am going with these bits I have not a clue. :waitasec:

Do we know for fact the tools are still missing?

IIRC - his missing poster said last known wearing - white sneakers or work boots + wedding ring. Some people keep sneakers in their car, so after work they can change before running errands or ? on the way home. If he did that, the workboots would've been found in the locked car or garage. What, he went biking with workboots laced over his shoulder? I know lots of guys working in his field that refuse to wear any rings because its an easy way to lose a finger if it gets snagged on something. So that description just bothers me.

Ummm I was on here about the tools... I assume they were looked for at work, in THE CAR, garage, home, scrapyard, etc... Were they located? Or is he biking away, boots laced over his shoulder, toolbelt strapped on his waist with a few tools tied on his ankles. He'd blend right into the crowd that way.

JMO - I don't believe he walked away + is off on a new adventure. I wish I did. I get stuck on his wallet, cash, car + so forth being left behind. It leaves me with 2 most likely choices. 1 - He left everything behind because he was going to commit suicide and had no use for it. 2 - He left everything behind because he was going to somewhere / someone dangerous and wanted nothing personal with him + dangerous won out to his detriment. It just appears to me that he when he left he didn't think he was coming back.

I too would sure like to know the details of his transaction at the scrapyard. Exactly what items were scrapped. It probably is much ado about absolutely nothing. But I gotsa ta know.

1 last thing - The garage at home was IIRC located under a portion of the house. This is different to me than a stand alone structure, in the sense of it is more part of the house and then to my mind more conceivable for RM to leave things like a wallet or cash in. Way back in the threads there was a link to permits for renovations over the years at that address. Reading through that link is where IIRC I noticed the "garage under home" bit.

Where I am going with these bits I have not a clue. :waitasec:

100 %, codger.
I think you hit on very important points.

Also, the garage IS part of the house, 3+ car garage.

Hey guys--- I don't think any mention of the kids s/be going on--other than well-wishing.

Anyone who has kids (young or old) knows they are not good with keeping OTHER people's secrets. LOL.

If they know DAD is in DANGER they will say NOTHING! JMO

I don't think he kept anything in that trunk!
If he did he would have fixed it! (if it was really broken)

I believe it was broken, but he used it a lot at one time, so that is why it eventually broke. JMO

OMG! Thank you for the belly laugh!

If they know DAD is in DANGER they will say NOTHING! JMO

You certainly are entitled to your opinion.
Mine is somewhat different...i live with four teenagers...
And i know many more.
No matter what they know or who is in danger, if they know something, they will tell someone.
Its the nature of the beast.
IMO

I'm sure LE chatted with his co-workers. Along with the scrap info I sure would like to know what they gleaned from those conversations. I do not mean anything nefarious necessarily, but the little things. Where +/or with who did he eat lunch daily? Did he always pack his own lunch? Or did IM pack it for him? Was he a creature of habit with routines that never changed? Was his routine normal this day or what things were out of the norm? Did he wear his wedding band on the job site? Did he carry sneakers in his car? Did he use his trunk or back seat? Was the car radio on his station or shut off? Did he get coffee every morning or breakfast? What was his usual morning +/or afternoon stop / convenience store / coffee shop, or did he not have one? Did he scrap every Friday? Once a month? Was that his money to keep? Or where did it normally go? (As some suggested he may well have left that money + work phone off every Friday so it was ready to go in its usual spot come Mon morn.) Had he talked with anyone at work recently or otherwise about... well anything really, home, wife, kids, travel, money, the list is endless, what was on his mind lately? Was he usually upbeat, talkative or quiet? Had there been a recent change in his mood? Oh my there is no end to this so I'll stop here. :doh:

Somewhere the key to finding RM is in the details. JMO naturally.

I was all ready to write a post about why I think a kid would keep secrets from others, until I read Your post and you are absolutely spot on when you mention kids are not good keeping OTHER people's secrets. The word Other totally changes that scenario.
Great post! :)
I also believe that if the kids know, IM would know.
But if IM knew, and the kids did not, would she tell the kids?

IMOO.

100 %, codger.
I think you hit on very important points.

Also, the garage IS part of the house, 3+ car garage.

I believe it was broken, but he used it a lot at one time, so that is why it eventually broke. JMO

Agreed!
but im saying if he used it for anything valuable he would have fixed it!
JMO

I don't think he left his tools in there. I think they are left on site!

I was all ready to write a post about why I think a kid would keep secrets from others, until I read Your post and you are absolutely spot on when you mention kids are not good keeping OTHER people's secrets. The word Other totally changes that scenario.
Great post! :)
I also believe that if the kids know, IM would know.
But if IM knew, and the kids did not, would she tell the kids?

IMOO.

IMO yes! Just enuff to keep them from worrying!

Thanks McSpy---- His sister cannot even look up. And there is a stand alone ATM and no cameras?? Wonder if the ATM camera was checked at all.

OK kids--- heading out-- Everyone have a great day and stay safe---hopefully some news will come today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seniorbeauty