NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall seeing he was wearing a wedding ring. Most electricians (my BF included), plumbers (my dad, RIP) don't wear rings as it is dangerous on the job. Maybe it was on an updated flyer and I missed it.

I'm sure LE chatted with his co-workers. Along with the scrap info I sure would like to know what they gleaned from those conversations. I do not mean anything nefarious necessarily, but the little things. Where +/or with who did he eat lunch daily? Did he always pack his own lunch? Or did IM pack it for him? Was he a creature of habit with routines that never changed? Was his routine normal this day or what things were out of the norm? Did he wear his wedding band on the job site? Did he carry sneakers in his car? Did he use his trunk or back seat? Was the car radio on his station or shut off? Did he get coffee every morning or breakfast? What was his usual morning +/or afternoon stop / convenience store / coffee shop, or did he not have one? Did he scrap every Friday? Once a month? Was that his money to keep? Or where did it normally go? (As some suggested he may well have left that money + work phone off every Friday so it was ready to go in its usual spot come Mon morn.) Had he talked with anyone at work recently or otherwise about... well anything really, home, wife, kids, travel, money, the list is endless, what was on his mind lately? Was he usually upbeat, talkative or quiet? Had there been a recent change in his mood? Oh my there is no end to this so I'll stop here. :doh:

Somewhere the key to finding RM is in the details. JMO naturally.

Excellent questions! I'd like to add 2 more:

Where is his tool belt? Since his car's seat was found pushed closer to the steering wheel, was the rear view mirror adjusted too?

I wish we knew more about the tools.

Were they his mother lode of work tools?

Was it just a tool belt?

Was it just a wrench and hammer that was always kept in the trunk?

Was it ALL of his tools? Or just some?

I wish we knew more about the tools.

Were they his mother lode of work tools?

Was it just a tool belt?

Was it just a wrench and hammer that was always kept in the trunk?

Was it ALL of his tools? Or just some?

My BF said an electrician can buy (replace) all the tools he needs for about $200. BF has everything he needs in a small bag, sort of the shape of the old style Doctor bag, but smaller and made of canvas.

I have a union electrician friend. All he has is his tool belt. There is a company vehicle parked at the site with all the materials they need. He also has the option of leaving his belt in that vehicle. Most take them home so tools dont disappear overnight. Could RM have left the job to run to the scrap yard, ran home to get something and maybe planned to return to the job (then something got in his way)? Left his tools at the jobsite, planning to return? My electrician friend has had to return to a jobsite many time to cut power or provide power for other trades on the job.

I was all ready to write a post about why I think a kid would keep secrets from others, until I read Your post and you are absolutely spot on when you mention kids are not good keeping OTHER people's secrets. The word Other totally changes that scenario.
Great post! :)
I also believe that if the kids know, IM would know.
But if IM knew, and the kids did not, would she tell the kids?

IMOO.

Thanks, tree.
You would be shocked at some of the info ive gotten from my kids'
Friends...without even trying. The hormones do a real number on them.

I dont think IM would tell the kids anything, unless, she had to...for instance, if LE told her they were about to release public statement or if family member told her that they were about to break their silence.
JMOO

Good question Curious-- I used to work in Payroll/HR--we never encountered this!!! I'm guessing that if dues are current--the family gets medical, wow--two holidays might have been paid--July 4 and up coming Labor Day--I guess she can access the fund accounts if her name is still on them.

As far as keeping a job open?? I think the Union he is ok as long as dues are paid---the contractor I doubt has a rehire policy. IMO and MOO.

what about automatic debits for union dues??? they get paid he can still work out of state...nobody thinks to look if he's working another state yanno I have seen stranger things work like that where the missing lives on the hope nobody will notice...except us at WS lol

I don't recall seeing he was wearing a wedding ring. Most electricians (my BF included), plumbers (my dad, RIP) don't wear rings as it is dangerous on the job. Maybe it was on an updated flyer and I missed it.

Wasnt that one of the details on the original missing flyer? And i believe its on the NAMUS info, as well. Ill double check.

Yep. It is on the NAMUS page..."gold wedding ring left hand ring finger"
NamUs MP # 20818

I know it has been helpful to have Talula and Relay here to explain their roles on the FB page. However, please don't bicker about how that site was run and again, that drama needs to stay off of this site.

Sorry Cat still learning the ropes! :slap: get caught up in FB mode lol

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20818/0/

Above the description mentions sneakers + wedding band.
Different information below.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

If the police believe there is no foul play or indication of a crime committed, why does this show RM as "endangered"? 2+2=5 Does this mean LE believed him to be a suicide + approached from day 1 with that in mind? Just spinning my wheels + noticed differences in the descriptions. (because you know I went on the hunt to see where in tarnation I had read white sneakers + wedding band, couldn't find it :panic: thought I imagined it for a minute.) Then of course I had to wonder "why". :banghead:

So, I am a huge Gangster movie buff........Donnie Brasco being one of my favs.

In Donnie Brasco, the Al Pacino character left his personal effects at home when he "got the call". But he was living the life of a wise guy and knew what's what.

Al Pacino was a old time mobster, but he screws up big time in the movie.....so he knew he was done for....he gets the call (is "sent for") while he is home watching TV. He is told to meet someone somewhere. He gets up, after a brief talk with his gf, he kisses her goodbye, is evasive to her about where he is going...he plays it smooth, even as he knows he isnt coming back alive.

She leaves the room, he goes into his bedroom, takes off his gold chain, kisses his cross, takes off rings, and other items, puts them in a drawer with his cash and wallet... and heads out to his inevitable execution. He knew full well what was coming. He had no use for those items where he was going. :beamup: If I am allowed to, I will post the youtube link....its a real moving scene.

While I doubt RM was involved to this degree, its awfully familiar for sure

Yeah but he didn't leave everything in a neat little sacred pile in one drawer in the garage...and they didn't find some of his stuff for a week. so while Al Pacino is poetic I don't buy it...I think he left on his own and I think family knows why...

Yeah but he didn't leave everything in a neat little sacred pile in one drawer in the garage...and they didn't find some of his stuff for a week. so while Al Pacino is poetic I don't buy it...I think he left on his own and I think family knows why...

For the 100th time, info from one source, which has been full of "miscommunications" It could have very well been in one drawer....and also, Pacino wasnt in a rush in the movie, he neatly put everything in the drawer......it appears RM rushed off somewhere....now assuming we are getting the truth, why he used different drawers is a mystery.

From that video, what caught my attention, and it could be only how I perceive what IM is saying, "we need to find him, and bring him home where he could be safe".
Also the reporter asks if he could be targeted for his car or did he have any enemies. IM says that everyone says he is a nice guy, and IM says "could he be targeted at work?"..."I don't ( stops herself from speaking), I don't know, I don't know what, at work, I don't know what was going on...uh, could he have been targeted..he's not here, so nothing would keep him away from us, nothing, unless he couldn't be here."

IM brings up RM's work. I don't know if her speech pattern is because she is distraught, but the reporter asked about if he was targeted for his car and enemies. She didn't answer the car question, and she says everybody says he is a nice guy. The reporter did not ask about his work. IM brought that up. IM brought attention to the fact she did not know what was going on there.
I wonder if "work" is a piece to the puzzle?
Why would she say unless he Couldn't be here???
Cryptic......
IMOO.

EDIT:
Adding the fact the reporter mentioned the car twice, and IM doesn't reply to the car
question, could the CAR be a working piece to the puzzle? We know where it was found.
What else does that car signify?
Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it does make me wonder......
IMOO.

Wasnt that one of the details on the original missing flyer? And i believe its on the NAMUS info, as well. Ill double check.

Yep. It is on the NAMUS page..."gold wedding ring left hand ring finger"
NamUs MP # 20818

Unless they searched drawer # 99 and found the wedding band, lets assume he has it. Why did he take that and nothing else? Maybe his marraige meant everything to him. Maybe there were no issues. Maybe he wasnt running. Maybe he just committed suicide but wanted the ring to be with him where ever he goes.

If he was really giving IM the big FU, wouldnt he have left the band too? That would be a CLEAR sign he was DONE, assuming he wore it all the time to work.

Wonder if the band has any inscription on it, like some do...could be another way to ID a body.....:facepalm:

Totally agree, so it bothered me when I saw that. Then I wondered if they knew for sure he had it on. The only place I found it was on NAMUS. You have to click "next" a couple times to get to that part of the information. I included the link just above. Most of the guys I know are the same, none of them want to "de-glove" a finger for the sake of a ring... know a guy this happened to, lost the finger, saved the wedding band. He had it remade into a toe ring of all things!

Excellent questions! I'd like to add 2 more:

Where is his tool belt? Since his car's seat was found pushed closer to the steering wheel, was the rear view mirror adjusted too?

Good ones + I have 1 more for the moment.
Is the club to secure THE CAR with still missing?

For the 100th time, info from one source, which has been full of "miscommunications" It could have very well been in one drawer....and also, Pacino wasnt in a rush in the movie, he neatly put everything in the drawer......it appears RM rushed off somewhere....now assuming we are getting the truth, why he used different drawers is a mystery.

True one source....do we even know money was left???? Are we sure of any "facts" in this case???

What if he didn't leave the house at all?

Good ones + I have 1 more for the moment.
Is the club to secure THE CAR with still missing?

And I have questions about that car. The reporter mentioned Twice about the car to IM, but IM did not answer that question, instead she talks about his work, and says I don't know many times. The reporter did not bring up his work.
The video was not spliced, either from what I could see.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member