NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am a huge Gangster movie buff........Donnie Brasco being one of my favs.

In Donnie Brasco, the Al Pacino character left his personal effects at home when he "got the call". But he was living the life of a wise guy and knew what's what.

Al Pacino was a old time mobster, but he screws up big time in the movie.....so he knew he was done for....he gets the call (is "sent for") while he is home watching TV. He is told to meet someone somewhere. He gets up, after a brief talk with his gf, he kisses her goodbye, is evasive to her about where he is going...he plays it smooth, even as he knows he isnt coming back alive.

She leaves the room, he goes into his bedroom, takes off his gold chain, kisses his cross, takes off rings, and other items, puts them in a drawer with his cash and wallet... and heads out to his inevitable execution. He knew full well what was coming. He had no use for those items where he was going. :beamup: If I am allowed to, I will post the youtube link....its a real moving scene.

While I doubt RM was involved to this degree, its awfully familiar for sure

And by the way, throughtout the movie, the Pacino character often contemplates "leaving the lifestyle"...sailing away on a boat somewhere far far away and starting over......... :winkaway:

Maybe he needed tools for his old mountain bike. Unlikely, but still an option.

Local 3 Union Dues are due September 1. Wondering if RM is current with his dues. Otherwise he jeapordizes his benefits.

I have given alot of thought to this----There is no reason why RM isn't working on a travelers' ticket (I think its called) and working in another state as an electrician. Why chuck your pension, medical benefits?????

To IM's mind maybe RM is "Missing" b/c he refuses to speak to her.

This is me being a Psych 1 student guys----I could be wrong.

Wouldn't LE checked into this? Also, his supervisor would have known something on it, IMO. Work would also show up on his social security number.

Right. And given IM's statements that is a good possibility.

I'm not married to any one theory. I wish I was because then I could concentrate on one distinct possibility and throw all of my sleuthing into it. Not enough time in the day to chase my tail.

Same here we might hear something else to day that will change my mind yet again lol.

But
I don't think hes dead!
I don't think there is a GirlFriend!

I do think its Money troubles!

Wouldn't LE checked into this? Also, his supervisor would have known something on it, IMO. Work would also show up on his social security number.

I would think so---but no crime has been committed by RM (that we have been made aware of)--you are allowed to leave your marriage if that is what is going on. LE isn't telling us anything I guess b/c there is nothing to tell.
I know McSpy--it is sad and I think its going to get sadder.

When a person goes missing, what happens to their job? pay? benefits? I would assume all would end. Even if someone paid his union dues, what benefits is the family entitled to? I am sure a wife can access any joint accounts but I am guessing any accounts held by the missing, would be off-limits. I hope the family is financially stable as this continues to drag. My heart breaks for the kids. They have been forced into an adult world when they should have been enjoying their summer.

When a person goes missing, what happens to their job? pay? benefits? I would assume all would end. Even if someone paid his union dues, what benefits is the family entitled to? I am sure a wife can access any joint accounts but I am guessing any accounts held by the missing, would be off-limits. I hope the family is financially stable as this continues to drag. My heart breaks for the kids. They have been forced into an adult world when they should have been enjoying their summer.

Personally I think these kids have been drug thur wayyyy to much in their short lives!

I would think so---but no crime has been committed by RM (that we have been made aware of)--you are allowed to leave your marriage if that is what is going on. LE isn't telling us anything I guess b/c there is nothing to tell.
I know McSpy--it is sad and I think its going to get sadder.

I don't think it will get sadder I think it will go COLD!

And by the way, throughtout the movie, the Pacino character often contemplates "leaving the lifestyle"...sailing away on a boat somewhere far far away and starting over......... :winkaway:

Sorry, last time.....an additional thought....the character leaves his little wad of cash in the drawer too.......
The interesting part about that is, thoughtout the movie, he isnt a typical rich flashy gangster...he is actually usually short cash, he usually owes the boss for collections, and he is always borrowing cash from his cohort. So the cash was VERY important to him.....but he leaves it behind..obviously knowing he wont need it...but ....that scene clearly shows "everything HE owns in that one drawer" being left behind. It's Deep!! :no:

With all due respect to those that think Rob is communicating with his children or that they know where he is, that idea is completely preposterous to me. They are kids. Irresponsible, immature kids. They could blow the story wide open at any given moment. Tell their best school friend that they "think" they can trust. That kid tells their mom, that mom tells Ida. Not to mention the kid telling Ida themselves. If people want to believe IDA knows where he is, I can entertain the possibility. They'd have to be nuts to include the kids in any sort of conspiracy.

Good question Curious-- I used to work in Payroll/HR--we never encountered this!!! I'm guessing that if dues are current--the family gets medical, wow--two holidays might have been paid--July 4 and up coming Labor Day--I guess she can access the fund accounts if her name is still on them.

As far as keeping a job open?? I think the Union he is ok as long as dues are paid---the contractor I doubt has a rehire policy. IMO and MOO.

With all due respect to those that think Rob is communicating with his children or that they know where he is, that idea is completely preposterous to me. They are kids. Irresponsible, immature kids. They could blow the story wide open at any given moment. Tell their best school friend that they "think" they can trust. That kid tells their mom, that mom tells Ida. Not to mention the kid telling Ida themselves. If people want to believe IDA knows where he is, I can entertain the possibility. They'd have to be nuts to include the kids in any sort of conspiracy.

Clemenza----I think he told the kids or left them letters (maybe during the infamous time window he was home). If they had a good enough reason to keep a secret, they would----I am citing the "troubles" that I cannot mention here. School starts next week---- that is additional pressure for kids. Peers, teachers, coaches---something could realistically come out. They may or may not know where he is--only that he is leaving for a while, a month, a year-what have you.

So the trunk is broken.....how does this explain the tools missing? I dont understand that part.

Where they stolen at the train station? Did he not keep them in there because the trunk was broken?

And if the car is his "baby", why was the trunk broken?? Wouldnt you have it fixed immediately if you dearly loved a car that much? It obviously didnt just break, since IM knew it was broken, it must have happened AT LEAST a few days ago.
So now, where are the tools? Where are his co-workers? Can they be asked if his tools are on site in a lock box? Is that what they typically do, leave them on site? I suppose it depends on the security on the job site? What was on the scrap yard receipt, (assuming one exists) his tools? I would really LOVE for someone to explain the missing tool theory. Even if they were found on the jobsite like SOP dictates, that would be a huge help.

He surely didnt take the tools with him and leave the $300 cash behind, right?
:dunno:

Things seem to break weekly on a 9 year old car, IMO. I think he was in and out of that trunk a lot for work and family.

OT-- but note to self-- I have to watch Donnie Brasco-----love Goodfellas, Sopranos and the Godfathers (not 3 so much)

Sorry, last time.....an additional thought....the character leaves his little wad of cash in the drawer too.......
The interesting part about that is, thoughtout the movie, he isnt a typical rich flashy gangster...he is actually usually short cash, he usually owes the boss for collections, and he is always borrowing cash from his cohort. So the cash was VERY important to him.....but he leaves it behind..obviously knowing he wont need it...but ....that scene clearly shows "everything HE owns in that one drawer" being left behind. It's Deep!! :no:

Have U ever seen Breaking Bad?

Clemenza----I think he told the kids or left them letters (maybe during the infamous time window he was home). If they had a good enough reason to keep a secret, they would----I am citing the "troubles" that I cannot mention here. School starts next week---- that is additional pressure for kids. Peers, teachers, coaches---something could realistically come out. They may or may not know where he is--only that he is leaving for a while, a month, a year-what have you.

I totally agree with Clemenza.
Anyone who has kids (young or old) knows they are not good with keeping OTHER people's secrets. LOL.
Keeping THAT kind of information secret, BOTH OF THEM..not a chance.
I do not believe for a minute that they know something that IM does not.
:truce:

if RM is alive, I believe he has anonymously made contact with someone in his family (I would think his son more than anyone). I've said it before, with kids having so much access to social media, it would be very easy for RM to create a fake account and either monitor his kids from a distance, contact them anonymously, or even offer them support as a "stranger". if this man is the family man were told he is, and we all feel he either wanted to get away from IM, or he HAD to leave, then I feel like he'd make contact with those kids.

if he is dead, I don't believe the "bad guys" got him. I would much easier believe he commited suicide. we have a psych major here? correct me if I'm wrong, when someone is contemplating suicide a big thing for them is who will find them. most times people don't want their parents or children to find them. so they commit suicide elsewhere, (in a car, or hotel) but they want SOMEONE to find them. they don't just want to rot away with no one knowing, right? so how many searches later and no RM, I don't believe he's dead.

Eh....we'll just have to agree to disagree.

totally have to put Breaking Bad on list too--aaarrgghh!!! And Boardwalk Empire starts next week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55