NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids were at school.

Didn't IM say on one of the videos that they were discussing the Italy trip in that 9 AM phone call?

Since we have been told that they had booked the trip some days before the 14th, what was there to discuss?

respectfully snipped:
:goodpost: - I don't get it either! Yes, phone will ping as long as battery is alive and it in...
did he take battery out at 1:45 and put it back in momentarily at 2:45 ???
Can anyone here set me straight on this?
Good point! Maybe battery was removed at the moment THE CAR was diverting from its usual route home? Any thought as to why it would be replaced for only a moment at 2:45? + I have to assume this is at home since THE CAR at least seems to have been in that vicinity 2:40-2:50. Its JMO that something something went awry or wheels started in motion about 1:45.
I have more thoughts but when trying to type them out they turned into a very long post of :dunno: :dj: :pullhair: :waitasec: :dunno:

Good point! Maybe battery was removed at the moment THE CAR was diverting from its usual route home? Any thought as to why it would be replaced for only a moment at 2:45? + I have to assume this is at home since THE CAR at least seems to have been in that vicinity 2:40-2:50. Its JMO that something something went awry or wheels started in motion about 1:45.
I have more thoughts but when trying to type them out they turned into a very long post of :dunno: :dj: :pullhair: :waitasec: :dunno:

Iphone 4s battery CANNOT be removed.

If its an I phone you cant remove the battery.

You can't take a battery out of an iPhone 4s.

However I've wondered if you put the phone into airplane mode if that would stop it from pinging towers?

Since it was a company phone it's quite possible that he regularly shut it off or put it in airplane mode to keep his company from knowing his business. But... We've been told that he's not technically savvy so this I have trouble with.

You can't take a battery out of an iPhone 4s.

However I've wondered if you put the phone into airplane mode if that would stop it from pinging towers?

Since it was a company phone it's quite possible that he regularly shut it off or put it in airplane mode to keep his company from knowing his business. But... We've been told that he's not technically savvy so this I have trouble with.

LOL u don't have to be tech savy to put the phone in airplane mode..

I do not think it will ping towers in airplane mode!

After thinking about this all night ....
I think He came home like every other Friday put his wallet and money and phone in the drawers(Where he always keeps them), goes into the house no one is home phone rings its IM telling him to get out of the house (I believe now someone is after him) He bolts from house goes to train station leaves car no time to put the club on and he vanishes.

But....
I think he has another wallet with another Identity, another bank account and A place to live....I do not think he is all that far away. I think this was all planned in advance just in case this day came around.

If he left with a GF he would not have just vanished off the face of the earth.
he would have packed some things he and his wife would have fought a little the kids would know,,, bla bla bla....

something is going on here and I don't think its on the up and up....
It would not surprise me to find Ida and the kids gone one day tooo.

JMO

I'm sorry if I posted anything that was out of line earlier. I am truly sorry : (

When I first heard about this from a friend who shared the missing poster on my wall I admit it gave me chills. I live in the area and it was just scary knowing a man just disappeared. My thoughts went back to the yard every time I tried to think of other scenarios. To this day I have a bad feeling about that place. Being that LE had no reason to search there I'm afraid that if anything did happen there it's too late now. So now we get news that indeed a camera did get Robert on tape. This is even more scary. It feels like so many things are being hidden there. He was well composed. Ida says he looked scared and worried. What's going on there???

Then I change my mind, which is happening a lot lately with all the different information I read.

The GF theory I'm not sure about yet. I know if my husband took a few items from the house I would not even know it. And who's to say he wasn't removing items over the past 6 months? We have no idea. He may have set up a PO box to get mail. We don't know though.

I definately agree IMO he has ID on him. That's a whole different theory of him just leaving and the whole thing just blew up so fast, nobody had time to even think. LE being called at 1am now RM is a missing man.
We don't know their marriage was all sweet and wonderful and we don't know if they were having problems. ( we all have things we worry about ) I know that we all handle things differently too. It's just that it's been over 2 months now almost 3 months and nothing!! Nobody knows anything!! Nobody is saying anything!!

Yes, something is going on here, for sure.

there is something wrong for him to leave and leave his kids for this long a time..... Even if he hated her... after a week or so id think he would have called SOMEONE.
We have not heard from him because he is Hiding from BAd guys or he is DEAD! JMO

Snipped by me for space.

I know we've mentioned this before... remember Nicholas Francisco??? Left his kids and never looked back. His kids were waiting for him to come home and make Valentine's Day cookies with them.

Ok, I got it you can't remove the battery! :floorlaugh:
So then how does it stop pinging? But not go dead for another hour? :waitasec:

If its an I phone you cant remove the battery.

I'm not sure if removing the SIM card can do anything. I'm looking at mine and you can't open it. I see no battery. I did get my phone wet and had to remove the SIM card to get it working again. It was acting up for several hours. Turning on and off without even touching it. Not sure if this helps with the pings.

After thinking about this all night ....
I think He came home like every other Friday put his wallet and money and phone in the drawers(Where he always keeps them), goes into the house no one is home phone rings its IM telling him to get out of the house (I believe now someone is after him) He bolts from house goes to train station leaves car no time to put the club on and he vanishes.

But....
I think he has another wallet with another Identity, another bank account and A place to live....I do not think he is all that far away. I think this was all planned in advance just in case this day came around.

If he left with a GF he would not have just vanished off the face of the earth.
he would have packed some things he and his wife would have fought a little the kids would know,,, bla bla bla....

something is going on here and I don't think its on the up and up....
It would not surprise me to find Ida and the kids gone one day tooo.

JMO

Maybe that is why they were going to Italy? They were going to stay there. I'm pretty sure she has duel citzenship. I'm just throwing this idea out there, I'm not sure I believe they were going to stay in Italy.

I can't figure why he would want to leave his wallet behind and why he would need to hide from his wife. He could have left her without hiding, changing his identity, and not taking anything with him (only possibly his bike). Seems over the top, IMO. Supposedly, his sister and mother haven't a clue of his whereabouts, so it seems like either he felt like he was in danger if he stuck around, he committed suicide, or a crime was committed.

The only reason I can see him hiding from his family is that he was afraid of what she would do if he asked for a divorce. What else could explain it? Maybe his sanity?

I'm sorry if I posted anything that was out of line earlier. I am truly sorry : (

When I first heard about this from a friend who shared the missing poster on my wall I admit it gave me chills. I live in the area and it was just scary knowing a man just disappeared. My thoughts went back to the yard every time I tried to think of other scenarios. To this day I have a bad feeling about that place. Being that LE had no reason to search there I'm afraid that if anything did happen there it's too late now. So now we get news that indeed a camera did get Robert on tape. This is even more scary. It feels like so many things are being hidden there. He was well composed. Ida says he looked scared and worried. What's going on there???

Then I change my mind, which is happening a lot lately with all the different information I read.

The GF theory I'm not sure about yet. I know if my husband took a few items from the house I would not even know it. And who's to say he wasn't removing items over the past 6 months? We have no idea. He may have set up a PO box to get mail. We don't know though.

I definately agree IMO he has ID on him. That's a whole different theory of him just leaving and the whole thing just blew up so fast, nobody had time to even think. LE being called at 1am now RM is a missing man.
We don't know their marriage was all sweet and wonderful and we don't know if they were having problems. ( we all have things we worry about ) I know that we all handle things differently too. It's just that it's been over 2 months now almost 3 months and nothing!! Nobody knows anything!! Nobody is saying anything!!

Yes, something is going on here, for sure.

I didn't see anything out of line! No worries!

See the 4 30am I think he was taking some clothes and stuff to the other place....before he had to go to work...

Left the wallet took other wallet!
I still think Arrow does more than scrap metals and computer parts lol
Maybe I watched to many soprano episodes...

Yup, there had to be a reason he left that early. Possibly, it wasn't work related.

PS: love the Sopranos.

Yup, there had to be a reason he left that early. Possibly, it wasn't work related.

PS: love the Sopranos.

Me too but now im hooked on Breaking Bad!
Best show ever!

I haven't had time to get caught up, but I wanted to throw something out there, before I forget it.

what if this is all staged? maybe there was a fight the night before, maybe it continued inthe morning. RM could very well have forgotten his wallet in the am, and IM said "ill put it in X drawer". other than that conversation was just fighting and when RM hung up on IM she got pissed. she could have spent the next few hours sending awful texts to him. he goes home, grabs some items and heads out to the train cuz he just wants to get away.

maybe he leaves his phone in the car, because another minute of bickering is more than he wishes to endure... but IM finds the car before police. she grabs the phone, deletes the messages and plans to say she found the phone after car is returned from police... but they take forever to return it. hearing RM has returned to the house gives her a second chance so she hides the phone in a second drawer. now the phone says there's no activity all day. and being the lawyer she was, she knows a court order will be needed to argue that, and with no crime no one is getting that. so instead of handeling a private matter privately, she is now able to use the resources of thousands to "hunt" him down.

The kids were at school.

Didn't IM say on one of the videos that they were discussing the Italy trip in that 9 AM phone call?

Since we have been told that they had booked the trip some days before the 14th, what was there to discuss?

Very good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member