Not open for further replies.
LOL Heck I don't know anymore!
I think he is ALIVE!

I believe this is all about MONEY!
Money Borrowed
Money Owed?
Money SPENT?

Was just a thought!
If someone is after him or they want him to appear missing what better way to do it?

And make everyone think he is OUT THERE somewhere.

Possible but then opens IM up to filing a false police report charges, etc.

Having a hard time visualizing this one. Like in a magic closet like in the Narnia movies? Or like living behind a fake wall in a secret room?

Well I do not believe the house was searched!
I don't think he drove the car to the RR station.
He came home and poof he vanished.

that camera if it caught the car driving past would show him walking past or riding his bike past.

It was just a thought.

Remember bubble boy? LOL

the only reason they got found out was because they heard him. lol

Since Tracker has said there could be several reasons why the dogs couldn't pick up scents outside of the car, why aren't we considering that he just took the train and disappeared from there to points unknown?

Since Tracker has said there could be several reasons why the dogs couldn't pick up scents outside of the car, why aren't we considering that he just took the train and disappeared from there to points unknown?

That was my original thought till they said his bike was missing...and we went chasing after that lol. I have always thought he is on vacay somewhere else. maybe he hopped on a cruise with foreigners, people who wouldn't see a missing man report from the U.S....and with his family being so low key along with co-workers I see a man who just took off

Would think anything used to mask his scent would have left it's own trace evidence at the train station, no?

How would he know about covering his scent up -- imagine all his computer searches would have been gone into by now...

Well I do not believe the house was searched!
I don't think he drove the car to the RR station.
He came home and poof he vanished.

that camera if it caught the car driving past would show him walking past or riding his bike past.

It was just a thought.

Remember bubble boy? LOL

the only reason they got found out was because they heard him. lol

I think if he were in the house they'd know it like it was a plan to hide him there

I hope he just left and is safe and hiding out but for some reason that darn "yard" just creeps me out, I have a bad feeling about that place. I think he was brought back there. He was in trouble with "bad people" is my opinion. He was home for 9 minutes, really what can you do in 9 minutes? Wash up, change clothes, grab a snack???
Was that wallet there all day? I can't remember if that was a fact. Did RM tell IM on the phone he left his wallet home?
IM is all alone in that video, IMO she's just looking around for someone, something to just grab hold of. She had nobody even holding her hands for comfort. Where is everyone??
I keep going back and forth with these 2 things.
He left.
He is gone.
I pray he left!!!

Would think anything used to mask his scent would have left it's own trace evidence at the train station, no?

How would he know about covering his scent up -- imagine all his computer searches would have been gone into by now...

Well it was never mentioned that the car itself was devoid of scents. Outside, Tracker said weather and parking lot cleaning could affect the scents. No trace on that.

Why couldn't he have just taken the train and then hopped another train, like an Amtrak and been off to anywhere in the country?

That was my original thought till they said his bike was missing...and we went chasing after that lol. I have always thought he is on vacay somewhere else. maybe he hopped on a cruise with foreigners, people who wouldn't see a missing man report from the U.S....and with his family being so low key along with co-workers I see a man who just took off

I think the bike is a non-issue. At first, when it was brought up, we seemed to think he was an avid bike rider. If he wasn't, he could have ditched it at any point over time for whatever reason. I threw away a perfectly good bike once when my apartment manager said I couldn't keep it on the patio and I couldn't fit it into my storage. Bikes are not super expensive if you're not a Lance Armstrong type.

Well it was never mentioned that the car itself was devoid of scents. Outside, Tracker said weather and parking lot cleaning could affect the scents. No trace on that.

Why couldn't he have just taken the train and then hopped another train, like an Amtrak and been off to anywhere in the country?

I had thought Tracker was talking about loss of scent outside his car since dogs were brought in soon enough for some scent still to be traced, no? or is my mind playing tricks on me (again, :floorlaugh:)

But you are right - about his taking the train. If so, interesting that after the mention of his never wanting to leave his car at the train station, that's where he would leave it.... but if starting a new life, guess it wouldn't matter...

Cannot imagine him planning a new life without leaving a trace of doing so and keeping it secret.

I think the bike is a non-issue. At first, when it was brought up, we seemed to think he was an avid bike rider. If he wasn't, he could have ditched it at any point over time for whatever reason. I threw away a perfectly good bike once when my apartment manager said I couldn't keep it on the patio and I couldn't fit it into my storage. Bikes are not super expensive if you're not a Lance Armstrong type.

But it could be his mode of transportation at the moment!

Also about a scent...what if he just got out of his car and hopped in the car right next to him....

True. They never said it was devoid of scents. maybe they (RM and co-workers) talked about that guy who went missing at Montauk. Maybe someone he worked with was a sleuther and they talked about bleach messing up a SAR dog and when RM got out of the car he moved the seat up to get his luggage sprayed a little bleach water mixture and locked the car but hoping it would be stolen. There are so many scenarios but I'm thinking if they did manufacture the car scent he was picked up by somebody else maybe the person who he was texting that IM didn't like

I had thought Tracker was talking about loss of scent outside his car since dogs were brought in soon enough for some scent still to be traced, no? or is my mind playing tricks on me (again, :floorlaugh:)

But you are right - about his taking the train. If so, interesting that after the mention of his never wanting to leave his car at the train station, that's where he would leave it.... but if starting a new life, guess it wouldn't matter...

Cannot imagine him planning a new life without leaving a trace of doing so and keeping it secret.

Here are two of his posts from Thread #4

I agree 100%. If there was rain on the blacktop or concrete, or if a contracted sweeping service had cleaned the lot (they use water spray to keep the dust down), good by scent.

From my experience in SAR......

Air Scent Dogs can detect a human by scent "in the air" if it is blowing the direction from the subject towards the dog (scent cone)

Ground scent dogs (like bloodhounds) smell the scent directly from the ground.

Both are affected by humidity, rain, wind, heat, contamination by lots of other scents and auto exhaust.

A ground scent dog "should" have had a hit somewhere around the car if RM had gotten out of it.

An air scent dog would not have been much good if the subject was not nearby or at least in the dogs scent cone and if the wind conditions were not right.

Cadaver dog would hit on a decaying body if it was in it's scent cone and wind conditions were right or in the ground so the scent would come up through the dirt.

JMO I'm thinking his just "walking away" is least likely, but that's JMO.

I am curious to know from those of you who do believe in that -
Where are or what did he do with the missing items?
Why did he go home for 10 minutes?
Why didn't he take the cash + wallet?
Why would the keys + club be missing?
Did he plan this or was it a heat of the moment thing?
For what reason would he not contact LE to halt the searches etc?

Where would he go that he would not need to use his SS# to earn money? Or do you think he had a large cash stash? Or - well I just don't see how anyone disappears like that unless they have set it up financially in advance.

ETA - I guess my mental block is that I can't play out this scenario start to finish, so if anyone has a full blown theory to account for what little we think we know - I'm all ears.

Are there video cameras at the train station, or in the trains?

I have no idea on inside but I *think* it was said no cameras at the station was part of what made it a place you wouldn't want to park a nice car.

I am so glad Tracker stated this. I wanted to, but didn't think it would be accepted as fact if I did. By, the way, Tracker, I, "thank" most of your posts. Reading your posts inspires me to think about getting back involved in SAR. Thank you for your insights!

I was involved in k9 SAR for years; however, I am not a verified insider here. People had so many questions, and some truly believed that there was a simple event with a simple answer. Reportedly, dogs did not pick up Rob's outside the car, therefor Rob did not drive the car to the station. It is not that simple.

If I am not permitted to state this please let me know. Factors that affect whether or not a dog(s) hit on the car or outside the car include, but are not necessarily limited to, humidity level, ambient temperature, temperature and humidity level inside the car, when it may have rained, and if so how much, what type of dogs were used (Tracking, human scent/trailing, air scenting [live or cadaver?]), how long after Rob left the seen were the dogs utilized (so, how old was the scent/trail), did the dogs have a good scent article? Was it possibly inadvertently contaminated as can happen? How many people walked around and through the area to inadvertently contaminate the area scent wise, depending on what type of dog was used? Were the dogs certified? If so, were they also certified for that type of work? Was the handler(s) proficient? Unfortunately, anyone can say they have a SAR dog and actually hinder a search with false hits or not picking up on what a properly trained team would pick up on. Requirements are being put into place more and more, as they should be.

If LE had the dogs, chances are they used mission ready appropriate dog/handler teams. I am not familiar with any other SAR dogs in the area, and I have not done SAR for some time, so some things I am out of the loop on.

Mods, if you think my post should be snipped or deleted I fully understand. Naturally, because I am not a verified insider I don't plan to ask questions concerning k9 SAR. Tracker reads and posts here and seems willing to. I just wanted to articulate a few things to help people understand a little more in order for them to think the scent and the car issue through.

Happy Labor Day Weekend to all :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member