NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO I'm thinking his just "walking away" is least likely, but that's JMO.

I am curious to know from those of you who do believe in that -
Where are or what did he do with the missing items?
Why did he go home for 10 minutes?
Why didn't he take the cash + wallet?
Why would the keys + club be missing?
Did he plan this or was it a heat of the moment thing?
For what reason would he not contact LE to halt the searches etc?

Where would he go that he would not need to use his SS# to earn money? Or do you think he had a large cash stash? Or - well I just don't see how anyone disappears like that unless they have set it up financially in advance.

I can see a secret stash of cash! JMO

Where would he go that he would not need to use his SS# to earn money? Or do you think he had a large cash stash? Or - well I just don't see how anyone disappears like that unless they have set it up financially in advance.

My thoughts...

Might have gone home to have it out so to speak, finding her not there, he just left knowing the kids would be home soon.

Might have been making a statement with the wallet and cash, may have had a spare ID. Could have locked the door on the way out and taken the keys with him.

Not all missing people contact LE to alert them. If he's across country and not internet-friendly, he may have no idea what's going on locally.

I would think he would have had to have been saving or have his own private bank account to finance this.

The club being missing is the one thing that leaves a niggling doubt in his escape from his life because I can see someone attacking him with it. Although if he no longer cared about his life/car, he could have just chucked it into a garbage can at the train station.

The club being missing is the one thing that leaves a niggling doubt in his escape from his life because I can see someone attacking him with it. Although if he no longer cared about his life/car, he could have just chucked it into a garbage can at the train station.

Thanks for responding! Snipping this out respectfully. Why bother to chuck it in the garbage is what I don't get. If he wasn't going to bother using it, ok I get that. Why remove it from the car? Then I go through that :pullhair: with every detail. :doh:

Ok here is another one!
Could he have been meeting someone to sell his car to?

Ok here is another one!
Could he have been meeting someone to sell his car to?

But why not take his wallet and ID. If there was a money transaction he could put the money in his wallet. He would need his Driver's license incase he got stopped by the police as well.
IMOO.

If there was foul play that club could have been used as a weapon, and that could be why it hasn't been found.
IMOO.

Thanks for responding! Snipping this out respectfully. Why bother to chuck it in the garbage is what I don't get. If he wasn't going to bother using it, ok I get that. Why remove it from the car? Then I go through that :pullhair: with every detail. :doh:

He may have thoughtfully decided no one could get it off without cost if he had the only key?

But why not take his wallet and ID. If there was a money transaction he could put the money in his wallet. He would need his Driver's license incase he got stopped by the police as well.
IMOO.

What if he already sold it and went home for the title? The spare key!
LOL Im just tossing out ideas lol they might not be the best but... LOL

Wish we knew if only one person was in the car when it left the house (well, among a hundred other things I wish we knew) but was thinking in terms of someone coming by to ask for a ride someplace, for example. Apparently his phone records haven't helped so I doubt he had prearranged anything.

IMOO.

Could have a spare. My son has two, lost one and got a replacement then found the first one.

What if he already sold it and went home for the title? The spare key!
LOL Im just tossing out ideas lol they might not be the best but... LOL

Right, but if he already sold it, why didn't the new owner pick up the car at the train station, if that was their meeting place, as the car was found there, but nobody picked it up.......
IMOO.

Missing along with RM:
Keys
Tools + Tool Belt?
Lunch Pail
Club
Wedding Ring
Ray Ban Sunglasses
Work Clothes + Boots
Sneakers?
Bike
What else?

I do not know if any of these things later turned up at home, maybe overlooked at first. IIRC about the bike, I believe IM was unsure if it was missing prior to that Fri. Excluding the bike for that reason, what are we left with? Which thing is not like the others? I think all those things except the club would be on his person at the moment he exited THE CAR after work. I assume this is usually left in the car so its handy to use when locking up. For what reason would he take it out with him?
I'll be stuck on some other tidbit by tomorrow so I can quit :deadhorse:

What if the person he sold it to WAS going back there? Or took it there??
When that person returned to the train the car was gone, RM is reported missing.
Who knows with all these scenarios now.

Well for my theory #78, his girlfriend meets him at the train station and he puts his stuff in her car. I even so much as think she was driving his car (hence the seat being pushed up) and he followed in hers so that he could do the getaway driving.

I think he was hungry after all of the running around he did after work and grabbed his lunch pail.

The missing bike may not be related to his disappearance at all but, if he does have a gf, he could have brought it to her house any time before the 14th of June.

To get something he couldn't leave without. Maybe a picture of his children. Maybe he took money from the safe in the basement. Maybe he changed into going away clothes but took his work clothes with him.
I think the money belongs to his co-workers.

The wallet is a tough one as maybe he did leave it there in the morning and just never picked it up when he stopped home. I'm guessing here he was in a rush.
The club was under the seat if I recall correctly. I think it wasn't engaged due to the driver not being RM and there being a rush factor so as not to be seen. The keys I think were grabbed out of our natural habit of taking the keys when we leave a vehicle. Same for locking the door.
I think if it wasn't planned, it was talked about and RM just said, okay today is the day, I'm done.
He will. Just not ready.
Both. I think he took maybe half of the money in the safe (IMO - I have no knowledge that this safe exists except just knowing about lucrative past investments) and he could always freelance as an electrician.

Given all of my answers, I will readily admit that it is full of holes. Which is why I don't have one running theory at the moment. They are all full of holes.

The club needs a key to lock and unlock. Maybe he had the only key on his key ring and knew when family found the car they wouldn't be able to take it off.

Maybe it was the murder weapon and was tossed by perp. I doubt this scenario though.

Maybe RM didn't drive the car to the station.

It is so awesome to get back to the basics. Thank you all newcomers to the page. You are asking great questions and bringing us all back to thinking this through. We are missing something. Something.

If a large sum of money was missing, why would IM want to search that wooded preserve area, or whatever it is? If money is gone, he likely took off, IMO.

I had asked if SS was called, credit unions, DMV, for any duplicate items that may have been asked for months ago. He may have had ID on him????

I got abused by the way for telling IM to call the 3 credit unions just to see if activity was on there, or just go online and simply look it up? I mentioned my hubby checks mine and all of a sudden it was a legal matter lol, I said he had my permission.
In a case like this the credit union doesn't know it's you behind the computer putting in your husbands info. The man is missing I said just do what you gotta do! Find out if there is activity on there.....

It's very easy to stash money "if" that's what he did IM may not even realize if it was done over the past 6-12 months. It's hard to say unless there was an existing safe with lots of money then of course it's obvious he left, or owed someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlove