NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this case when I can but haven't been posting. But just today I wondered if he might have had a gun. I found a 2010 list of Suffolk County people with pistol permits online, and there is one R. Mayer. No address given. There are several Robert Mayers too, with various middle initials. So maybe one of these men is RM, and he went home to get his gun?

I have to wonder, though. Wouldn't LE have looked at the Arrow tape and also thought he looked scared if he did? Maybe saying publicly that they see no evidence of foul play is their own kind of misdirection. Because maybe they see it and want to lull the bad guys into believing they don't.

Still, what I don't get is the discrepancy between IM's statements of "See, Rob, you are important" and "Come home, I/we'll keep you safe." To me, the only way those two messages co-exist, along with his being called "endangered," is if RM suffers from panic attacks or depressive illness of any kind.

And left everything home, but took the gun, suicidal thoughts.....IT FITS! :winner: But IM would have had to tell LE that the gun was missing, assuming she KNEW that he had one.

snip......"Still, what I don't get is the discrepancy between IM's statements of "See, Rob, you are important" and "Come home, I/we'll keep you safe." To me, the only way those two messages co-exist, along with his being called "endangered," is if RM suffers from panic attacks or depressive illness of any kind.
"

Are you thinking a possibility that RM has a delussion that someone is after him?

At the scrap yard on camera, I think he probably looked more contemplative, a man on a mission and with a plan; and a man trying to beat his wife home to have a few precious minutes to leave, and gather, things he needed to. As Hot Cawfee has stated many times, I believe this was a private family matter that went public. I think she and his family knew he was leaving her, and knew she'd over react, thus the total disappearance. I think the family is afraid IM will "delete" them from her inner circle, thus stay quietly behind the scenes, appearing supportive so they can get info and can see the kids.

I don't think he went to scrap that day because the money was to go to the Union brotherhood. I think he purposely wanted $300 for something...maybe it's the amount his son's band would have made for that weekends gig he knew probably wouldn't happen, or a new amplifier he had promised his son. My friends son is in a garage band and he just bought an amplifier for $300. Nice one too...Or maybe the cancellation fee for the Italy trip. Who knows...except RM.

I think the Italy trip was probably a family "honeymoon" trip and RM was having none of it. I think they were having problems and she hastily planned this trip to try to get their marriage "back on track." However, I think he was done with the marriage and considered it a waste of time and money.

I also think that if anyone physically harmed RM, it was himself...suicide...although I don't think this is the case. But IM can only think to search the preserve because she thinks he would only leave her (denial) if he was dead.

I think he drove to the train station and met up with someone in a car and got into that car; got into a car he had waiting there he bought himself; or got on the train. As Tracker said, I believe his scent was not found due to contamination by parking lot cleaners, exhaust, and just thousands of other people's scents. He didn't think IM would be hot on his trail there (she was only minutes behind him) because she didn't think he'd go to the train station.

As far as the texting he hid from IM (per NCNY), we don't know gender. But it could have been a divorce attorney RM had talked with previously, and he promised IM to drop the divorce idea; or could have been another woman.

I just don't think the bike is a biggie...

:moo::twocents::scared:

I can't imagine a guy with martial arts training of his size looking scared and worried at the scrap yard. I also can't imagine how she saw this video forever ago and it's just now in MSM. The FB page with her thoughts and the FAQ approved by her never mentioned any of this.

ANYONE that is a convicted felon can not have a gun in the home nor be found with one. they would be arrested.

Eileen, that's generally true. However, I found this: "New York has a process where a court can issue a 'Type A Certificate of Relief' which restores your civil rights, including your firearm rights. Once your full rights are restored in New York, you will be relieved from federal disabilities and will be able to legally purchase and own a firearm." (https://www.parole.ny.gov/program_restoration.html)

And I don't think RM was convicted of anything.

I can't imagine a guy with martial arts training of his size looking scared and worried at the scrap yard. I also can't imagine how she saw this video forever ago and it's just now in MSM. The FB page with her thoughts and the FAQ approved by her never mentioned any of this.

The only mention of the cameras at scrap yard was that they were not working.
Remember that?
Miraculously, there was footage of RM that was viewed by IM.
Eh...another crumb.
:stormingmad:

Unless they searched drawer # 99 and found the wedding band, lets assume he has it. Why did he take that and nothing else? Maybe his marraige meant everything to him. Maybe there were no issues. Maybe he wasnt running. Maybe he just committed suicide but wanted the ring to be with him where ever he goes.

If he was really giving IM the big FU, wouldnt he have left the band too? That would be a CLEAR sign he was DONE, assuming he wore it all the time to work.

Wonder if the band has any inscription on it, like some do...could be another way to ID a body.....:facepalm:

How do we know, for sure, he didn't leave the wedding band? Considering we are getting our info from one source.... If he left the band and we were told, in my opinion, it would change the whole investigation and many people would be much less likely to devote time, resources, $$, etc to help.

Wow there are a lot of posts today! Sorry if someone has mentioned this already but what's going on here??? Why have we been told all along that the cameras at arrow scrap weren't working and now and internal camera did spot him and he was "scared and worried". Secondly I thought the police searched the garage and found the cell phone after seeing the neighbors video? This article says Ida found it upon searching the garage further. So she checked one drawer on the 14 and then waited a week to open another drawer???

Wow there are a lot of posts today! Sorry if someone has mentioned this already but what's going on here??? Why have we been told all along that the cameras at arrow scrap weren't working and now and internal camera did spot him and he was "scared and worried". Secondly I thought the police searched the garage and found the cell phone after seeing the neighbors video? This article says Ida found it upon searching the garage further. So she checked one drawer on the 14 and then waited a week to open another drawer???

I dont have jerry's fancy graphics but...ding ding ding.

Lets not forget...one source. We only know what the source wants
Us to know, when the source wants us to know it.
:truce:

JMO I'm thinking his just "walking away" is least likely, but that's JMO.

I am curious to know from those of you who do believe in that -
Where are or what did he do with the missing items?
Why did he go home for 10 minutes?
Why didn't he take the cash + wallet?
Why would the keys + club be missing?
Did he plan this or was it a heat of the moment thing?
For what reason would he not contact LE to halt the searches etc?

Where would he go that he would not need to use his SS# to earn money? Or do you think he had a large cash stash? Or - well I just don't see how anyone disappears like that unless they have set it up financially in advance.

ETA - I guess my mental block is that I can't play out this scenario start to finish, so if anyone has a full blown theory to account for what little we think we know - I'm all ears.

The only mention of the cameras at scrap yard was that they were not working.
Remember that?
Miraculously, there was footage of RM that was viewed by IM.
Eh...another crumb.
:stormingmad:

And again....ARG!!! :stormingmad: it is infuriating to be fed bits and pieces. As my daddy said...in my signature line...

!!!!!#### JUST TELL THE COMPLETE STORY FOR ONCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. ###!!!!!

(Do y'all think my yelling plea made it from Dallas to Dix Hills? :doh:)

MOO and all that...

And again....ARG!!! :stormingmad: it is infuriating to be fed bits and pieces. As my daddy said...in my signature line...

!!!!!#### JUST TELL THE COMPLETE STORY FOR ONCE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. ###!!!!!

(Do y'all think my yelling plea made it from Dallas to Dix Hills? :doh:)

MOO and all that...

Im in dix hills and...oh yeah, loud and clear.
:floorlaugh:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/08/31/vanished-dix-hills-father-still-missing-after-2-months/

"Ida tells the Press that an internal camera did capture Robert that day and “he looked scared. He looked worried.” "

This internal camera is a fact??? At the "scrap" place??
I don't want to even say the name anymore. : (
I'm sorry but I feel he was there a second time.
Martial arts or not.... having a gun put to your head I'm not sure what a person would do. It may also be possible in his garage he was greeted with familiar faces??? They took him back to that yard and I don't wanna say what I think.

"Who Shot J.R." Comes to mind with all this retracing. One step forward, 2 steps back....:twocents:

How much might a man's gold wedding band fetch at a scrapyard?

He may have thoughtfully decided no one could get it off without cost if he had the only key?

or left it there to be stolen or trashed????? Locking doors is a habit---one of mine--could have been a reflex action

How much might a man's gold wedding band fetch at a scrapyard?

The best place would be one of those "we buy gold"-type stores. Scrap yards use heavy duty scales to weigh scrap metal. I wonder what exactly the receipt states,though.

Eileen, that's generally true. However, I found this: "New York has a process where a court can issue a 'Type A Certificate of Relief' which restores your civil rights, including your firearm rights. Once your full rights are restored in New York, you will be relieved from federal disabilities and will be able to legally purchase and own a firearm." (Sources: http://nycrimbar.org/Members/Briefs/...f Rifles.pdf and http://nvocrc.org)

And I don't think RM was convicted of anything.

No he wasn't. But someone in the house was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada