NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
either that or the bike hasn't been there for awhile and they just never noticed it gone. But I do think he took something out of that back seat
There it is. For all we know the bike went missing a year prior to RM going missing. IIRC - IM said something to the effect of... he used to ride but he hadn't been out much or at all since last summer. She just noticed after the fact, the bike was missing. It could have absolutely NOTHING to do with this case.

I do agree somebody moved that seat forward for a purpose. For a passenger to exit. To retrieve something from under or behind the seat. To drive + reach the pedals. To throw off the investigators. To make us all sit here :pullhair:

RobertMayer1_zps6668f3aa.jpg

Where is Robert?
Godspeed.
:praying:

just came across this. Read the comments about the Edgewood Preserve.

http://www.edgewoodhospital.com/tunnels.asp

:eek:
I'm so not familiar with the local surroundings + totally map illiterate. Is Edgewood Preserve + Pilgrim State Hospital the same thing? Or is Pilgrim on the grounds of Edgewood Preserve?

Why, yes, I did have one of those :martini: so please clue me in. :blushing:

My guess would be the tools are somewhere at the jobsite and the lunch pail got tossed out somewhere (the garbage cans at Arrow?).
I wrote a long post at work today and then lost Internet. Poof, post gone. And can I remember what I wrote? Of course not. :banghead:
I think my post was along the lines of wanting to know where else RM went on his way to Arrow after the last ping. This really bugs me. The timing from Arrow to home fits. Timing was perfect as far as IM not being home. I don't think that was a coincidence.
Ahh the garage ... If RM did in fact put those items in the drawers in the garage it makes me think he was either a neat freak or was MADE to be a neat freak ( you know, appearances and all that). In my house, the keys, wallet, phone get thrown on a table. If I neatly put my stuff in drawers my family would think I'd gone off the deep end. It just hits me as a very controlled action, or staged, pick one.
That Edgewood Preserve area scares me. How thoroughly has that been searched??? Yikes.

Why would he go home for 10 mins?

Good question and why leave the phone and cash in a drawer? Why bother? Why not leave it in an obvious place? Supposedly, it took the family a week to find it.

I know we all have so many different theories and thoughts but I speak for all of us in saying we would be devestated is his body is found. Hoping he surfaces soon.

http://alltrails.com/trail/us/new-york/edgewood-oak-brush-plains-preserve-trail

This is a link to a photo of a sign at the entrance to the preserve, showing its parking lot. Click on "photos" to see a larger picture. Also see reviews of bike trail.
Click on "tracks" to see paths people have biked. From the look of if, parking at the Deer Park train station which is at the south east corner of the preserve area, would not put you near a trail. The trail looks like it would be accessed from the entrance at Commack Road, north and west of the DP lot. JMO!

My guess would be the tools are somewhere at the jobsite and the lunch pail got tossed out somewhere (the garbage cans at Arrow?).
I wrote a long post at work today and then lost Internet. Poof, post gone. And can I remember what I wrote? Of course not. :banghead:
I think my post was along the lines of wanting to know where else RM went on his way to Arrow after the last ping. This really bugs me. The timing from Arrow to home fits. Timing was perfect as far as IM not being home. I don't think that was a coincidence.
Ahh the garage ... If RM did in fact put those items in the drawers in the garage it makes me think he was either a neat freak or was MADE to be a neat freak ( you know, appearances and all that). In my house, the keys, wallet, phone get thrown on a table. If I neatly put my stuff in drawers my family would think I'd gone off the deep end. It just hits me as a very controlled action, or staged, pick one.
That Edgewood Preserve area scares me. How thoroughly has that been searched??? Yikes.
The tools + lunch pail have been missing all along, so I don't think jobsite, but a zillion logical other places (trash can at Arrow, plausible). I just gotsa ta know where for sure. :D
"Poof" = Mistah, those are the best genius thoughts ever committed to type + were just about to submit to WS. Oooooh I've so been there + feel your pain. :therethere:
Last ping 1:45 Melville / Huntington - 2:15 Arrow. Extra 15-20 minutes, correct? Dropping someone off / picking someone up? Stopping for gas + ? Shooting the breeze in Arrow parking lot with the guys? This has been on my mind too but wasn't sure if it was a traffic snag or if there was an actual gap in time.

I can see staged. I can also see creature of habit. I put my "stuff" in same spot each day, then I know where it is when I'm so not a morning person + need to grab + go. Ironic = on my Fri. I take extra care to set everything I need aside for Mon. morning. I guess its psyching myself out as I don't have to think about "werk" til the last minute on Mon. morning. :rockon:

Its JMO but I believe (as I have more faith in canines than humans) IF he drove himself to the train station, got out, unloaded the bike from back seat or trunk, hopped on + peddled off into the sunset :bicycle: then - the dogs would pick up at least a bit of his scent in the parking lot, regardless of how far they could track it, they would hit on it. JMO
I bolded above - this bugs me to no end - WHERE are his tools? Have they been found? A man + his tools are not easily parted. In my little bit of life experience anyway. If he wanted to get rid of everything, ok, but where are they? Dumped? Scrapped? Pawned? Home? Jobsite? They didn't just vanish. Nor did his lunch pail. JMO

I'm pretty sure he had a tool belt too. Someone here said the electricians sometimes keep their tools in a "gang box" on the site, so maybe they are still there. I wonder if IM or LE :cop: checked it out? Supposedly, the trunk latch on the GTO was not working correctly, so possibly RM didn't trust the lock and used the worksite's "gang box."

There were reports RM bought his lunch that day too, so why did he bother with the lunch pail? Maybe he had a thermos in it with hot coffee? :coffeecup: :drink: :coffeeup: :needdrink:

But why didn't dogs pick up his scent??? unless he rode to preserve and had somebody pick him up there

Good question! Questions like this make us go in circles, because it is a hole in the theory. :hypno::treadmill: :hypno:

I think if he went out on his bike this is why he left his phone and wallet and money you do not ride with junk in your pockets.

But why is the car at the train statin?

Is there parking at the preserve? If so, good question. One thought, maybe he found a good spot to park at the train station and didn't trust the preserve's parking area. The car was supposedly found right in front of the platform, which is a safer spot than an area away from the crowds. However, his scent wasn't found outside of the vehicle, so it seems he may not have parked that car after all . . :banghead:

Hello - I have been a member forever, but never post, however, I can no longer resist; I must relay my story, and I will try for an abbreviated version. My boyfriend, (now my husband) and I lived together for about ten years. I went to visit my family in NY and talked to him at least daily, sometimes several times a day, and no indication there was any problems, until I returned home. He was supposed to pick me up at the airport, and was not there. I got a ride and the minute I walked in the door I knew something was wrong. He was gone - no signs of anything that belonged to him, no vehicle, nothing. And, no note. He was gone for about six months, and I could find not one that had a clue, none of his adult children, nor any other family members. It was beyond devastating. So, I am here to tell you, men, they can and do disappear when all seems well. After six months, he called, sent me a plane ticket, telling me he wanted to explain, (and, I must say I was leery about going), but go I did, and he greeted me with a wedding band and we got married the next day. So, I will also testify, that sometimes, even when they leave and you have not a clue, it turns out well in the end. Thanks, you guys, you all post some terrific theories and great ideas.

I know we all have so many different theories and thoughts but I speak for all of us in saying we would be devestated is his body is found. Hoping he surfaces soon.
Absolutely.
I know you can't really tell much about a person just from their picture. All the same, RM appears to me as the average, all American, hard working, family guy. I sincerely hope he turns up alive + well, anywhere he wants to be. If for any reason that's not possible, I sincerely hope justice is served on his behalf. JMO

I'm pretty sure he had a tool belt too. Someone here said the electricians sometimes keep their tools in a "gang box" on the site, so maybe they are still there. I wonder if IM or LE :cop: checked it out? Supposedly, the trunk latch on the GTO was not working correctly, so possibly RM didn't trust the lock and used the worksite's "gang box."

There were reports RM bought his lunch that day too, so why did he bother with the lunch pail? Maybe he had a thermos in it with hot coffee? :coffeecup: :drink: :coffeeup: :needdrink:
I think so too. + Well for goodness sake if they haven't checked yet, :back:
I missed that he bought his lunch that day as I had tunnel vision on that lunch pail. Oh yes I do have a mental picture of Archie Bunker's steel flip lid, metal double latch, "lunch pail". :floorlaugh:
Maybe he took it out of habit? Maybe I'm the only one with habits that stick every stinking day + I should quit assuming most others have some too.

Hello - I have been a member forever, but never post, however, I can no longer resist; I must relay my story, and I will try for an abbreviated version. My boyfriend, (now my husband) and I lived together for about ten years. I went to visit my family in NY and talked to him at least daily, sometimes several times a day, and no indication there was any problems, until I returned home. He was supposed to pick me up at the airport, and was not there. I got a ride and the minute I walked in the door I knew something was wrong. He was gone - no signs of anything that belonged to him, no vehicle, nothing. And, no note. He was gone for about six months, and I could find not one that had a clue, none of his adult children, nor any other family members. It was beyond devastating. So, I am here to tell you, men, they can and do disappear when all seems well. After six months, he called, sent me a plane ticket, telling me he wanted to explain, (and, I must say I was leery about going), but go I did, and he greeted me with a wedding band and we got married the next day. So, I will also testify, that sometimes, even when they leave and you have not a clue, it turns out well in the end. Thanks, you guys, you all post some terrific theories and great ideas.

please don't leave us hanging...why did he leave? thanks for your post!

Just a quick comment on the GTO - a bike would not fit in it, unless it was taken apart - trunk or otherwise

Do you know for sure he lived in RI??? One of the interviews says he is a lifelong resident of LI. Grew up in Old Bethpage and then has lived in DH for almost 20. Search sites that bring up names and have immediate family listed along with residences are not always accurate :coffeews:

I have noticed that when you look someone up on one of those sites, the addresses they list are always connected to places you once lived or received mail at. Did he go to college in Rhode Island maybe, did someone connected to him live in RI? I am curious about the things NCNY said, especially about the hint at his prescription drug use and I was also wondering about the person RM was texting behind IM's back. Was that someone he dealt with a lot when he used to park his car in that spot at the trains station some 5 years ago. Is there a connection?

When NCNY mentioned DENIAL, it made me think he feels IM is in denial that RM left. From the start I felt that HE LEFT WITH SOMEONE and based on NYNC's postings, he left with a man.:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

I was also wondering about a scent if he left on a bike from the car.

I think it is clear he went home, since the money and phone were there, that is assuming they were not planted. Maybe a gun is missing? Maybe that is why IM wants the preserve searched? But why the car at the station? How far is that from the place she wants searched? Closer, or further, than from the house?

I think who ever left it there, thought that it will be stolen very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabella2320