NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she has painted this perfect life picture and honestly im not buying it!

But if she knew deep down he was having trouble and was depressed don't you think she would say please help me find him im afraid he might harm himself? I would sure hope so!
But she hasn't and this is why I don't think he killed himself!
Something else is going on!
Very early on she did comment she was afraid he was hurt.
I sure hope he didn't.

What is it that helps you come to that conclusion? IMO, you always seems to throw out these accusations without clarification. TIA

Can you say what you feel happened? Do you think he was abducted for some reason, or had an accident and has not been found?

Not necessarily, IMO. Some people can't or won't see what's in front of them, or maybe just in denial.
Very true. Some others are experts at hiding their true feelings (in my little bit of life experience men generally are a bit more skilled at this). Its possible he gave no warning signs IF he was feeling that way. Sometimes its a complete shock to everyone who knew the victim. JMO

Very true. Some others are experts at hiding their true feelings (in my little bit of life experience men generally are a bit more skilled at this). Its possible he gave no warning signs IF he was feeling that way. Sometimes its a complete shock to everyone who knew the victim. JMO

Yes, sadly, it often can be quite a big shock.
But for some reason, I just don't feel that Rob chose this path. IMO

it is approx. 8-13 min to Deer Park depending on which way you go...and taking his car wouldn't stop him from leaving....he could just have a friend or family member come get him

it is approx. 8-13 min to Deer Park depending on which way you go...and taking his car wouldn't stop him from leaving....he could just have a friend or family member come get him

That's why I think she tried to stop him by taking his wallet, phone and money. And when that didnt work, the car. Perhaps she was just so desperate to stop him from going. I have to say IMO, I would think taking someone's car (a car they "loved") would stop them in their tracks.

Well when you go back and read the first missing news articles they say his bike is missing!

I think he left on his bike!
I think someone else drove off in his car!

Can you say what you feel happened? Do you think he was abducted for some reason, or had an accident and has not been found?

What is it that helps you come to that conclusion? IMO, you always seems to throw out these accusations without clarification. TIA[/QUOTE

Facts are definitely very important in coming to valid and reliable conclusions. Wish we had more facts in this case. Based on what is known, or logical, what would you consider a viable conclusion at this point, if any? I think you may have made a past reference to a financial issue, AFAIR.

Well when you go back and read the first missing news articles they say his bike is missing!

From what I recall reading, Ida stated that sometime after he was missing, she noticed his bike was also missing. But she did state that it could have been gone BEFORE Rob went missing, that she really wasn't sure. I believe she also commented that in the last several months before June, she hadn't been aware that Rob went out on his bike at all. Whether these statements are in fact accurate, we have no way to know.

From what I recall reading, Ida stated that sometime after he was missing, she noticed his bike was also missing. But she did state that it could have been gone BEFORE Rob went missing, that she really wasn't sure. I believe she also commented that in the last several months before June, she hadn't been aware that Rob went out on his bike at all. Whether these statements are in fact accurate, we have no way to know.

I remember that !
And the kids would be more aware of the bikes and stuff since she didn't go riding with them.

I wish I lived in the area, because I think an organized bike ride through the preserve would be a good idea. One can go further on a bike (cover more ground) and one sits higher on a bike (easier to see what is off the trail). It would have to be a slow ride, but what the heck.

I wish I lived in the area, because I think an organized bike ride through the preserve would be a good idea. One can go further on a bike (cover more ground) and one sits higher on a bike (easier to see what is off the trail). It would have to be a slow ride, but what the heck.

IIRC some of the searchers were on bikes.
I believe the brush is so heavy and overgrown that it
was a difficult search. They did cover some ground and did have SAR there
With them.

Do a lot of ppl walk and ride thru the Preserve daily?

Do a lot of ppl walk and ride thru the Preserve daily?

I really dont know how much bike/hiking traffic it gets.
Its approximately 1,000 heavily wooded acres.
I have lived here many years (and i bike) but would never ever
Go there with or without company.
:scared::scared::scared:

IIRC some of the searchers were on bikes.
I believe the brush is so heavy and overgrown that it
was a difficult search. They did cover some ground and did have SAR there
With them.

Does the brush die back alot in the fall? I'm sure it is a big jungle like tangle now.

Does the brush die back alot in the fall? I'm sure it is a big jungle like tangle now.

As I said, I have not walked or ridden a bike thru the preserve, but I have driven thru the Pilgrim property and the parkway runs along the preserve and it always looks like a jungle. Even in the winter it is heavily wooded with overgrown brush.

IM commented she wasn't sure if he had ridden his bike since last summer or when it went "missing", so the bike may very well have been gone long before Robert. Not saying it was, but honestly the bike may have nothing whatsoever to do with this case. For all we know he lent it out, sold it, it was stolen, who knows, but could be a year ago. I'm not discounting it + it may fit in several scenarios / theories, but all the same it may be a total waste of time to absolutely include it in the chain of events on June 14th. JMO

Yes, sadly, it often can be quite a big shock.
But for some reason, I just don't feel that Rob chose this path. IMO
I hope you are right + my gut instinct agrees with you. Each time I try to account for the odd bits its the only explanation that seems to fit all of them. I hope I'm wrong, which is why I don't like supporting this side of the debate. Occam's razor "to me" goes this direction + I don't like it. :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3