NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that !
And the kids would be more aware of the bikes and stuff since she didn't go riding with them.
She didn't go?
The kids went with Rob?
I missed all of this entirely!
JMO

I agree with your take on that. IF he was suicidal, there would be no point in taking the money with him. IF something bad happened to him, maybe nobody involved even knew the money was there. JMO

BBM - I'm not saying he didn't or that I think he didn't, but we really don't know for sure "he" drove home that day. He was for a fact seen inside Arrow on a sec cam, but IIRC the outside cam didn't work that day or it has never been released to the public if he was seen leaving or not or in what vehicle or if he was alone. JMO
The picture we've been presented with agrees with your opinion of not being suicidal, however something amplified this to "endangered" + got LE involved sooner rather than later + I've often wondered if that was not because someone led them to believe (true or not) he was depressed / suicidal. I have no idea if he was the type to cheat, seen too many over the years that were "not the type" but did it anyway. JMO

What is the obvious in your opinion?

BBM. OK since I got everyone in an uproar about my 'supposed' facts, many of the statements did come from IM, true. However, it should be considered if one or none of these things are true, it puts LE's focus on herself. YES, stories changed because IM was told to withhold info - by LE - such as the phone. So now the public has the info about the phone, money, video from the neighbor and the scrap yard. 2 weeks ago only the family and LE had this info. This community still scrutinizes her credibility. We could have nothing regardless of what info people feel they 'deserve' to have.

And as far as any links requested by me for the things I've stated, they have already been posted at various times among the threads. I don't recall many other people being called out on when they state things as factual. But I will partially take back one thing as fact, that Rob drove home. So I will amend my statement:

Considering Rob was at work (no reports of him not being there), it is in all likelihood that Rob Left work with his phone (that he talked to Ida to on that morning), drove to Arrow, then drove home, placed the money and phone in the drawers in the garage himself.

I hope this is enough to suffice the masses.

:truce:
I am sincerely interested in your opinion / theory / speculation. I tend to nit pick + mostly that is for my own little brain to sort out what we know for absolute fact and what is assumed (some by very good common sense inference). Its very plausible that Rob drove home in his red GTO June 14th arriving about 2:40pm, no doubt. Its slightly possible he didn't or wasn't alone or :ufo:

Anyhoot - ForceTen, I for one, was simply interested in your theory. Forgive me if you have posted it previously, I have been here, do read backwards, but have that CRS syndrome at times. :peace:

I've been following this case since day one and every evening reading the days posts. I thought I'd chime in with my thought of what happened to him.
I feel they were having some problems, maybe financial. JMO I truly believe he went somewhere and is starting a new life. I really hope that is the outcome, but of course, we will never know if that is the case unless someone recognizes him.

:truce:
I am sincerely interested in your opinion / theory / speculation. I tend to nit pick + mostly that is for my own little brain to sort out what we know for absolute fact and what is assumed (some by very good common sense inference). Its very plausible that Rob drove home in his red GTO June 14th arriving about 2:40pm, no doubt. Its slightly possible he didn't or wasn't alone or :ufo:

Anyhoot - ForceTen, I for one, was simply interested in your theory. Forgive me if you have posted it previously, I have been here, do read backwards, but have that CRS syndrome at times. :peace:

I don't have enough facts yet to develop a theory as to conclude what happened to RM, only enough to discern and discard what didn't happen. I guess I work in the opposite direction as well, verses the status quo.

I don't have enough facts yet to develop a theory as to conclude what happened to RM, only enough to discern and discard what didn't happen. I guess I work in the opposite direction as well, verses the status quo.

Thank you.

Been following Bruce Laspisa's thread so I'm behind once again but I wanted to say this..

If you don't believe he ran off on his own or that he committed suicide, you can't get frustrated with other theories. Geez!

I have no idea. First I thought drugs, then murder, now...I'm so lost. Sill hoping he surfaces but IMO, I don't know that he will.

I have no idea how any theory can be ruled out at this point. Also, no idea how any one theory can be settled upon by anyone. I honestly do not have a clue or anything even stronger than any other theory. But I sure can't say "this didn't happen" or whatever. JMO

What gets me is that friends or family found the car at the train station? How would they know to go there especially if he didn't take the train according to IM.
So is it possible she drove there? Something doesn't sit well with me on this case. Would love to speculate more on past history, but cannot because of rules. I'm sure some of you are following my thoughts. I'm just getting a little suspicious at this point as it is coming up on 3 months now.

BBM. OK since I got everyone in an uproar about my 'supposed' facts, many of the statements did come from IM, true. However, it should be considered if one or none of these things are true, it puts LE's focus on herself. YES, stories changed because IM was told to withhold info - by LE - such as the phone. So now the public has the info about the phone, money, video from the neighbor and the scrap yard. 2 weeks ago only the family and LE had this info. This community still scrutinizes her credibility. We could have nothing regardless of what info people feel they 'deserve' to have.

And as far as any links requested by me for the things I've stated, they have already been posted at various times among the threads. I don't recall many other people being called out on when they state things as factual. But I will partially take back one thing as fact, that Rob drove home. So I will amend my statement:

Considering Rob was at work (no reports of him not being there), it is in all likelihood that Rob Left work with his phone (that he talked to Ida to on that morning), drove to Arrow, then drove home, placed the money and phone in the drawers in the garage himself.

I hope this is enough to suffice the masses.

Thanks F-10. I just have one question....how do we know LE asked her to withold that info. They have stated that they don't believe there was a crime and no foul play. The only reason I can think of to w/h that info is embarrassment of what it looks like. And it looks like he walked away and I get it...more than most. I do. But to find him if he didn't walk away well....I just believe we'd be seeing a lot more detailed info about RM , more openess, and not this IV drip .....sorry JMO

He had LE basically living at his house saying things like where should we look, etc.

If i remember correctly, he came up with the idea to look there. Don't quote me as it's been a long time. I just remember hearing about his complete relief because he thought, she's found, his ordeal was over and he could be out of the spotlight. Little did he know it had just begun.

Matthew Solomon was recently back in the news--maybe a few weeks ago--the s.o.b. who should rot is up for parole and Lisa's mom (blessings on that dear woman) is fighting hard to have it denied.

What gets me is that friends or family found the car at the train station? How would they know to go there especially if he didn't take the train according to IM.
So is it possible she drove there? Something doesn't sit well with me on this case. Would love to speculate more on past history, but cannot because of rules. I'm sure some of you are following my thoughts. I'm just getting a little suspicious at this point as it is coming up on 3 months now.

It's not the first place they looked...if I'm looking for his car, I'm going to all public parking areas. Malls, train stations, airports, etc.

BBM - Add to that his phone last pinged at 1:45 (Huntington / Melville). Locals said that is a 10 min (no more than 15) drive to Arrow.
Its JMO - I think that was the moment (1:45) when his phone was diverting from its direct route home from work. In some ways that is obvious as Arrow is not on a direct route home. However there is still a gap of time when other destination/s may factor in. Or maybe he was just shooting the breeze with the guys in the parking lot at Arrow or stopping for gas or?

Being Friday there could have been traffic, an accident, caught at the draw-bridge-------driving from LI to Brooklyn can be a bit of an adventure-lol
Realistically it could have been stright-sitting-in-traffic kind of a commute for RM. hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm---how far back would we be able to track the traffic that day???????

Thanks F-10. I just have one question....how do we know LE asked her to withold that info. They have stated that they don't believe there was a crime and no foul play. The only reason I can think of to w/h that info is embarrassment of what it looks like. And it looks like he walked away and I get it...more than most. I do. But to find him if he didn't walk away well....I just believe we'd be seeing a lot more detailed info about RM , more openess, and not this IV drip .....sorry JMO

Just because there's no evidence of foul play, doesn't mean foul play didn't happen...IMO since they are investigating a missing man, they don't want everything made public. They always hold back information.

Me too!
didn't they ask these neighbors if they saw him at all that day

good question--- thats a busy time of day--school buses, kids coming home from school, parents rushing a kid to ballet, baseball, or to the supermarket

I don't believe the entire preserve was searched. It is quite big.

I am going to direct this question toward folks who live near it and have kids---is there are has there ever been a community clean-up program for the Preserve?? Something local kids (4-H, boy scouts, girl scouts, high-school kids) get involved with to clean up the area?? I am sure the kids would be heavily supervised--but does a program like that exist??

Do you think that the water bottles were somebody else's?
I wonder if DNA was checked on those bottles that were on the front seat. And I wonder if they were on the passenger's seat or driver's seat. And were the bottles empty or had water in them? I don't know if the article meant being empty only about the trunk, or if it was also meaning that the water bottles were empty
as well?
IMOO.

"His car—which Ida says he “loved”—was discovered the next day abandoned in the Long Island Rail Road’s Deer Park station parking lot. Its keys were missing, the front seat was moved forward closer to the steering wheel than he’d have it, and the trunk, where Mayer typically would keep his tools, lunchbox and water bottles, was empty; the latter found on the front seat."

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/08/31/vanished-dix-hills-father-still-missing-after-2-months/

good question Tree-------saliva, fingerprints--lots of DNA for the taking

Maybe his coworkers didn't question him not being at work Monday because what if he either quit or was fired Friday? Not that we've heard from any coworkers though

I thought about that too teamilk----maybe the phone was "shut off" by his employer b/c he either quit or was fired

Its a "ticklish" situation--he is a Union man employed by a contractor---the union needs contractors---maybe the co-workers are being told to be quiet b/c it looks (IMO) like a man left ---should there be evidence of a crime b/c a body is found then I'd think more people will have to talk.

Isn't there a Labor Day parade soon??? coincides with 9-11?????????
Maybe he will be there or his co-workers----they have a beer or two and get "chatty"

Well you know we cant discuss where I heard it. Let me re-phrase - WHAT IF he had no co-workers?

There must be-----then why employ a foreman ????---IIRC didn't someone on FB who claimed to be the "payroll" person provide his hours of work???

I had questioned other trades being on the job as well-------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member