NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention this----kind of OT but----Friday I travelled from eastern LI to Queens--about 100 miles one way--on the LIE message board was an alert for a Missing man in a 93-94 white Jeep (IIRC)----got me thinking about bill boards and other cars RM has or had access to--------just a thought

Hot Cawfee, great post! I actually saw the same thing on the Sunken Meadow/Sag the other day. I scrambled to take a pic of the sign while I was driving to post here, but it came out too blurry.
I was thinking the same exact thing.....there was NOTHING like that for RM, sadly. The only thing I could think of, was because his car (her car) was found, they didnt think it would be beneficial to post it on a parkway?

its obvious....
they obviously like you more than me (big smile)

HOW do you get your box to hold 200?
i have to keep deleting
and i dont wanna.

I do not know. It's 200 total, inbox and sent PMs. I have to keep deleting too. And there are some gems in there from way back too.

"The story" has changed constantly, hence our confusion.
In my mind he either left, harmed himself, or there was foul play.

My big question is why the search at Pilgrim(infrared ?) and Edgewood? Why?
What made anyone think (if nothing criminal) those were the places to look?
Were they expecting to find him there? Why?

eta: I have no links or proof there was a search at Pilgrim, just hearsay/rumor.

Perhaps, because the preserve and Pilgrim are close to the train station and his bike is missing?

Did he wear regular clothes when biking?? Or the bike shorts and fitted shirt??? Am thinking of neighbor who rides his bike everyday and has brightly colored gear versus a pair of shorts and a tee shirt

My impression from IM's answers on the subject is that he didn't take biking that seriously (fancy cycling clothes, etc.). Seems like he only did it on occasion.

IMO, I'd like to think if my husband or loved one were missing, and LE asked me to keep certain info to myself, I would. Just because someone asks me a question doesn't mean I have to answer it. Especially if I had no idea what happened to them, if they were harmed, and if someone nefarious finds out through public channels.

MOO

I agree, it must be so frustrating, anxiety-provoking, and confusing for friends and family to go through (having a missing loved one). The range of emotions must be unreal. I bet it can generate a lot of anger as well which can get taken out on innocent people. I bet those close to the case don't understand why more isn't being done when maybe there is more being done behind the scenes, and then again, maybe not.
Anywho, in my past life I was Sherlock Holmes but in this one, just a diligent sleuther on WS. And I'm good with that.

:seeya:

Heading out for the day kids--- will check back in later----maybe today we get some good news---everyone have a great day and be safe!!!!

Hot Cawfee, great post! I actually saw the same thing on the Sunken Meadow/Sag the other day. I scrambled to take a pic of the sign while I was driving to post here, but it came out too blurry.
I was thinking the same exact thing.....there was NOTHING like that for RM, sadly. The only thing I could think of, was because his car (her car) was found, they didnt think it would be beneficial to post it on a parkway?

I believe the parkway/expressway message boards are only used in cases of Amber and Silver alerts.

I believe the parkway/expressway message boards are only used in cases of Amber and Silver alerts.

Nowdays it seems as though almost anything is for sale given the right price. Why not take some of that reward money and purchase a billboard sign? IMO if my husband were missing, I would do everything humanly possible to find him. After 3 months and not one person has come forward with info..IMO at this point either noone knows anything or they obviously dont intend to come forward. I am not saying that something new could not surface, however, if nobody does anything different than what they are doing now, nothing will change...JMOO

Are there any more searches scheduled? It's gorgeous out today.
Just wondering........... :seeya:

Perhaps, because the preserve and Pilgrim are close to the train station and his bike is missing?

Also, they are very close to RMs house. I think it is just natural to search those type places when someone is missing.

Is this man MISSING?

Or was he just reported missing? (Get back at ya moment)!

Nowdays it seems as though almost anything is for sale given the right price. Why not take some of that reward money and purchase a billboard sign? IMO if my husband were missing, I would do everything humanly possible to find him. After 3 months and not one person has come forward with info..IMO at this point either noone knows anything or they obviously dont intend to come forward. I am not saying that something new could not surface, however, if nobody does anything different than what they are doing now, nothing will change...JMOO

BBM - yes billboards would be a way to go, and not just one, but the more the better! Those new digital screen ones could be less expensive and perhaps billboard company's might do it as public service announcement...

Yes. That is true.
The alert the other day for the white jeep cherokee was for an elderly
man who had alzheimer's. He was found later that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3