NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Will go there wednesday morning and report when i get back.
I know a report was filed (all info for scpd is on namus file).
No need to send the dollar, lol.

do you have a scanner so we can get it uploaded?

That would be terrific! I can send a dollar! I wonder if the case has been closed if it will be shown?

Cat, when you say that maybe we can find out if the case is closed, I assume you mean that LE is no longer involved? Did you also mean that they may know where he is, or that he is no longer missing?? I think you did not mean that?

Cat, when you say that maybe we can find out if the case is closed, I assume you mean that LE is no longer involved? Did you also mean that they may know where he is, or that he is no longer missing?? I think you did not mean that?

I was just wondering aloud if that particular case was closed (he has contacted LE?), would it be noted. At the very least, maybe we could link to other bits of info from that report.

I was just wondering aloud if that particular case was closed (he has contacted LE?), would it be noted. At the very least, maybe we could link to other bits of info from that report.

Very true...hope we can get a look at it!

I wonder if a copy of the incident report will be available to the public, since it may be an open case. It should be, IMO, since it does not seem to be a criminal case. Am interested to see how a request turns out. I was very surprised that the police report regarding Adrienne was available to the public.

I wonder if a copy of the incident report will be available to the public, since it may be an open case. It should be, IMO, since it does not seem to be a criminal case. Am interested to see how a request turns out. I was very surprised that the police report regarding Adrienne was available to the public.

Just asked a friend in local LE who says reports are not available in such short time (not this specific case but in general). The yaphank request is for records which he thinks are older than 6 months old.

Rob's sisters husband is a cop. I do not believe he would let an investigation go on under false pretenses. Nor do I think the sister would be able to keep this huge bit of knowledge from her cop husband. JMO. It is not a crime to disappear but it would be a crime to knowingly waste public resources.

I agree.
If he found out RM is somewhere, anywhere...he would put an end to the investigation.

Hmm, but Adrienne's case wasn't 6 months old, not even close. Or is an incident report a different thing? I thought her report cost about $30 so I was surprised to see that this was only $1! Maybe it varies between states?

Edit: Oops, sorry - read that post again. I guess it IS a city/county thing. Drat! Well, if this goes on much longer, we might be able to get a copy. :(

Hmm, but Adrienne's case wasn't 6 months old, not even close. Or is an incident report a different thing? I thought her report cost about $30 so I was surprised to see that this was only $1! Maybe it varies between states?

I can paypal $1 to whomever buys it, if they're able!

Not sure. I believe each state or even county is different.
I've picked up incident reports (for personal matters) but that was at local precinct and it was free.

Not sure. I believe each state or even county is different.
I've picked up incident reports (for personal matters) but that was at local precinct and it was free.

Maybe you could call that division and ask if we have to wait six months?

It appears to be a fairly simple request with Suffolk County but I don't know if we know if it was made at a city level or county level. It looks like Dix Hills government is incorporated into the Town of Huntington. Any locals have any ideas on who to contact?

Is a police report public information? Can anyone request the report? I can't believe reporters are not delving into this one if that's the case.

I agree.
If he found out RM is somewhere, anywhere...he would put an end to the investigation.

Hasn't the investigation ended? There has not been a search & rescue attempt in weeks. I am going to look it up online and see if its an ongoing case.

I agree.

Its possible he already did.....I know that sounds silly but anything is possible.

Btw----cops all stick together. Hypothetical situation---So I would believe even if RM did contact LE and say he was fine, And they closed the case, someone has said here that LE has to respect his privacy and not let the family know. So lets assume the brother-in law didnt belong to that particular precinct, or was a city cop or whatever, you can bet they informed him "off the record" of his where abouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen