NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsG--- He sure could have---and even kept going to CT (and north), Shelter Island---all accessible by ferry.
Did not hear about the Chinese food guy----ferry runs out of Orient Pt.--maybe he took it ????

I was thinking of searching whether or not these areas have cameras. The ferry, the RR stations out there etc. I just have this nagging feeling about out east that I can't get out of my mind.

regarding mortgages, I am a real estate broker. If I understood the question correctly, someone stated the bank makes you pay off your first mortgage before allowing the second. This is not necessarily true. A home equity loan will take 2nd position on the deed. Depending on the lender, the home owner can borrow up to 100 percent equity.

Curious---what happens if the home-owners file for bankruptcy??? Do all outstanding monies owed on the house fall under bnk'cy protection or only the mortgage and home-owners owe the home equity loan????

I was thinking of searching whether or not these areas have cameras. The ferry, the RR stations out there etc. I just have this nagging feeling about out east that I can't get out of my mind.

Its easy to get out east---Hampton Jitney, North Fork Express buses, LIRR and then the ferries. Quite alot of places to go and alot of ways to get there!!!

regarding mortgages, I am a real estate broker. If I understood the question correctly, someone stated the bank makes you pay off your first mortgage before allowing the second. This is not necessarily true. A home equity loan will take 2nd position on the deed. Depending on the lender, the home owner can borrow up to 100 percent equity.

Well, why not check the actual records then and find out? I would assume you would have access to this information via either login to the Suffolk County kiosk or the proprietary real estate system. Without a login, the only thing we laymen can see are the date, primary borrower's name, transaction type and amount for each transaction.

Quick question: has anyone thought about him taking the train from deer park out east to greenport, or changing at Ronkonkoma for another destination to "disappear"?
I am sorry if it has been covered. This mama doesn't have time to plow through 8 threads. Meep!
This idea comes from a story out of Oceanside quite awhile back. A Chinese food delivery boy went missing. He was last seen out in Orient where they found his car parked... Suicide is suspected :( Could RM have gone East, too?

Yup, I think it was possible, especially since the bike is missing. He could have stayed in those areas or took a ferry to CT or Block Island, RI. Ferries from Block can take you to mainland RI too. He could have bought a cheap sailboat or powerboat and lived on a hook all summer in some of those places. He could have kept the boat unregistered, because it is rare anyone checks, especially a sailboat. Also, I have friends who lived and worked on Block and Martha's Vineyard. They were contractors (painters, carpenters, etc.) who often stayed in homes as they renovated them. Just a possibility.

just want to say... in my divorce, things i found out did not always add up correctly. i had house in my name, originally in both our names. SOMEHOW (not even completely understood by my real estate atty) when we refi'd he managed to get his name off house, off mortgage #1, and instead of paying off mtg #1 had it paid down but then $ still owed became mtg #2 and the refi became mortgage #1. so i wound up owing more and not knowing where the extra had gone (still not sure) and all of it in my name. legally binding but it was definitely some scam he was involved in and screwed me in the long run as it was way more than house was worth, i short saled my house. i am in suffolk county but east of dix hills

point being their second mtg may not have been a home equity and may have been some form of what happened in my case.

just my experience

The house was appraised for more than it's worth in my opinion (fraud) or it dropped in worth very quickly (bad timing/ housing bubble burst).

CC--- that went down on FB--IIRC--he wanted to do a doc on the searching for RM. It seemed to fall apart--not sure how much he filmed if anything. Someone help me out---did he do some aerial searches?????

But the HBO guy is according to his FB page--in Iowa teaching at present-and I think the doc. is on hold.

Lol and what happened to his jaw? That be needed surgery?

Personally I do not think he took his tools , I do not think he's working at all.

Lol and what happened to his jaw? That be needed surgery?

You said a "doc" meaning a documentary? That would be a great way to get his face out there nationally. Seems like he was shunned by the Support & Prayer People and he removed himself from the whole deal from what I am reading. Something is really amiss here. I think we do need Geraldo, I hate to say it, but some crazya**, unorthodox reporter needs to get in there and do a show whether they try to block it or not. Does anyone here have access to someone who would press forward and do a show or a spot on it? Should we start writing to the networks?

CC--- that went down on FB--IIRC--he wanted to do a doc on the searching for RM. It seemed to fall apart--not sure how much he filmed if anything. Someone help me out---did he do some aerial searches?????

But the HBO guy is according to his FB page--in Iowa teaching at present-and I think the doc. is on hold.

IIRC, he did one search with the camera copters.

You said a "doc" meaning a documentary? That would be a great way to get his face out there nationally. Seems like he was shunned by the Support & Prayer People and he removed himself from the whole deal from what I am reading. Something is really amiss here. I think we do need Geraldo, I hate to say it, but some crazya**, unorthodox reporter needs to get in there and do a show whether they try to block it or not. Does anyone here have access to someone who would press forward and do a show or a spot on it? Should we start writing to the networks?

For starters, would a blog work? A lot of the info is in the public domain. Maybe it will catch the attention of a investigative reporter for a major network.

Maybe the tools were what was sold at Arrow? :moo:

Possible, but I think Arrow would have said something. They seem like a legit operation—compared to some of the others. I'm more inclined to think he left them in a gang box at the site. JMO

For starters, would a blog work? A lot of the info is in the public domain. Maybe it will catch the attention of a investigative reporter for a major network.

Great idea. Where is the best place to start a blog on the web so that it will get maximum attention?:talker:

His name is Robert Mayer---- seems to be the only fact-lol
Are you absolutely sure of this cawfee? :detective:
I could work on a list of possible reasons why we might not be sure. :findinglink:

I do not view the site which must not be named. Does anyone know "in just your opinion only" if IM has hired a PI? I'm not looking for a link, just wondering if this has been done. I would think with her work history she'd know how to do this + that it would be important if LE wasn't gaining ground. That is if there is no evidence of a crime etc. JMO

Possible, but I think Arrow would have said something. They seem like a legit operation—compared to some of the others. I'm more inclined to think he left them in a gang box at the site. JMO

Good question, McSpy. As a matter of fact, if he sold his tools, that would solve the mystery and establish that he left voluntarily.

I just cannot fathom a man leaving home and not taking his wallet .

Actually we don't know what they told LE or IM.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen