NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its very confusing bc they moved the names of the house around.

I think there may be 3 mortgages, although they don't list the amount of the first one from 99. Only one satisfaction. Sorry lol.

Remember this was IM's forte.

It is confusing. And that one is pretty straight forward. I looked at my own and it's a great big mess.

My two new theories:

RM swims with the fishes...

RM doesnt like to swim and hightailed it outta there....

There is a very interesting story on ID right now
Case of bill mc guire fr New Jersey.

regarding mortgages, I am a real estate broker. If I understood the question correctly, someone stated the bank makes you pay off your first mortgage before allowing the second. This is not necessarily true. A home equity loan will take 2nd position on the deed. Depending on the lender, the home owner can borrow up to 100 percent equity.

A refinance will show up as a paid mortgage as well, right? I have refinaced and received a satisfaction letter from the original bank. Then IM goes missing off the mortgage and its all in RM's name now, right? Does this mean he holds the equity loan? Also, since he is gone, can it just go in default and she does not have to pay it now? It's not in her name.

I have to rectify 2 very big things.

So... mortgage 1 is for a specific amount and mortgage 2 is for a specific amount but there is no satisfaction for either mortgage.

Mortgage 2 is most likely a home equity line of credit, IMO. Having refinanced myself several times, no bank has ever offered to give us a new mortgage without requiring us to satisfy one that already exists.

B.

just want to say... in my divorce, things i found out did not always add up correctly. i had house in my name, originally in both our names. SOMEHOW (not even completely understood by my real estate atty) when we refi'd he managed to get his name off house, off mortgage #1, and instead of paying off mtg #1 had it paid down but then $ still owed became mtg #2 and the refi became mortgage #1. so i wound up owing more and not knowing where the extra had gone (still not sure) and all of it in my name. legally binding but it was definitely some scam he was involved in and screwed me in the long run as it was way more than house was worth, i short saled my house. i am in suffolk county but east of dix hills

point being their second mtg may not have been a home equity and may have been some form of what happened in my case.

just my experience

Quick question: has anyone thought about him taking the train from deer park out east to greenport, or changing at Ronkonkoma for another destination to "disappear"?
I am sorry if it has been covered. This mama doesn't have time to plow through 8 threads. Meep!
This idea comes from a story out of Oceanside quite awhile back. A Chinese food delivery boy went missing. He was last seen out in Orient where they found his car parked... Suicide is suspected :( Could RM have gone East, too?

:seeya: Nice seeing you again

Yeah anything is possible. He went on vacation in Montauk or the Hamptons. But yes he could have gone out east, rented a car and took the Port Jeff ferry or the ferry at Orient Point to RI.

Oh forget that idea, thats all traceable and they would have a lead by now. Imo

:seeya: Nice seeing you again

Yeah anything is possible. He went on vacation in Montauk or the Hamptons. But yes he could have gone out east, rented a car and took the Port Jeff ferry or the ferry at Orient Point to RI.

Oh forget that idea, thats all traceable and they would have a lead by now. Imo

not if someone had picked him up at Ronkonkoma or another stop east on LIRR. paid cash for tickets and cash on ferry... jmo

just want to say... in my divorce, things i found out did not always add up correctly. i had house in my name, originally in both our names. SOMEHOW (not even completely understood by my real estate atty) when we refi'd he managed to get his name off house, off mortgage #1, and instead of paying off mtg #1 had it paid down but then $ still owed became mtg #2 and the refi became mortgage #1. so i wound up owing more and not knowing where the extra had gone (still not sure) and all of it in my name. legally binding but it was definitely some scam he was involved in and screwed me in the long run as it was way more than house was worth, i short saled my house. i am in suffolk county but east of dix hills

point being their second mtg may not have been a home equity and may have been some form of what happened in my case.

just my experience

Very Interesting!

A refinance will show up as a paid mortgage as well, right? I have refinaced and received a satisfaction letter from the original bank. Then IM goes missing off the mortgage and its all in RM's name now, right? Does this mean he holds the equity loan? Also, since he is gone, can it just go in default and she does not have to pay it now? It's not in her name.

If you refinance and you pay off your first loan with the second, then the first is considered paid, satisfied. If the loan is in his name and he is unable to make payments, it would go in default. If he were deceased, his estate is still responsible to make timely payments on the mortgage and taxes until the house could be disposed of.

If the mortgage were unpaid, at some point in the future, there would be a foreclosure and eviction.

If another person wanted to mortgage it, they would have to be credit worthy and the title of the house would have to go in their name.

Question about his tools....I know squat about his profession, but would a foreman such as RM need his tools on a daily basis?? Would he still be working "hands-on" as a foreman? Carrying them around with him everyday in a trunk that wouldn't lock?

He could be working with his tools as a foreman----it sometimes depends on the size of the job. And sometimes the scope of work to be done---a foreman may have a special skill necessary for the job. The workers under him may not necessarily have the skill. I am referring to things like fiber optic work etc. There should be a secure place on the job for the tools and materials to be locked up.

I have to rectify 2 very big things.

#1:
I just rechecked the mortgage records and while I have been going around saying that they paid down their first mortgage when refinancing, after taking a 2nd look I now see that the 1st mortgage was never satisfied. I apologize. Very sloppy on my part. Why didn't any of you show me the error of my ways?

So... mortgage 1 is for a specific amount and mortgage 2 is for a specific amount but there is no satisfaction for either mortgage.

Mortgage 2 is most likely a home equity line of credit, IMO. Having refinanced myself several times, no bank has ever offered to give us a new mortgage without requiring us to satisfy one that already exists.

Both are quite large amounts.

So... no evidence of a large chunk of change being spent here to pay down the mortgage, IMO.

#2:
Their permit for the renovations for an estimated $75K looks like 2 permits in the land management history but is actually 1 permit that was extended some 8 years later. This is so not usually done that I'm quite shocked that they were allowed to do this. The 2004 estimate for the $75K work was extended to add some additional things in 2012. The estimate was not modified in doing so. So... the estimate for their renovations is $75K and not $150K. But I still say this addition must have cost way more than the estimate.

I stand with egg on my face.

passing wash cloth to Eliza---Thanks for clearing this up. And honey, the "mess" you think is on your face is nothing compared to this.....mortgage-ness.

The reno looks like alot more than 75 K-----the exterior and what I would think happened on the inside. I am sure RM is very handy--but materials and am sure there are things he can't do (plumbing, tile work)

The HBO guy. What is that all about? Clue me in.

CC--- that went down on FB--IIRC--he wanted to do a doc on the searching for RM. It seemed to fall apart--not sure how much he filmed if anything. Someone help me out---did he do some aerial searches?????

But the HBO guy is according to his FB page--in Iowa teaching at present-and I think the doc. is on hold.

I agree, but would there have been an odor if he was buried? Does the ground on Long Island have a lot of rocks and stones? In New England our land is chock full of them. One can barely plant anything without swearing up a storm. Our soil is filled with rocks of all sizes, including boulders!!! If LI is like this, then burying anyone would be a big job.

North Shore tends to be very rocky--the South less so. We do have alot of construction going on all over LI----commercial and residential.

So it looks doubtful RM was buried in the sump areas. A person would have to be there for quite awhile.

And if "one" didn't anticipate the condition of the soil, and the difficulty in digging--the body may have to be held until another spot can be found. And that spot may be a quick place to toss the body.

Quick question: has anyone thought about him taking the train from deer park out east to greenport, or changing at Ronkonkoma for another destination to "disappear"?
I am sorry if it has been covered. This mama doesn't have time to plow through 8 threads. Meep!
This idea comes from a story out of Oceanside quite awhile back. A Chinese food delivery boy went missing. He was last seen out in Orient where they found his car parked... Suicide is suspected :( Could RM have gone East, too?

MrsG--- He sure could have---and even kept going to CT (and north), Shelter Island---all accessible by ferry.
Did not hear about the Chinese food guy----ferry runs out of Orient Pt.--maybe he took it ????

Its very confusing bc they moved the names of the house around.

I think there may be 3 mortgages, although they don't list the amount of the first one from 99. Only one satisfaction. Sorry lol.

Remember this was IM's forte.

Someone remind me please ( am getting so confused-cawfee wearing off)--when R and I married-did they moved into the Dix Hills house?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan